2017 Midfield Midpricers

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Dayne Beams. A quiet 15 touches at 93%DE in the first half ... if Sandi plays well this week there is some chance there might be 100,000+ identical teams in R1.
When was the last time Beams played R1?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Dayne Beams. A quiet 15 touches at 93%DE in the first half ... if Sandi plays well this week there is some chance there might be 100,000+ identical teams in R1.
Beams is looking real good o_O now I'm even more confused lol

Reactions: Tevez17 and cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I just got rid of Swallow Iin place of JOM. JOM should be a keeper, and no R9 bye.

No doubt he's a gun but he's at least 13 points off being a keeper on history and coming off 2 years without footy, huge rest risk & obviously injury risk, saying "should" be a keeper seems a little over the top to me.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
What makes you think that?
He probably won't be a POD, but 2 weeks ago he was in about 50% of teams. Now after other midpricers have put their hands up such as JOM and Beams, Swallow's ownership will in turn drop. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his 2 games either.

Will be interesting if Murphy comes out and has a big one too, will really open it up!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
No doubt he's a gun but he's at least 13 points off being a keeper on history and coming off 2 years without footy, huge rest risk & obviously injury risk, saying "should" be a keeper seems a little over the top to me.
He'll be right, no rests because the Hawks will drain every last bit o anything from him. I also but "should" instead of will because of your very statement. If he gets a good run at it he will smash out some great scoring imo. I don't know where Hawthorn get their medicos from but I'd like em' on the Dees books.

Reactions: Tevez17

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
He'll be right, no rests because the Hawks will drain every last bit o anything from him. I also but "should" instead of could because of your very statement. If he gets a good run at it he will smash out some great scoring imo. I don't know where Hawthorn get their medicos from but I'd like em' on the Dees books.

I'm not convinced that JOM's current fitness is a reflection of Hawthorn's medicos but more a reflection of the SUN's medicos.

One of the reasons that I'm not convinced about JOM is the fact that Hawthorn spread the SC points around so I don't see JOM smashing out great scores as you say. Does this concern you or do you expect this pattern to change?

Reactions: tabs

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Worst case he completely stuffs his knee R1 and we trade him out. Obviously that's the risk we take with these players returning from LTI's. However worst case if he stays healthy he makes probably at least 200k, a solid M7/8 for the first half of the season and he is a stepping stone to an uber Premo by the byes. I think he is worth a spot and too talented to look over at the price.... On a side note, why the hell did he go up in price after not playing last year? If he was 200k everybody would be all over him

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Can JOM play 22 games this year though??

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Worst case he completely stuffs his knee R1 and we trade him out. Obviously that's the risk we take with these players returning from LTI's. However worst case if he stays healthy he makes probably at least 200k, a solid M7/8 for the first half of the season and he is a stepping stone to an uber Premo by the byes. I think he is worth a spot and too talented to look over at the price.... On a side note, why the hell did he go up in price after not playing last year? If he was 200k everybody would be all over him

Can't disagree with much of that, my worry is to make 200k he has to average pretty much 100 for half a season, just seems a tough ask at this stage I'd prefer to take the punt on Swallow to average 90 odd and make me 150k by his bye upgarde him then or if he's doing well keep him through the 3 round byes.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm not convinced that JOM's current fitness is a reflection of Hawthorn's medicos but more a reflection of the SUN's medicos.

One of the reasons that I'm not convinced about JOM is the fact that Hawthorn spread the SC points around so I don't see JOM smashing out great scores as you say. Does this concern you or do you expect this pattern to change?
The Hawks gor Tich & JOM to win the ball in the middle, he will be given every chance and even if he isn't on my field at the end of the year I've been stuck w

Reactions: TomCat

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
There's one guy I'm dying to pick, I think he has the role, for the right team, points per minute fantastic, improved nicely season on season but is it stupid with all these injury affected guys to be trying to land a break out?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Can't disagree with much of that, my worry is to make 200k he has to average pretty much 100 for half a season, just seems a tough ask at this stage I'd prefer to take the punt on Swallow to average 90 odd and make me 150k by his bye upgarde him then or if he's doing well keep him through the 3 round byes.
7 games at the MCG before the bye and only averages 79 there. Hmmm he stays in my team just atm