2017 Midfield Midpricers

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
My problem with Jobe is not really to do with him it's the other options, if you want to have a crack at 400Kish midfielder there's Beams & Murphy as well and less you've got O'Meara & Swallow too assuming they all line up round one I think Watson's is bottom of that list.

Jobe was never on my list at all to begin with. But I think he may well prove more effective and less risky than either Beams or Murphy. Beams is a scorer for sure but there's no way he's top of my list with his injury history. And I've never liked Murphy as an option. I've heard he's had a decent off-season but his recent history shows that if he does start finding the footy he gets a tag and disappears. Jobe can easily go 110 and currently presents no such risks. Not saying he's going to be in my team come Round 1 but at that price point I'd feel more confident picking him out of those three.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I honestly don't think I'd have the balls but I wouldn't blame anyone for strongly considering Josh Kelly... He is a shit price (473k) and he doesn't suit my structure but he looks primed to have a huge year and looked pretty good today. I'm just very weary about picking GWS mids, there's just to much quality in there to spread the points around! I could see 5 or 6 of them averaging 100+ this year

Reactions: cactus

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Jobe was never on my list at all to begin with. But I think he may well prove more effective and less risky than either Beams or Murphy. Beams is a scorer for sure but there's no way he's top of my list with his injury history. And I've never liked Murphy as an option. I've heard he's had a decent off-season but his recent history shows that if he does start finding the footy he gets a tag and disappears. Jobe can easily go 110 and currently presents no such risks. Not saying he's going to be in my team come Round 1 but at that price point I'd feel more confident picking him out of those three.
I trust these JLT scores less that I trust my own president....actually, I immediately take that back it's not possible. Watson did tear it up, but it was against a Collingwood midfield without Treloar, Pendles, Adams, and Grundy. I'd just caution not to overreact based on preseason round 1. I mean if he's forced his way on to your watchlist then that's fine, but I wouldn't be locking him in just yet.

Reactions: Nofunatall

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Swallow is back in my team, having him and Roughy up forward instead of rookies has me a little structure wise.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Swallow is back in my team, having him and Roughy up forward instead of rookies has me a little structure wise.
I reckon Swallow and one Roughy / Ryder type if the rest of your picks are proven primos. I'd be a bit concern if you were thinking of taking those two and a breakout contender like a Touk Miller or some backline equivalent.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Dom Sheed anyone?

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
O'mera is probally locked in my team now.

Reactions: Mick

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
O'mera is probally locked in my team now.
I'm going to have to watch the first half on replay because I missed it but but he and Roughy are looking very hard to ignore. Can you take Swallow and O'Mera? Makes the side look very unbalanced ... either I leave out a rookie and I start to worry about cash generation or I leave out a primo and I'm left with too much unspent money. Nice problem to have I suppose.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Just rejigged my team and have JOM and Roughie in there.

I have 4 rookies, Dswallow, JOM, Fyfe and 4 Prems in the mids and Dahl, Caddy, Heeney, Roughie and 4 rookies in the fwds

Lets see how long this teams stays like this

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Just rejigged my team and have JOM and Roughie in there.

I have 4 rookies, Dswallow, JOM, Fyfe and 4 Prems in the mids and Dahl, Caddy, Heeney, Roughie and 4 rookies in the fwds

Lets see how long this teams stays like this

Caddy, Heeney and Roughie, shit there some big kahoonas mate.

Reactions: Dino

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
i never learn and always take a gamble going in to the season. Took Lloyd in the mids last year nd he did quite well
I'll most likely roll with 2 at this stage but not sure if i could go 3. Which 2 is still out atm, toss of the coin for me

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Dayne Beams. A quiet 15 touches at 93%DE in the first half ... if Sandi plays well this week there is some chance there might be 100,000+ identical teams in R1.

Reactions: Tevez17