Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Mountford vs Hannan
Otten/Hibberd vs Smith
Preuss Vs Take Pendles 144

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Don't know enough about them - Mountford maybe.
Otten
You're seriously going to gamble away an 144 captain score? Do you hit on 20 when playing blackjack? :eek:

Reactions: kane.williams14

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Looking at my expensive rookies.
Do i go Horlin-Smith to Barrett/Florent
Turner to Florent/Housten/Simpkin

Or keep Horlin-Smith in the mids for Geel
Thoughts much appreciated

kane.williams14

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Don't know enough about them - Mountford maybe.
Otten
You're seriously going to gamble away an 144 captain score? Do you hit on 20 when playing blackjack? :eek:

I think he means does he take Preuss or does he bring in a ruckman to score a donut so he can take pendles score.

kane.williams14

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Ablett v Selwood

I already have Danger and am reluctant to take two players from the same team.

I see ablett as a POD. But a risky one.

Thoughts?

Also Roughhead v Steele. I know what ever choice I make, it will be the wrong one. lol

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Ablett v Selwood

Thoughts?

Also Roughhead v Steele. I know what ever choice I make, it will be the wrong one. lol

I like Steele over Roughy only because I think he has more upside. I think Steele has a bette role (inside mid, tackles, worse team normally means more SC points) to average 95-100 as opposed to Roughy..
Both are good selections but I think you can only go with one

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I like Steele over Roughy only because I think he has more upside. I think Steele has a bette role (inside mid, tackles, worse team normally means more SC points) to average 95-100 as opposed to Roughy..
Both are good selections but I think you can only go with one

Who would you go out of Swallow and Steel? Swallow a better stepping stone but Steele a rough chance to be a keeper

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Ablett v Selwood

Thoughts?

I have Selwood & have been tempted by the same switch, it's just Joel full pre-season that's won me over.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I've been itching to put Gaz in for the last few days... I keep telling myself that the Round 9 bye is reason enough to say no for now.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I have Hibberd and Stewart at the moment in Defence.

Should I have Otten, which two out of the three would you have.

Not long to make a choice

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Considering sideways trading Hannebery to a cheap premium so I can also trade in WHE.

Narrowed to 3 options:

Murphy, Heppell or Wines.

Leaning towards Murphy given his price. Any strong thoughts one way or another?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Murphy averaged over 115 once feel like with 2 130's on the board you've missed the boat, stepping stone maybe but too expensive for me..

Reactions: Ramjets

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Butler vs Houston vs Hannan... Which fwd rookie/s are must haves??

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Which fwd rookie/s are must haves??

Don't think we have any this year. Hoskin-Elliot is probably the closest to being a must have.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Butler vs Houston vs Hannan... Which fwd rookie/s are must haves??
Butler seems the safest pick of those three based on a balance of job security and scoring potential. I think Houston could average more because he kicks it most of the time and his DE is excellent. But will he survive the axe this weekend when Pittard and Hartlett come back in??? If he's picked this weekend which is a big 'IF' then I think I'll bring him in, but if not, Butler seems the better option of the other two guys.

As others have said though, I don't think 'must have' is a phrase that we can really apply to any of our rookies thus far with the exception of SPP and Witts (if your Ruck structure allows).

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm bringing in WHE this round. I already have Marchbank, Otten, Hampton, Stewart, SPP, Taranto, Barrett, Witts, Butler, Eddy, Parfitt and Cameron. Likely to bring in Newman for Hibberd next week. So ...

I'm thinking of flicking Simpkin to bring in:

Nankervis - or - Houston

Can't make up my mind which. With the other rooks I have I might not need Houston? Nank could be adversely affected if Tiges bring in Soldo this week ... or Nank my tire drop off later in the year ... but if he keeps going the way he is I probably don't want him running against me ...

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm bringing in WHE this round. I already have Marchbank, Otten, Hampton, Stewart, SPP, Taranto, Barrett, Witts, Butler, Eddy, Parfitt and Cameron. Likely to bring in Newman for Hibberd next week. So ...

I'm thinking of flicking Simpkin to bring in:

Nankervis - or - Houston

Can't make up my mind which. With the other rooks I have I might not need Houston? Nank could be adversely affected if Tiges bring in Soldo this week ... or Nank my tire drop off later in the year ... but if he keeps going the way he is I probably don't want him running against me ...

Nank wont be affected Griffiths was doing a fair bit of ruck work already.