Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
just tossing up between two options at the moment
mccrae and rookie or beams and roughy
Mccrae + rookie + about 160k is how I would go. Could I interest you in Gunston + rookie + 170k? I like his first half draw enough to consider. Roughy being back helps him a lot as well.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Mccrae + rookie + about 160k is how I would go. Could I interest you in Gunston + rookie + 170k? I like his first half draw enough to consider. Roughy being back helps him a lot as well.
lol oh god more options hahaha that would look good to ill have a look at it
dont know why i said rookie im currently running JOM and Mccrae but never mind that
cheers for the input

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
lol oh god more options hahaha that would look good to ill have a look at it
dont know why i said rookie im currently running JOM and Mccrae but never mind that
cheers for the input
What are your thoughts on my dilemma: Goldstein + Gunston + Scharenberg or Sandi + Roughy + Docherty with no R/F cover? I lean towards the first.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
What are your thoughts on my dilemma: Goldstein + Gunston + Scharenberg or Sandi + Roughy + Docherty with no R/F cover? I lean towards the first.
yeh i would def stick with the first sandi scares me
looks alot safer with goldy
Docherty i have at the moment but feel like im over paying so i might even get someone else and look at getting him as an upgrade
for cheaper around the byes

Reactions: Seppo

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
yeh i would def stick with the first sandi scares me
looks alot safer with goldy
Docherty i have at the moment but feel like im over paying so i might even get someone else and look at getting him as an upgrade
for cheaper around the byes
I forgot to answer your actual first question, I'd go Beams + Roughy over Mccrae + JOM provided Beams goes full TOG in JLT 3 and looks good.

Reactions: Brad

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I forgot to answer your actual first question, I'd go Beams + Roughy over Mccrae + JOM provided Beams goes full TOG in JLT 3 and looks good.
yeh ill be waiting to see that to but he looked good last night

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I've got a similar delemma i.e.I've worked out that I want Goldy or Sandi at R2 but I'm not sure which one and lots of other decisions with my team flow in from it. Here's my take:
I'm worried about Sandi being an injury risk so if Sandi can't prove he's fit and firing in the JTL then I'm going with Goldy and everything that goes with that.
I'm a little bit worried about Preuss taking some of Goldy's points given how good Preuss looked in the last JTL game. If Preuss isn't selected in Round 1 I can take Goldy without too many reservations.
The problem will be if Sandi doesn't prove himself fit and Pruess is selected Round 1. Then I don't know what the hell I'll do.

Reactions: Prospector

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I've got a similar delemma i.e.I've worked out that I want Goldy or Sandi at R2 but I'm not sure which one and lots of other decisions with my team flow in from it. Here's my take:
I'm worried about Sandi being an injury risk so if Sandi can't prove he's fit and firing in the JTL then I'm going with Goldy and everything that goes with that.
I'm a little bit worried about Preuss taking some of Goldy's points given how good Preuss looked in the last JTL game. If Preuss isn't selected in Round 1 I can take Goldy without too many reservations.
The problem will be if Sandi doesn't prove himself fit and Pruess is selected Round 1. Then I don't know what the hell I'll do.
Whether or not Pruess is selected will have everything to do with Ben Brown's health. Hopefully he gets up for round 1. If Goldy and Preuss get named together and Sandi isn't fit I'll probably just pick Grundy and deal with it. The other option would be to pick a Nankervis and try to go up to Goldy when he bottoms out and Preuss gets dropped, but I don't like that at all.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Whether or not Pruess is selected will have everything to do with Ben Brown's health. Hopefully he gets up for round 1. If Goldy and Preuss get named together and Sandi isn't fit I'll probably just pick Grundy and deal with it. The other option would be to pick a Nankervis and try to go up to Goldy when he bottoms out and Preuss gets dropped, but I don't like that at all.
Yep. I'd really like to take on Grundy because he hasn't demonstrated a high ceiling yet but if there remain big questions over Goldy and Sandi then Grundy looks the safest pick.

Reactions: Haychh

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Yep. I'd really like to take on Grundy because he hasn't demonstrated a high ceiling yet but if there remain big questions over Goldy and Sandi then Grundy looks the safest pick.
Yep I'm in the same boat as well I'm sure there is a lot of us thinking this way

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I've only watched one quarter so far but Grundy and Sandi both looking good playing against each other. Griffin also playing for Freo and looking OK.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
sandi vs goldy vs grundy?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
If sandi looks good again next week I'm scared not to go in with him could put you behind the pack if plays like he did today at that price still a risk tho. I currently have goldy just as safe option and grundy I'm still not sure on just can't see him pumping out any real big scores like the others can

Reactions: Haychh

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London

It seems to me that the risk with Sandi is that he goes down in the first 6 weeks. That's it. If he lasts 6 weeks then at worst you swap him out when he gets over the 500k mark, but at best, he ends up being a keeper that only cost 300k.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Got to say though this whole pre-season feels like a trap

Yea i can't agree more. Players like fyfe, beams, rocklift, watson, heppell, roughead, sandilands. All could go worse than required.

Reactions: Prospector