2017 Forward Midpricers

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I can see both improving this year @Tevez17 but not what we could call premo. Tracca is going to be an awesome player and i love the guy but maybe another year or two, i see him the more traditional break out player. Oliver will be another that will be great but he's building a tank (as he doesn't have one currently) got away with it in the bush but found out in the AFL.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I can see both improving this year @Tevez17 but not what we could call premo. Tracca is going to be an awesome player and i love the guy but maybe another year or two, i see him the more traditional break out player. Oliver will be another that will be great but he's building a tank (as he doesn't have one currently) got away with it in the bush but found out in the AFL.

So you're thinking more a gradual improvement across the board at Melbourne rather than someone/s breaking out, Salem was probably the only other guy i was looking at having averaged 74 over 10 games 2 season ago with a 16 in there.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So you're thinking more a gradual improvement across the board at Melbourne rather than someone/s breaking out, Salem was probably the only other guy i was looking at having averaged 74 over 10 games 2 season ago with a 16 in there.
Definitely, there will be improvement but no real breakout. The only real breakout contender imo would be Viney, obviously a mid, but i reckon he could be the biggest improver this season. But hey I've been wrong before (and before that).

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Is Petracca the new Bont in that he can become a premo in only his second season?
Petracca may very well keep his forward status for his whole career. He is just going to be so effective up there I can't see the Dees making him play a majority of time in the midfield. So, for me, he won't be breaking out this year. But, if he keeps his forward status (which he will) and we start to see him gradually increase his midfield rotations throughout the season I feel like he will be a lock in our forward lines next year and for years to come with an average of around 100-105 or so.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
I haven't seen it confirmed but I'm pretty sure CEY hurt himself early in the game - returned after some treatment and was poor. I'm not taking him but that game might not be a true indication...
CEY out for the season now after the injury he sustained against the tigers. So maybe I was a little harsh on him

Reactions: cactus

The Yank

Development Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Mar 12, 2016

I'll agree with that assessment of both. No doubt Petracca will improve. But I could see him top out at 90ppg? I don't see him as a top 6 fwd. he won't be a genuine midfielder and will be dependant on goals. Can't wait to watch him. But he's not a mid, which Bont was the year he broke out.

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
He has been tempting the last couple of years and has tempted again after 155 today.

Can we pick Jack Steele yet??

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
He has been tempting the last couple of years and has tempted again after 155 today.

Of course you can, hit the +.

Bit in all seriousness he does look good. And the Saints weren't far off full strength today.

Reactions: Benj

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London

Played well and bossed the midfield today but who were his opponents! Honestly, I know it's important to blood the kids but to just dump them in it with barely a senior player in sight just seems counterproductive. I like Bolton but not sure he made the right selection calls today.

Reactions: Prospector and Dino

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I already was pretty keen on Will Hoskin Elliot but the news that Jamie Elliott is going to struggle to get up for RD1 makes him slightly more enticing. Blokes loaded with talent but just couldn't get a decent crack at it in that stacked GWS team. With Elliott out I think he is well and truly in the 22!

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I already was pretty keen on Will Hoskin Elliot but the news that Jamie Elliott is going to struggle to get up for RD1 makes him slightly more enticing. Blokes loaded with talent but just couldn't get a decent crack at it in that stacked GWS team. With Elliott out I think he is well and truly in the 22!

I'm keen as well. Not sure yet if he takes the place of a rookie or a midpricer.

PiesJosh

Mar 27, 2016
Jonathan Patton 349k. Am I crazy thinking he's just worked it out and can kick bags this season? Looks to be getting up the ground a bit too.

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Jonathan Patton 349k. Am I crazy thinking he's just worked it out and can kick bags this season? Looks to be getting up the ground a bit too.

Not crazy. With the Giants midfield feeding him the ball, he has the talent to click and have 60+ goal year. Seems to be over the injuries too. His career so far doesn't suggest a very SuperCoach friendly game though.

Reactions: Dino

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

I worry that he's only gone over 100 3 times in his career and the 2 times last season he kicked bags of 5 & 6 for scores of 102 and 124, I think they'll be a spike in his number this season maybe jump from 65 to 80 something like that.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I worry that he's only gone over 100 3 times in his career and the 2 times last season he kicked bags of 5 & 6 for scores of 102 and 124, I think they'll be a spike in his number this season maybe jump from 65 to 80 something like that.

There will be a year when he does a Johnno Brown, but I'm not sure it's this year!

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
so many fwd midpricers showing good form. who is the pick of them.

Roughead, Ryder, Steele, Nankervis,

Reactions: bat

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I'm seriously considering Steele now after seeing him against a good midfield

Reactions: bat

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I'm seriously considering Steele now after seeing him against a good midfield
Just brought him in. He has been in and out of my team. His tackling makes me think of 1st year Zorko. Obviously not as damaging as the Zork... but still can see him going 90+. Yes... ya need to be averaging 95+ to be in the equation at F6, but I don't think that's out of the question.

so many fwd midpricers showing good form. who is the pick of them.

Roughead, Ryder, Steele, Nankervis,

Roughy is a clear 1st in my eyes because of his scoring history. Ryder second for the same reason + he's a pretty good tap ruckman.

Reactions: Brad