Round 4 Trades

MVallence90

Mar 22, 2016
Crouch going down has really left me stuck, not enough cash to upgrade to a keeper and downgrading to somebody like Ruggles or Hartly messes with structure. Even cutting Jesse Lonergan (who has been fine) all the way down to Ruggles left me $5k short or guys like Parker & Ward. I traded Rocky out to Mitchell last week, if I went Parker and had that extra 50K this plan may have worked.

Currently have a whopping 6k to spend

How much is Crouch forcast to drop $$$ wise? I may just have to have hit sit untill I can cut him down to Petracca soon and then use that cash to upgrade someone. I'll have to live with guys like Hewitt, no room to sideways to another rookie. McCarthy dropped this week hurts too.

Any ideas fellas? What to do with Crouchy?????SCoach.JPG

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Crouch going down has really left me stuck, not enough cash to upgrade to a keeper and downgrading to somebody like Ruggles or Hartly messes with structure. Even cutting Jesse Lonergan (who has been fine) all the way down to Ruggles left me $5k short or guys like Parker & Ward. I traded Rocky out to Mitchell last week, if I went Parker and had that extra 50K this plan may have worked.

Currently have a whopping 6k to spend

How much is Crouch forcast to drop $$$ wise? I may just have to have hit sit untill I can cut him down to Petracca soon and then use that cash to upgrade someone. I'll have to live with guys like Hewitt, no room to sideways to another rookie. McCarthy dropped this week hurts too.

Any ideas fellas? What to do with Crouchy?????View attachment 403

You have cover. Hold and look at Lyons for another week.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Cheers for the advice guys. Have only traded rocky to r.gray and hold crouch for better options next week, unless i am doing shite this week and may pull that itchy trigger finger

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Was thinking of a potentially crazy idea. Was thinking of grabbing for Oliver and Parish for two players who aren't playing at the moment in Gresham and Dunkley. Is it a waste? Have 300k in the bank. Go or unnecessary? Can then move Kerridge to forward for Menadue. Starting to like the idea but I haven't had my morning coffee so I could be talking garbage at the moment.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Was thinking of a potentially crazy idea. Was thinking of grabbing for Oliver and Parish for two players who aren't playing at the moment in Gresham and Dunkley. Is it a waste? Have 300k in the bank. Go or unnecessary? Can then move Kerridge to forward for Menadue. Starting to like the idea but I haven't had my morning coffee so I could be talking garbage at the moment.
Crazy you need that coffee, both still have money to make and i don't see then need to waste 2 trades that will net zero points.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Crazy you need that coffee, both still have money to make and i don't see then need to waste 2 trades that will net zero points.
If not named, how can they make the $$? Nobody knows when their returns will be, could be mid season, by then, game over.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i think trades in the bank are more important then this trade
oliver and parish have already gone up in price if it was last week i would of said do it

Reactions: k-red17

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Obviously Hartley isn't a "must-have", but a lot of people are passing on him. Bad timing/other pressing trades? Unsure on his JS? Waiting for Ruggles?

I actually really like the look of Hartley. Averaged 78 in the NAB and 70 in his first two games. Not a top-up player so arguably should be priority for the coaches to develop. If I've got a limp Gresham on the pine then why wouldn't I want to bring in Hartley? I could still potentially get on Ruggles next week if I prematurely slaughter a Mitch Brown or something..

Reactions: alman

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i have done it and reversed it 100 times this week rich to parker its doing my head in lol
dont know if im wasting a trade leaving my backs thin or a good trade

Reactions: cactus

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I'm breaking a golden rule and sideways trading outside rd 3 this week, after reversing 10,000 trades this week I'm going Rocky to Gaz... Rocky is too risky, he'll leak cash straight away and who knows when he'll get back that Premo scoring ability... I'm admitting defeat on my "No Gaz" tactic and realise I need the little master. I was toying with the idea of Crouch to J Lyons but will ride out this week and consider Lyons on the bubble next week. This way I can also go with Danger VC, Goldy C. One should go big Danger against the Bombers or Goldy against a Sandi-less Dockers

Reactions: alman

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm holding off on Gaz hoping he has a quiet fortnight. Talk is Robinson "tags" him this week, although that didn't work so well for Jelwood last week. Then R5 he has North and Jacobs to contend with. Hoping he'll be ready to pick up around round 7 with an up-down trade for under $600k.

Or he could just as easily average 150 the next fortnight and be unobtainable.....

Reactions: Steve and Haychh

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm holding off on Gaz hoping he has a quiet fortnight. Talk is Robinson "tags" him this week, although that didn't work so well for Jelwood last week. Then R5 he has North and Jacobs to contend with. Hoping he'll be ready to pick up around round 7 with an up-down trade for under $600k.

Or he could just as easily average 150 the next fortnight and be unobtainable.....
Just get him. Should've started Gaz, what we're seeing now is his downside 139, 120, 135 is about as low as Gaz scores. 3 behinds in the first game, then low possession count in the 2nd game. Just get him while he's only 635k, it's as cheap as he'll get

as I kept saying in the preseason, in 2014 if you take out his injury game and game against Dogs when we tagged him with Wallis, Picken and Higgins then he averaged 147 for that year... That's 16 points more than what he's currently going at, you really need him.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Crouch to Menzel o_O

Only concern that I have with this trade is that you need to account for the fact that Menz is likely to be rested for a couple of games. Other than that sit back and enjoy the show. :)

Reactions: the cranky one

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016

Good point. My thinking is, my reasoning for not going with Gaz was because I thought he may be underdone, but he has come out and proven that as 100% false. He is a lock to be in the top 3 Mids at the end of the year barring injury. Most other premo mids apart from Danger and Fyfe all have question marks, so why not get him in ASAP for a sputtering/broken down Rockliff

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'm breaking a golden rule and sideways trading outside rd 3 this week, after reversing 10,000 trades this week I'm going Rocky to Gaz...

This is not a sideways trade so go right ahead and do it without any concerns of breaking any golden rule.

Reactions: Steve