Tour de France

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Rodriguez and Nibali in particular have done less racing than the others. I wouldn't write off Nibali yet. That climb yesterday means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am close to bringing in Nibali but I prefer Rodriguez instead of him because I love Rodriguez. :p

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Quite a TTT: 1 sec, 4 sec and 23 sec
You were (almost) right about Tinkoff-Saxo.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Sorry FG, only equal 10th. Not that that isn't pretty good. :) We're doing something right.
Thanks for that, too. I never thought to check how we were doing, comparative to the other leagues.

doddy: go to the "league" drop-down menu and 3rd option down is the "league of leagues".

Last edited:

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Sky has a trailer, mobile home, that they want their main rider to use as "home" during grand tours in order not to have to pack/unpack each day, sleep in the same bed every night and not to have put up with hotels etc. Riders have officially been banned from using them for this tour. They must stay in the local hotels.
This link takes you to some photos of a Sky mobile home to give an idea of what Froome's might look like.
http://thecyclingpodcast.com/uncategorized/team-sky-at-the-tour-exclusive

On the DT podcast they were talking about some of the costs of the tour. Apparently it took something like 600/700 Euros to fill up the tank on a team bus. That's a lot of petrol/diesel.

Last edited:

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I reckon the leader's team name's a beauty ...
Team ASADA - Dank!

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Done my team for this week. 0 trades left.

Kept in Lotto.

GC Guys

Rodriguez
Quintana
Froome
Contador
Barguil
Sepulveda

Attackers

Sicard
Arredondo

Green Jersey and Friday's Stage

Sagan

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Grater:
Team looks good. No trades left for me either. Team slightly different to yours.
Van Garderen , Froome, Quintana and Contador
Arredondo and Sicard
Maintjes and Kangert
Bakelants
Had to keep Etixx as no trades left.

Main change I would make would be to include Barguil instead of Kangert. Didn't think of Barguil and have heard a whisper that Kangert might be injured.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Grater:
Team looks good. No trades left for me either. Team slightly different to yours.
Van Garderen , Froome, Quintana and Contador
Arredondo and Sicard
Maintjes and Kangert
Bakelants
Had to keep Etixx as no trades left.

Main change I would make would be to include Barguil instead of Kangert. Didn't think of Barguil and have heard a whisper that Kangert might be injured.

Nice team but don't agree with Bakelants. He'll have no freedom I don't think. Not with Bardet and Peraud on the team that he has to work for.

Barguil was meant to be my sleeper that not many people would get as he's better than Pinot and Bardet combined, but he hasn't stayed under the radar like I wanted him to. Sepulveda has though. No one will have him. He'll surprise a few people. He was my smokey for the top 10 before the tour. If he doesn't do as good as I expect then I just trade him out on the weekend to someone else. There's a few guys around that 3.5-4.5 mark worth getting.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I think you were better off getting riders that won't be working for leaders. Bakelandts has a question mark because he has Bardet and Peraud to look after so not sure if he'll attack much? Kangert is looking after Nibali. There are riders in other teams such as Cofidis/Bora/Bretagne etc that would be worth getting as they will go in breaks or ride GC. Shame you didn't go Barguil instead of one of them though. Still though, there's next week and I don't think Barguil will tire as the Tour goes on. He's already ridden grand tours and finished high in them. So he's a must have if he doesn't blow up this week.

Absolutely love the Meintjes pick though. He should be attacking a lot soon.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Pinot's is a bit expensive but I think he's going to have a big last week. So he's one I will consider. I considered him this week. He was in good form heading into the race, but just got caught up in crashes and stuff. His form won't have disappeared.

One rider I wanted to get was Gallopin. He will attack on these mountain stages. It wouldn't surprise me if he's in the break in the next two stages. So I'll reassess what happens with the GC riders this week and I might bring him in later on if one of the 4 I have don't do as good, but his price is a bit uncomfortable because he's a lottery now that won't wear the yellow jersey.

I'm looking closely at Steven Kruijswijk for the attacker assuming he's over his injury and one of the Teklahaimanot/Meintjes/Kudus trio.