The Live Music Thread

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Went to see Mikelangelo ( "The Balkan Elvis") last night at the Northcote Theatre. It was his Nick Cave/ Leonard Cohen / Tom Waits show. Fuckin' brilliant!

Try to imagine that anyone could ever do Red Right Hand solo, with acoustic guitar. Well Mr. Mikelangelo did it - an absolute standout!

Molly and I both say - "Do yourselves a favour"!

Advanced advice for old ppl ... jeff duff will do "Bowie Unzipped" soon at the same venue ...

If you happen to like CW Stoneking, he's on there soon too ... brilliant venue ...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
If anyone is into live tunes, The Riverboats Festival is a must to check out. Amongst the River Red Gums and very relaxing surroundings all the while sucking some frothies is the place to be. Goes for 3 days and has back to back Oz music for all tastes. I'll be working there again this year and love doing it so if your into Oz tunes and kicking back mark my words you wont be disappointed.

P.S. Pros CW Stoneking is playing this year.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Saw CW at Northcote not so long ago. Bull girls and Kelly girls doing backing vocals. Great to have such a professional line up.

Out to Caravan Club last night for Steve Cummings backed by Sean O'Meara, Rebecca Barnard, Lucky Luscombe, James Black. Fantastic!

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Do yourself a favour and check out The Mason Rack Band bloody sesational performer's. Claude Hay, Blues Mountain, Catfish Voodoo and Lachy Doley Group bloody awesome too! So many to name, the Winter Blues Festival is one of the best this year.

Reactions: Prospector