The Gaz predicament........

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Worthy of a thread of it's own considering the extent of ownership and his overall impact on the competition.

What are you doing with him?

Even if he does play, is he worth keeping? We all saw what happened last time he copped a shoulder injury. Scoring fell off a cliff and lost plenty of cash.

Thinking it's time to go. Hello Lachie Neale.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Worthy of a thread of it's own considering the extent of ownership and his overall impact on the competition.

What are you doing with him?

Even if he does play, is he worth keeping? We all saw what happened last time he copped a shoulder injury. Scoring fell off a cliff and lost plenty of cash.

Thinking it's time to go. Hello Lachie Neale.

Depends on the diagnosis. As we know they take it easy with Gaz, any more than 3 weeks and I'll send him packing. Liking my bench cover Clay Smith atm so I'm prepared to hold for a few.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Tricky call. We do know that he struggles to play through pain. Even if the best case scenario is 2 weeks if he still has pain he'll underperform. We've also seen how he has been a bit reluctant to throw his body into contests when his shoulder isn't 100%. The Suns only have pride to play for this season too.

I do have good cover with Crouch going well on the bench. Also have Suckling/Hickey on the bench up forward so can swing someone from there to cover.

The risk is he comes back and struggles and with a BE of 195 his price with drop like a stone and you've also held him when he's not playing.

For me, I don't have Pendles or Hanners so a straight sideways to one of them is a no-brainer. If you were going to a lower premium like Neale or Parker I'd be more reluctant to burn the trade if it's only 2 weeks and you are very low on trades.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
For me it doesnt depend on the diagnosis, he is out as you dont want to field him and get a knock in the first quarter and your captain gets 2!!

GAJ and Liba out for me and Pendles and Neale in.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I haven't seen anything official but apparently Gaz is "hopeful" of being back in 2-3 weeks.

My thinking : if you need league wins or are focussed on overall, trade. If you're comfortable in leagues or have 4 or less trades, hold.

I think I'll trade. Keeping one up my sleeve for Wells too.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Ok ignore all that. Confirmed on GC Twitter that he will have surgery and miss the rest of the year.

Welcome to the Awesomeness Bont!

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Gaz out for the season. Reported on the GC website.

At least it's a definitive result...

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Think we are all thinking along the same lines, I'd be happy to hold if I knew he'd be 100% right for SC finals but I have no confidence at this stage that he'll even be playing.

I believe a sideways trade to Pendles will cost me about 20K, It just makes sense.

Reactions: captainchardonnay

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Pendles I think.

Was tossing up on bringing him in last week. Would of left me with zero cash. The $75k I saved with Hanners gives me flexibility to pick who I want. Cash is king.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm feeling the same way about Neale! Most midfields will now have at least 6 or 7 common players I reckon.

Yeah I think that's something I've learnt this season is try and start with more super-premiums, you can pick up pods easy over the course of the season.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Crunched the numbers last night on the GAz replacement, God rest his soul.

I discovered some interesting numbers last night when crunching Pendleburys 2016 year, and I was astounded.

His average versus current top 8 sides was around the 109, which is right up there I gotta say but his pricing at 606 may be excessive but not too shabby I must say. It appears that his big number games were predominantly against struggling sides, not too dissimilar to Lachie Neale who has a similar record in 2016.

I do not have either but was contemplating the move until I saw Collingwood's draw which involves playing 5 of the current top 8 out of their 7 remaining games. Based upon form and If you want consistency, he's your man, if you are after the odd 130 plus efforts, there are others available that may give a better POD.

For example....... there is one team in the 8 based west of Melbourne who play 5 of last 7 games at home where this midfielder (11% of teams) averages 118.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Crunched the numbers last night on the GAz replacement, God rest his soul.

I discovered some interesting numbers last night when crunching Pendleburys 2016 year, and I was astounded.

His average versus current top 8 sides was around the 109, which is right up there I gotta say but his pricing at 606 may be excessive but not too shabby I must say. It appears that his big number games were predominantly against struggling sides, not too dissimilar to Lachie Neale who has a similar record in 2016.

I do not have either but was contemplating the move until I saw Collingwood's draw which involves playing 5 of the current top 8 out of their 7 remaining games. Based upon form and If you want consistency, he's your man, if you are after the odd 130 plus efforts, there are others available that may give a better POD.

For example....... there is one team in the 8 based west of Melbourne who play 5 of last 7 games at home where this midfielder (11% of teams) averages 118.

and his name rhymes with glory