The Finals Countdown....

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
So how's it going for you?

I know it's not quite the end of the round but I am pretty much locked in for one GF but likely to miss on my other comp.

This round I must say I was feeling pretty pumped. My projected scores were looking good. Some cash, a few rookies available and 4 trades left - happy days!

I also noted that I had a few POD's premos that were looking good against my opponent (Danger & Haynes already) and, with some SC skill and trickery, at last I was finally able to get Lachie Neale into my team (trading out Josh Kennedy in the process to get him - a good upgrade methinks!).

Scores: Kennedy = 127, Neale = 55 - DOH!!!

Just another round of the SuperCoach 2020 Roller Coaster I guess. ;-)

So with one game to play, the difference comes down to Hugh Greenwood. If Hugh gets 75+ I'm cooked. 74 or less then I sneak into the GF.

So it is with a heavy heart I say "Carn' Pies!!!"

Reactions: Bombers56

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
No Gawn or Neale for me, both traded through the last month. Capt Grundy to go and also Greenwood tonight.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hi all. Hope you are doing well.

Lucky enough to scrape into a GF this week but like many I have the DOC injury challenge. 2 trades available but only $10k cash.

DEF Bench is currently Rivers & Bailey Williams (named to play tonight). Also have Draper on RUC bench.

Not sure if I should swing Williams into Draper to Rookie and generate extra cash and then upgrade DOC to Luke Ryan or perhaps just side swap/downgrade DOC to someone (eg: Houston or Rookie) and then try to convert Draper into a better options either FWD or MID.

Can we trust Rivers to be sufficient DEF bench cover and go harder on MID or FWD upgrades?

I have Xerri FWD so could swing him into Draper, then generate some cash too but the risk is I don't have bench cover in Ruck or FWD then.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

upload_2020-9-17_13-22-57.png

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I hope you all did well in your respective GF's.

My SC2020 is done and dusted (unless of course tonight Grundy can score 80+ more than Gray, Wines & Dixon combined ;-)

Been a tough couple of weeks. This week was looking good based on projections but the SC Gods soundly kicked me in the balls!
Key POD's I had against my opponent this week included:
Cripps 25 vs Gaff 123
Haynes 34 vs Starcevic 110 (are you serious!!!)
Macrae 85 vs Steele 149
Ridley 64 vs Rich 148

Opponent also had rookies Riccardi & Williamson on field who scored more than a number of my "Premos".

Anyway, could be worse I guess. At the end of the day it's just a game and I'm not in an emergency ward or aged care facility dealing with COVID.

Big call out to Marcus, FB Donkey, Faz, CJ and all the others who contribute to this awesome community. It has kept me going this year.

Looking forward to hopefully a more normal SC 2021...

Keep safe.