SuperCoach 2017 positions

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Seems early whispers in regards to Jobe and playing the majority of game in the fowards line are true. With the velvet hammer hinting that thats wht will be happening.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Starting to get into the p/s obsession once again and really excited for this season. A few bad trades really cost me last year however im training the house down and expect to win it in 2017.

Especially like the new rules in regards 3rd man up. Could this result in an across the board score increase for the top tier Rucks and perhaps a small decline in scoring from some of the taller mids?

Reactions: cactus

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Especially like the new rules in regards 3rd man up. Could this result in an across the board score increase for the top tier Rucks and perhaps a small decline in scoring from some of the taller mids?
Does anyone know if CData plan to do an analysis on this? I think it will easily make rucks go topsy turvy again!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
It will definitely help the tap ruckman that's for sure.
I'm going to be watching Sandi closely now.

And in more ruck news Daw is out after undergoing surgery on his knee, does this make Goldy a lock??

Reactions: tiltraise

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
It will definitely help the tap ruckman that's for sure.
I'm going to be watching Sandi closely now.

And in more ruck news Daw is out after undergoing surgery on his knee, does this make Goldy a lock??

That does improve his Goldy lock chances for sure.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
does this make Goldy a lock??
No more than before, imo. He was good last year, should keep it up. However, I think there may be better value around. (Pls. don't screw me again, Brisbane coach). Paddy Rider high on my list ...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
No more than before, imo. He was good last year, should keep it up. However, I think there may be better value around. (Pls. don't screw me again, Brisbane coach). Paddy Rider high on my list ...
Yes I'm very intersted in seeing how Patrick goes during PS, i can see him and Grundy/Sandy in my rucks.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Away from the North Rucks I'll be interested how Brown os used maybe another to watch early.

Brown has been managed through the p/s thus far doing less running and more bike work than the others (im a North fan) however with Daw going down 99% chance he will resume his previous pinch hitting roll.

Pruess had a very promising 2016 with Weribee, was rewarded with promotion to the senior list and has had an outstanding p/s however he lacks flexibility to play anywhere other than Ruck thus he is unlikely to play unless Goldy is sore or injured.

North's forward structure was looking likely to include 4 talls (Brown,Waite,Daw + Wood) which was too top heavy for mine however Daw's injury changes the balance and does help the likes of Garner + Turner who were both injured nearly all of 2016 but have had solid p/s thus far.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Brown has been managed through the p/s thus far doing less running and more bike work than the others (im a North fan) however with Daw going down 99% chance he will resume his previous pinch hitting roll.

Pruess had a very promising 2016 with Weribee, was rewarded with promotion to the senior list and has had an outstanding p/s however he lacks flexibility to play anywhere other than Ruck thus he is unlikely to play unless Goldy is sore or injured.

North's forward structure was looking likely to include 4 talls (Brown,Waite,Daw + Wood) which was too top heavy for mine however Daw's injury changes the balance and does help the likes of Garner + Turner who were both injured nearly all of 2016 but have had solid p/s thus far.
I'm liking Turner and Wood high on the watch list.

Reactions: tiltraise

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Wood is a massive watch for me, @ 421k he's long odds to land in my starting team but I really loved what he was putting together last season, love with how North set up he'll get a flanker defending him a lot of time which will give him cheap contested marks, he tackles & kicks goals. A lot to like.

Jan 28, 2017
Wood is a massive watch for me, @ 421k he's long odds to land in my starting team but I really loved what he was putting together last season, love with how North set up he'll get a flanker defending him a lot of time which will give him cheap contested marks, he tackles & kicks goals. A lot to like.
Woods and mr hrovat are on my watchlist cause someone's gotta step up with no more wells, Harvey and dal