Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Evidently not "an underpriced R/F assuming a #1 ruck role who should average 80", then ...

I suppose it depends on what happens at the end of the year. I still reckon Leuenberger is a better genuine ruckman than Martin, even though Martin has had a big impact in the role.

With the sub rule going next year it will be interesting to see what teams do with regards to second rucks and whether it affects the scoring of the primary ruck choice. With no sub it might be more feasible to play two rucks simply as rucks rather than one part-timing.

Leuenberger isn't well suited to part-timing in other roles and is best when he gets the ruck full-time rather than sharing it. I'd hate to lose him but would wish him well if he got an offer to be the main man elsewhere.

I think he could go well at Sydney, Western Bulldogs or Essendon.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Get Leuey?

I actually heard a rumour about that the other day but would be very surprised if it was true, given the number of options they have for the role (despite the injuries - and it's not as if Leuey hasn't been an injury concern either!).

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Dogs won't be getting another ruck I don't think, we don't even play Minson as it is... and when we do play him Bevo subs out big players, with sub looking to be gone I doubt he'll look at getting another ruckman, will probably play even less tall players

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Dogs won't be getting another ruck I don't think, we don't even play Minson as it is... and when we do play him Bevo subs out big players, with sub looking to be gone I doubt he'll look at getting another ruckman, will probably play even less tall players

I think the writing is on the wall for Minson, because he now seems to have been out of favour for two coaches. Cordy and Campbell probably just aren't up to it. I think if there was a better option, the Bulldogs would have to consider it, unless they feel that Roughead is a long-term option (in which case, Minson might survive to help the transition).

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I like Roughead as our mobile second ruck, but agree Minson is on his last legs and Cordy just isn't up to it, Campbell might be in time but not now. Wouldn't mind us throwing a reasonably big deal at Max Gawn or maybe even Zac Smith to help shore us up.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Surely Melbourne will make sure they retain M.Gawn. Also, he is probably a risky player to pay overs on to get him to a new club, given his injury history and only relatively short period of exposed top-level form. It'd be similar to Sydney plucking Mumford, but they were much more well-resourced to handle the fall-out of it going wrong.

Z.Smith would be a good get if he's available as he is talented and a great age for a selection of his type. It might depend on how sure GC are of Nicholls being able to handle the load and some of the other changes for 2016 that we've mentioned (e.g. no sub and the likelihood of GC losing Dixon). Gorringe wanted out from GC last year but they seemingly refused to trade him, from memory, but you'd think it would be harder to keep all three beyond this year. Gorringe might attract some interest again, but I think Smith would be the better of the two - Gorringe might be a cheaper get, though.

I think the likes of Minson, Jamar and possibly even Pyke could find themselves without a team at the end of the year. Jamar is probably finished, but there might be the chance of Minson and Pyke getting a chance elsewhere as mature-aged rookies.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
J.Redden of Port Adelaide might be another ruck who could be worth a look at another club. I get the impression he's probably talented enough, but won't get enough of a run at it with Lobbe and Ryder being a strong set-up.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Zac Clarke of Freo is reportedly keen to secure a better role elsewhere.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
J.Redden of Port Adelaide might be another ruck who could be worth a look at another club. I get the impression he's probably talented enough, but won't get enough of a run at it with Lobbe and Ryder being a strong set-up.
Did Trengove start out rucking a bit too?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I like Roughead as our mobile second ruck, but agree Minson is on his last legs and Cordy just isn't up to it, Campbell might be in time but not now. Wouldn't mind us throwing a reasonably big deal at Max Gawn or maybe even Zac Smith to help shore us up.

Keep your hands of Gawn mate!
I'm sick of losing our good players.
Watched him on Sunday, and i like how he goes about it, and such a strong pack mark.

Reactions: J-Dog

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
What's the bet that Lumumba will totally bottom out and destroy D6 for those of us who have him, but get so cheap that he's a must-have starter next year?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Name the polly:

Very much in the tradition of agrarian populist politicians, he was a colorful figure, of whom it was said that "were he able to finish a sentence he could become dictator of Australia."