Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Any other soccer fans amongst us?

This is my first year of really getting into the sport and I cannot get enough. Have been watching a heap of EPL mainly, but also a lot of the qualifiers for WC/Euro's. A lot happening around the world right now. I've also been pretty into EPL fantasy this season, but it's definitely on the backburner now.

Payet's goal for France this morning was something else. One of the better set piece takers going right now, can't believe he still doesn't start for France. I suspect that may change by the start of the EURO's.

Also, this website is unreal for highlights packages/full replays which get uploaded as soon as an hour after a game finishes.

http://fullmatchesandshows.com/

Enjoy!

Reactions: writeoff

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
My soccer interest peaked years ago, but I totally get the love. Loving seeing Leicester and Spurs battle it out for the EPL title. Have followed since I was in Greece for '94 World Cup (it was in USA but was on TV EVERYWHERE as it was Greece's first WC finals appearance) and have only ever seen Man U, Man City, Blackburn, Chelsea or Arsenal win it. Great to see someone new have a win.

Have been to a couple of A League games at AAMI Park and really enjoyed going to see something different. $20 gets you nice and close to the action which is pretty cool.

I've always wondered how fantasy soccer is scored. Do all defenders score points for a clean sheet? What about a striker who doesn't score but has a couple of shots on target?

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
I'm still yet to get to an A-League game! Was planning on checking out City's game last weekend but couldn't be assed by the time Monday night rolled around.

EPL Fantasy is great, basically you have 1 goalkeeper (another on the pine), 3 defenders (another two on the pine), 4 midfielders (1 on the pine) and 3 strikers. From there you can alter your formation to either play an extra defender or an extra midfielder (in place of the third striker).

Every player gets 2 points for playing anything over 75 minutes, and from there defenders get an extra 4 points for a clean sheet, 8 if they happen to score a goal and 3 points for an assist.

Should get stuck into it next year @keffa.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
just arrived home last night. after being at both WCQ, planning will commence for the next trip once the draw for the next round is completed in April. Do a little bit of EPL fantasy and tipping. AFL is my off season you could say, as Football does not have an off season.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Back before kids when we had disposable income, I used to go to a few Victory games a year and always loved it. Haven't been for a few years but I can only imagine it being a better experience these days. Have followed Victory since day one of the A league, and follow Chelsea in the EPL. I wouldn't say I'm a soccer nut or anything, only ever had a passing interest in it until about 2004. Started to take a bit more seriously and then the WCQ in 2005 against Uruguay got me into the game for good. I definitely pay more interest to the A League than anything else. Great to see Leicester up there in the EPL though. Being a Chelsea man means anyone other than United or City winning it is a good thing.

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
I'm a huge football fan (soccer to you plebs).
If given a choice of four consecutive AFL premierships for my team (the Crows) or Australia winning the men's World Cup I would choose the World Cup in a heart beat.
Most memorable games I have been to were the WC qualifier in Sydney in 2005 against Uruguay; and the four WC games in Germany in 2006.
Really regret not going to Rio in 2014 but had uni commitments.

My favourite club competition is the European Champion's league. I support Barcelona.

The A-League looks really interesting this season with Brisbane Roar, Adelaide United (c'mon you Reds), Melbourne City and the West Sydney Wanderers all vying for the Premiers' Plate.
Who knows how the finals will pan out?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm a huge football fan (soccer to you plebs).
If given a choice of four consecutive AFL premierships for my team (the Crows) or Australia winning the men's World Cup I would choose the World Cup in a heart beat.
Most memorable games I have been to were the WC qualifier in Sydney in 2005 against Uruguay; and the four WC games in Germany in 2006.
Really regret not going to Rio in 2014 but had uni commitments.

My favourite club competition is the European Champion's league. I support Barcelona.

The A-League looks really interesting this season with Brisbane Roar, Adelaide United (c'mon you Reds), Melbourne City and the West Sydney Wanderers all vying for the Premiers' Plate.
Who knows how the finals will pan out?
Victory to win it from 6th.

Or not.

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
So now I have to barrack for Victory this afternoon.
Hoping for a 0-0 draw with the Roar.

#c'monuReds

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
So now I have to barrack for Victory this afternoon.
Hoping for a 0-0 draw with the Roar.

#c'monuReds
I hate that a Victory win leaves Adelaide top! It's in our best interests to win and try to set up an EF with City at Etihad. Otherwise the result wouldn't matter so much and I'm sure Musky would be happy to throw the game ;)