Sloan - Heeney

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Looks like Sloan could be in some strife, first a calf now to have scans on his cheekbone. 2 stinky weeks you'd rather forget scoring wise that's for sure. But also could mean that he will be out for a few now if scans come back not in his favor. He had a massive BE 215 scored just 75 of those.

Heeney comes back from a slight ankle injury only to do a knee, early reports say 4-6 weeks. Be of 36 scored 45 which is somewhat a positive for $.

Can this year get any better?

Heeney will go this week, his injury although bad for him, hasn't happened for us at a bad time.

Sloan though could be a different story, starting to think this isn't his year and with a niggling calf, a head knock and now a suspected busted cheek bone, his days maybe numbered also!

Reactions: Hungry Hawk

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Sloane owners must be tearing their hair out. So much bad luck in such a short time.

Keeping heeney for another week just gave us more options imo. I'm thinking a move down to McKenzie to open up some dpp down back. Also not ready to ditch any defence rookies yet and still don't trust any "premium" defenders.

Reactions: doddy2731

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Sloane owners must be tearing their hair out. So much bad luck in such a short time.

Keeping heeney for another week just gave us more options imo. I'm thinking a move down to McKenzie to open up some dpp down back. Also not ready to ditch any defence rookies yet and still don't trust any "premium" defenders.

Sloane owners tearing their hair out - until last night try being a bloody L Parker owner. 35 touches to 3/4 time first game, 100 pts, My VC, grinning like a Cheshire cat, then bloody buddy knocks him out and thats it. Until last night hadn't put up a ton and was making me question him, me and not sidewaying a premium. Anyway, hes back.

As for Sloane at least he had the score on the board over the first few rounds and gave you a leg up if you had him. Don't think he will be a good upgrade (fallen prem) target due to the following - 1. fair chance rockliff going to be available round same time for less price, 2. Adelaide have the r11 bye so wouldn't be bringing him in before then as if he misses two thats round 7&8 and then you get him first up rusty for Round 9 with a huge b/e against Freo, the R10 against the mighty blues who could run him into form if he didn't have the bye the following week. I'm leaving him as the Sloane Ranger I think, not for my team.

As for Heeney - instead of having JPK and sitting Heeney on the pine I had him, on the ground like just about everyone else this week.
Mackenzie for me as well, makes cash, don't have to wait 4-6 weeks then another 5 for heeney to appreciate, Mackenzie will do that from his low base cost, offers the dpp which for me I hope I can utilise Saad into the mids after upgrades as swinging bench cover, assuming I don't need to off him for the cash.

Just my two cents.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Heeney will be out the door can't keep him now, don't know whether to go up or down?
With me bringing in a premo down back i'm thinking down but would love to updrade both Mids and Backs.

Also with us being drip fed rookies i may just find it hard to make more cash as the season rolls on. So it maybe a case of make cash now upgrade later!

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Heeney will be out the door can't keep him now, don't know whether to go up or down?
With me bringing in a premo down back i'm thinking down but would love to updrade both Mids and Backs.

Also with us being drip fed rookies i may just find it hard to make more cash as the season rolls on. So it maybe a case of make cash now upgrade later!

Rookies will come Doddy. Collingwood pantsed Friday night so soon Freeman, Scharenberg on way back from injury to debut, just had Glenn, Mackenzie, The Krak rnd 2. Injuries will occur, rookies will be promoted, lists will be drawn on, same as always. Don't stress if they all were playing now we would be shitty that they were all on the bubble together.

Can you do Heeney to Mitchell and Macintosh to Macdonald. Enough $?

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
I have Sloane and I'm backing him in if cheek prognosis comes back no more than 2 weeks out. Came back from calf, scored 76 sc in just over a half last night. Might need to be sticky taped together for next couple of weeks, but if cheek is not too bad, should be peachy after that.

Reactions: thejuddernaut

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Rookies will come Doddy. Collingwood pantsed Friday night so soon Freeman, Scharenberg on way back from injury to debut, just had Glenn, Mackenzie, The Krak rnd 2. Injuries will occur, rookies will be promoted, lists will be drawn on, same as always. Don't stress if they all were playing now we would be shitty that they were all on the bubble together.

Can you do Heeney to Mitchell and Macintosh to Macdonald. Enough $?

Yeah there's no dramas at the moment with coin, so those are doable, more so that to go up with both now wont leave me much after!

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Mitchell first because he's on the bubble but they have the hawks next week, macdonald could wait a week if you need a downgrade like mackenzie for cash.

Reactions: doddy2731

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
If I had hair, I would be pulling it out. So much bad luck.

Agree with Judder. Previous years we have worried when are the rookies coming through so we can downgrade. They always appear though.

I was looking at McIntosh to mcKenzie but that won't give me enough cash to go Heeney to Mitchell, so may have to look at using Hogan instead. With Glenn's poor score this week, he may still be gettable next week.

Dr Bones

Premiership Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Bayside, Melbourne
Titch does look like he's being given the freedom he always should have been. I was going to grab Sloane next week but may grab him instead.