Round 9 Discussion & Trades

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Libba might finally have to make way. Still struggling to see the obvious rookies coming through. Is R O’Brien done?

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Methinks it's the week to jump on Macrae.
For sure, he ain't going to get any cheaper. Personally I'm looking at Lloyd as even though he has a high breakeven he is only projected to lose 15K or so. It means I can move Scrimshaw/Duursma off field & gain approx. 40+ points.

Reactions: Centroprise

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Libba might finally have to make way. Still struggling to see the obvious rookies coming through. Is R O’Brien done?
I think it's worth keeping ROB until post-bye. He played the tag team of Ryder and Lycett.

It's Walsh I'm now thinking of moving on, contrary to previous postings. He's averaged 80 in his past three, has a 101BE and plays GWS next.
He may come good again, he may not. I don't know. But if I trade Parker->Stocker via DPPs I can afford Walsh-> J Kelly.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Probably. I forgot about the bye considerations, he should be handy for that.
His 123 cycles out after this week and the 66 just scored remains for the next 2.

Jacobs was listed as 2-3 weeks before the round just gone started, If he comes back in the next 1-2 weeks, then O'Brien's cash generation could effectively be done after this coming round (the week after is likely a negligible gain) and he may only have the 1 game left anyway, so his scoring could be done then also.

If he could keep his spot until byes that would probably help more than 99% of people that have him, currently it looks like he will fall 3-4 games short, unless the club plays him over Jacobs for a few more weeks.

Reactions: nawtay

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I only need ROB to last past rnd.13 when G and G have their byes. That's 5 more weeks.
Given Jacobs is returning from injury, and ROB is performing well, I would expect Jacobs to spend at least a week in the SANFL maybe more.
In fact, given how well ROB is performing and how poor Jacobs has been over the last year or so I think there is a good chance that Jacobs doesn't readily replace ROB.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I only need ROB to last past rnd.13 when G and G have their byes. That's 5 more weeks.
Given Jacobs is returning from injury, and ROB is performing well, I would expect Jacobs to spend at least a week in the SANFL maybe more.
In fact, given how well ROB is performing and how poor Jacobs has been over the last year or so I think there is a good chance that Jacobs doesn't readily replace ROB.
I don’t think Sauce spends more than 1 week in the two’s, but I think they might try playing them together

Reactions: Nicko

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I don’t think Sauce spends more than 1 week in the two’s, but I think they might try playing them together
Ideally for me (and all who have him) he plays till Rd 13, then I can get Mummy and O'Brien to Gawn + Cash and also having 2 rucks play each bye round which could be very handy, I just cant see him lasting more than a couple of weeks at best assuming Jacobs is fit in the next couple.

Considering Adelaide struggled with Jenkins playing who was then replaced with Himmelberg who is playing a role for them (and the team has been winning and looked better), I can't see there being room for O'Brien to remain unless they drop Himmelberg with O'Brien stepping into that role which I'm not sure is that feasible (I think Himmelberg is more athletic and suited to this role), but I certainly don't know enough about them to have any idea or if this is even correct lol.

It's not something to be stressing over just yet until it happens, I think there is a strong chance that O'Brien only has a game or 2 left in him, the moment he is dropped he pretty much needs to be culled as $400k sitting at R3 could be doing much more for you.

We'd all love to see Adelaide back him in until Rd 13, don't think its likely though, unless they think he can be better at Himmelberg's role?

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
I'm gonna swing Answerth down back and Bring in Docker for Scrimshaw and upgrade Libba to J Kelly. I brought in the Bont last week instead of Macrae, fingers crossed not having Macrae doesn't burn me too much!

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
360K. Looking at your best two trade ideas this week. Thanks in advance.
Laird, Sicily, Whitfield, D Moore, Duursma, Collins, (Clark, Answerth)
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Setterfield, Hayes, (Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)
Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Balta, Parker (Burgess, Corbett)

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
360K. Looking at your best two trade ideas this week. Thanks in advance.
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Setterfield, Hayes, (Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)

Seems like the most upside could be the MID line, could bring in a T Kelly/Dunkley (to swing FWD later) or J Kelly for Libba and then maybe have enough cash to upgrade D Moore to Lloyd?

Reactions: Prospector

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
What are peoples thoughts on the best mid this week? Sloane, Oliver, Kelly , Mundy?

I would love to get Neale but his BE is too high

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Sloane is interesting. Has a good bye and definitely a POD. Good value. My only concern with him is consistency - he tends to the odd bad run of scores every year that I can recall.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
What are peoples thoughts on the best mid this week? Sloane, Oliver, Kelly , Mundy?

I would love to get Neale but his BE is too high
My ranking: Oliver, Kelly, Sloane, Mundy.
Oliver: $568,000; 66BE - his basic stat.s have been good but his DE% poor until the last couple of weeks
J Kelly: $594,500; 83BE - should score well when he plays but he's already missed games through injury so can you trust him to play?
Sloane: $522,200; 61BE - very cheap; as @Orallus_Maximus says, history shows sequence of good scores followed by not so good - usually due to being tagged
Mundy: $569,000; 88BE - F/M so different to the others; on a good run now but can he continue - age 34, in 2018 he also had a good run followed by not so good

BUT:
I think you have to consider the byes. I'm bringing in Kelly because his rnd.14 bye suits my team the best.

Last edited:

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Still not really any news on whether Whitfield or M.Crouch will be fit to play.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Still not really any news on whether Whitfield or M.Crouch will be fit to play.
Whitfield likely according to Cameron:
"Whitfield trained fully on Sunday and Tuesday, and we expect him to get through today (and play)."
Mouch unlikely. According to Lee Gaskin (AFL.com reporter) he was "jogging and walking laps at training".

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Constable as a late in for Atkins would be nice for me.

Thinking Gibbons/Constable & Walsh to Kelly & Stocker/Hately (if playing...), slap the C on Kelly, VC Grundy

I'm happy with my trade situation (20 after this round), but I'm getting very concerned at cash generation.

If things go to plan (lol, no chance of that), 10 trades from that could get me 2 off full premo (including Heeney and Williams), but the cash for the final 2 could be tough, I really need a couple of decent rookies to pop up ASAP, still doesn't look like much on offer over the next couple of weeks.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
With teams released, thought I'd have a crack at some further trade options for my team. Thanks!
360K.
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)