Round 8 discussion

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Looking at the scores seems a big difference 1900-2350 in the top leagues.

Hoping 2170 is enough hold my spot.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Sure is but luckily for me i left him on field in the hope he got a late call up.
I did exactly the same thing. Noice :D

Got a nice score from Titch with the C as well.

Overall a decent week but my midfield was decimated on Thursday night so not a massive score. No donuts but a few low-scoring rookies on field kept me to 2068.

Reactions: doddy2731

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
1939 for me after such a promising start on Friday. With such average premo scores, crap rookies and Newman, this might be the week that finallg broke the back of my season. Too far back now to do any damage to an overall ranking or make finals in most of my leagues.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
I had to trade out Newman this week to get in Adams, Newman wasn't getting a game.

.... :(:(:(:(:(:(

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I had to trade out Newman this week to get in Adams, Newman wasn't getting a game.

.... :(:(:(:(:(:(
Oh no ... I was wondering if this had happened to anyone. Cruel game, but going early on Newman is one of the cruelest turn arounds in recent times ... probably since some people moved early on Cripps in his rookie year.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Another who traded Newman 2 weeks ago. BE of -20 and projected to increase another 100k over the next 2 weeks. I wish Horse would stop screwing us over.

Not the worst round yet not a WOW round either. 2106. Shaw continues to disappoint. Extremely happy with the debut of Heeney.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Was going to bring Shaw in when he bottomed out but I'll be holding off now ... seriously doubts about whether he'll reach genuine primo output this year. I'm feeling for everyone who started him because I thought he was a safe pick and I very nearly started him too.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Down to David Meyers is my first move this week (probably Butler down).

Then I have to start upgrading my FWDs and DEF ... but where to start.

I already have Dahl, Macrae and Nank and Ill target 3/4 of the following for the FWD line:
Yeo
Heaney
Tom Lynch (GCS) - after he bottoms out after this week
Greene
Mitch Wallis - if he looks OK once back playing firsts

Backline I still have no clue. I have Doch, Adams and Laird but who to bring in?
Roberton - looked good the last few weeks but apparently got tagged this week?
Lloyd - acceptable Backline output so far.
Simpson - maybe
Who else?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Down to David Meyers is my first move this week (probably Butler down).

Then I have to start upgrading my FWDs and DEF ... but where to start.

I already have Dahl, Macrae and Nank and Ill target 3/4 of the following for the FWD line:
Yeo
Heaney
Tom Lynch (GCS) - after he bottoms out after this week
Greene
Mitch Wallis - if he looks OK once back playing firsts

Backline I still have no clue. I have Doch, Adams and Laird but who to bring in?
Roberton - looked good the last few weeks but apparently got tagged this week?
Lloyd - acceptable Backline output so far.
Simpson - maybe
Who else?

I'd planned to get Lynch in R10 but with that shocker score yesterday he won't bottom out till R12 now, I might go early R11 just to have hime through all the byes,
I thinking of taking a punt on Greene this week but will depend of Rockliff diagnosis.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Overall a decent week but my midfield was decimated on Thursday night so not a massive score. No donuts but a few low-scoring rookies on field kept me to 2068.
So it turns out I could have scored 2160. Hannan was my F8 and I traded him up to Heeney. Guess who was still sitting at F8 instead of being on the field in place of Parsons :(

If I didn't laugh I'd cry....