Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Goldstein. VC. Libba. Corky.

At least the weekend has turned to shit by half time in the first game this week, rather than teasing me all the way through to Sunday before falling apart.

Crap game to watch + SC players spudding it = hell.

Reactions: cactus and TomCat

dtigani

May 12, 2015
IGoldstein 18 points at halftime. I thought I had the VC on him but just realized he's C. :(

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Dogs disposal has been atrocious. Kangas did many times as well, but nothing like the Dogs. It is a pretty ordinary visual game (actually looks very slippery at times), hopefully more free-flowing in the 2nd half.

Goldy just 18 at half-time. He's had a poor scoring record against the Dogs but still put the VC on him. Did consider Wells but went for safety. Danger as C it is then!!

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Disgusting from Goldy
Copped a knock the the shoulder very early apparently. He just didn't seem anywhere near it tonight. Now watch Max come out with a 180 tomorrow just to rub it in.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
It mightn't have been the game everyone was looking forward to but I'm estatic. Waite was bloody good again. Some of the marks he took were awesome.

Not such a good night for us coaches. Goldy just couldnt get into the game. Seemed he didn't have the amount of possessions he usually gets. Libba had another so so performance. Rethinking the Gray situation. Libba looks like being an upgrade so will probably have to hold Gray to conserve trades.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Waite was bloody good again. Some of the marks he took were awesome.

Career best form and clunking marks, it's like he had glue on his hands. The other part of his game i'm impressed with is his pressure and hunger for the ball. It's really hard to justify not picking him now, he looks good.

Reactions: Steve

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So what's everyone's thoughts on Libba?
Scores seem to trailing off, spending a lot of time in the FWRD line.
Just hit his BE this weekend, he may need to be moved on sooner rather than later.
Last 4 weeks, 82, 89, 95 & 70. He is averaging 95 atm but that is falling fast.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Just hit his BE this weekend, he may need to be moved on sooner rather than later.
He's my Weitering... Very last priority upgrade. But he will need to be moved on If this keeps up.

I was quietly impressed with 70 given he missed most of the 2nd qtr with his corky, and rested forward for most of the game after that. If it's a role change though, well that's different.

Reactions: alman

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Libba probably has the week off next week I reckon.

Couple things out of the game, If Hunter is going to be moved back to that Half back role from last season he'll go close to being a midfield keeper as backwards as that sounds, Wells had 13 touches at 87de% at Qrt time, finished on 27 at 66de%, basically had 7 effective disposals for the next 3 quarters IMO pretty lucky to knock out 100 let alone 122.

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
That midfield of the Dogs looks pretty good, so there is every chance that Libba coming back from that knee and now a corky could see him playing more in the forward line as well as the chance of being rested which is a high possibility now as Tevez17 has touched on.
That being said if he averages 95-100 will be good cover on the bench later in the year and great value for what we paid for.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Libba probably has the week off next week I reckon.

Couple things out of the game, If Hunter is going to be moved back to that Half back role from last season he'll go close to being a midfield keeper as backwards as that sounds, Wells had 13 touches at 87de% at Qrt time, finished on 27 at 66de%, basically had 7 effective disposals for the next 3 quarters IMO pretty lucky to knock out 100 let alone 122.
His massive 1st quarter coincided with Norf setting up their match-winning lead (12 points at q/t, 16 at full time). The assumption would be that most SC points would be weighted to that period of the game, thus his excellent score despite a (relatively) average last 3 quarters. Theoretically, Wells was the match winner, just that it was in the 1st quarter. We're probably more conditioned to expect that match winning performance to be late in the game. Sidebum probs had a similar scoring profile last week.

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Lets face it, the Dogs have had their easy part of the draw. The win over Freo no longer counts as a good win as Freo are 0-5. They have only beat Lions, Blues and Saints.

A BE of 94 against the Crows might be a bit high but i think with the high rotation with the dogs mids he will make the 94 BE.

He will be one of the later trade ups for me if required

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Career best form and clunking marks, it's like he had glue on his hands. The other part of his game i'm impressed with is his pressure and hunger for the ball. It's really hard to justify not picking him now, he looks good.

Just don't think his disposal count is good enough to save the games he doesn't kick 1+ goals, I certainly wont be getting him in but I think if you were one that got him in on the bubble well done to you, I think next season I'll take a close look at the draw and try an find a KPF that I think is under priced and start with them, I'd pretty happy if i started with any of Buddy, Lynch, Riewoldt or Kennedy let alone Waite.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
laird might be out for a couple weeks with an ankle injury,

Add Lobb to the above list.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Geez Weiters looks to have bit the dust now too. Poor kid. Hopefully its not too serious.