Round 5 - Highmore and other defensive disasters...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hi all.

Like many I am afflicted with Daniels, Highmore & Kosi in the back line.

I'm not sure if I should hold trades and swallow a possible donut (assuming Kosi not named) or trade:
- Go early on Lachie Jones (trade Highmore out); or
- Side swap Daniels into a premo DEF (perhaps Stewart - seems decent value).

I actually have just enough cash to go Daniels to Ridley but don't really want to buy at his high price.

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Reactions: Bombers56

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hi all.

I'm not sure if I should hold trades and swallow a possible donut (assuming Kosi not named) or trade:

I actually have just enough cash to go Daniels to Ridley but don't really want to buy at his high price.

Cheers
Not an easy decision, particularly with having no real indication as to whether Kozi will play.
Have you listened to the pod. They talk about what to do with Daniel.
Me - I try not to trade out premiums if I can help it. I'm prepared to take the donut.
But it depends on a couple of factors:
how many trades have you made
has Daniel just started slowly or is there more to it than that
do you think that Duryea and Dale are the reason why Daniel's scoring isn't what it might be
if not Ridley would you be happy going to someone else, e.g. to CJ and make $68K, or spend $36K to get Bowes

Just a few thoughts.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Not an easy decision, particularly with having no real indication as to whether Kozi will play.
Have you listened to the pod. They talk about what to do with Daniel.
Me - I try not to trade out premiums if I can help it. I'm prepared to take the donut.
But it depends on a couple of factors:
how many trades have you made
has Daniel just started slowly or is there more to it than that
do you think that Duryea and Dale are the reason why Daniel's scoring isn't what it might be
if not Ridley would you be happy going to someone else, e.g. to CJ and make $68K, or spend $36K to get Bowes

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks - always great to get the insights of the community...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Hi all.

Cheers

I'm throwing Caleb in the bin.
I don't see him averaging Premo numbers this season.
The Dogs a aren't looking for him like have in the past, with a number of running outlets down there now.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Hi all.

Cheers
I would be trading him, he has not been scoring well. Ridley is expensive but boy is he scoring. Perhaps Bowes if you don't want to spend so much. I believe he will end up top 8.

Reactions: Prospector

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Guys, anyone realising that Flynn wasn't named? And the rumours of Meek being dropped?

What are we going to do? lol.

For me i can either trade Meek to Treacy or go for a B. Campbell to Waterman downgrade and Meek to Hickey upgrade. What do we think?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Guys, anyone realising that Flynn wasn't named? And the rumours of Meek being dropped?

For me i can either trade Meek to Treacy or go for a B. Campbell to Waterman downgrade and Meek to Hickey upgrade. What do we think?
I'm going Meek -> Hickey.
Not that I'd recommend such a trade for anyone else. It could go horribly wrong.

At least I already have the cash to do so. I don't need to downgrade.

Some hours later:
Had an afternoon nap and woke up too late to do Meek->Hickey. Damn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015

I am lucky that I started Gawn + Grundy, but if I was in your situation I would be looking seriously at Hickey. I would be holding Campbell if you can, he has plenty of cash to make.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Honestly, I think if i trade Meek to Hickey, then to Gawn... that is too many trades in the rucks. Im using my money on an upgrade with the view to upgrade that player to Gawn later, not ideal. i think i will go Meek to Treacy, get the upgrade cash and then use that for an upgrade where the player that i trade in will stay in my team, pending injury.

Treacy could score a 30 and make the trade look stupid though....

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Oh well. That just destroyed my week. Had Dow as Captain (for Macrae loophole). I just heard Dow has been named sub..... locked out before I could go an change FFS

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Ahh that sucks mate...

Worst possible case now I think about - crap C score plus Dow will drop in price...ahhhh!

Wish teams had to name their sub when they name the team (or name teams more than 24 hours before the game).

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Worst possible case now I think about - crap C score plus Dow will drop in price...ahhhh!

Wish teams had to name their sub when they name the team (or name teams more than 24 hours before the game).

Woohoo! Dow wasn’t subbed on so therefore considered to have not played = I get Macrae’s VC score - you little bloody ripper! Man that is so lucky!

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Honestly, I think if i trade Meek to Hickey, then to Gawn... that is too many trades in the rucks. Im using my money on an upgrade with the view to upgrade that player to Gawn later, not ideal. i think i will go Meek to Treacy, get the upgrade cash and then use that for an upgrade where the player that i trade in will stay in my team, pending injury.

Treacy could score a 30 and make the trade look stupid though....
Note: Didn't make the trade early and then life got in the way and made no ruck trades. This meant i missed on Hickey's injury and Meeks 15 or whatever he scored. So im kinda happy about that haha.