Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Four rounds to go and this week I'm using my last trade to do a final upgrade: Logue->Rich.
I'd rather bring in Houli but I'm $1,700 short and Rich is the next best defender not already in my team.
I know leaving myself with no trades is a bit of a risk but I've got reasonable cover: Answerth; Clarke, Hately and Bewley; Chol. Plus both M/F and F/R cover.
My main concern, points-wise, is how long Hurn and Kelly will tale to return. Hurn looks likely for this week but Kelly is still at least a week away.

How are others doing? All upgraded? Carrying injured players?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Ryan to Houli for me, looked at Rich and although their next 2 a pretty favourable the last 2 are tough.
Stewart also another I lloked at but Houli at the G was just to tempting.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Ryan to Houli for me, looked at Rich and although their next 2 a pretty favourable the last 2 are tough.
Stewart also another I lloked at but Houli at the G was just to tempting.
I think Houli is the pick of them, too, but I can't afford him.
All his remaining games are at the G where he has played 8 games this year: 112, 142, 102, 142, 93, 104, 111, 102 = 113.5 average. That's a Lloyd-like record.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
I think Houli is the pick of them, too, but I can't afford him.
All his remaining games are at the G where he has played 8 games this year: 112, 142, 102, 142, 93, 104, 111, 102 = 113.5 average. That's a Lloyd-like record.

That form at the G was not something I though of, I am now sold on Houli over Stewart on the run home. Stewart has also played all 18 games so far so I wonder if there is a chance he could be rested? There is strong competition for spots down back so they could give someone else a chance to slot in along side him come finals time.

For my last FWD position I am deciding between Greene or T Lynch (Rich). KPP or a player who has a strong chance to burn me. Both have a fair probability of burning me but maybe Lynch is the safer bet?

Edit: I also have J Cameron so two KPP could make or break my finals campaign....

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
That form at the G was not something I though of, I am now sold on Houli over Stewart on the run home. Stewart has also played all 18 games so far so I wonder if there is a chance he could be rested? There is strong competition for spots down back so they could give someone else a chance to slot in along side him come finals time.

For my last FWD position I am deciding between Greene or T Lynch (Rich). KPP or a player who has a strong chance to burn me. Both have a fair probability of burning me but maybe Lynch is the safer bet?

Edit: I also have J Cameron so two KPP could make or break my finals campaign....

If it was between Greene and Lynch I'd personally lean toward Greene.
He seems to have cleaned up his act now he is a senior member of the team, also running through the midfield on the run home is very tempting and a lucrative role for him.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

That's a tough one. I think there are good arguments for taking either.
Lynch:
he's kicking goals and getting a lot of the ball - 3,3 and 5 goals and 18, 19 and 16 possies - since JRoo returned; the Tigers have 2 relatively easy games (Melb and Carlton) followed by 2 relatively hard (WC and Brisbane).
But, while KPFs don't have to burn you they can be up and down and one bad finals week is always a possibility
Greene:
since Cogs was injured his stat.s look good: CBA - 14, 15 and 12; possies - 34, 27 and 30; tackles - 6, 4 and 6
I see him replacing Cogs rather than Kelly so even when Kelly returns his role shouldn't change.
He's been acting captain, too, and appears to have matured so I think the odds of a suspension are pretty low.
If you get that far, the final week GC match-up looks quite juicy.
But, his injury history is poor and he may miss a game.

Basically, I think it's a gut call. It could come down to money: Greene is about $55,000 more than Lynch and you could need that extra.

Last edited:

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Was technically already at full premo but bringing Fyfe back in this week and throwing Dunkley forward. Leaves me just the one trade but have Worpel/Heeney as loophole or floating cover.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
For anyone who's looking for bottom priced rookies - Jason Carter Freo - $102k MID/DEF has been named on the bench...Ross the Boss will no doubt screw us all over but even if it's just to downgrade mid bench to get more cash...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I have 2 trades left. $101k cash.

Would like to upgrade Walsh in the MID's to a "premo". Plenty of bench cover across all lines this week.

DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Crisp, Laird, Sicily, Andrews, [Logue, Burgess]
MID: Macrae, Fyfe, Neale, Oliver, Cripps, Sloane, Heeney, Walsh [Clarke, Baker, Bewley]
RUC: Grundy, Gawn [Bines]
FWD: Danger, Billings, Kelly, Gray, J Cameron, Westhoff [Chol, Hill]

Ideally would like to go to Dunkley but would need two trades to do it and would prefer to keep 1 trade if possible for injury.

Looking at recent averages, best MIDs are Mitch Duncan, Dom Sheed, and Taranto look like the best options in the price range < $535k

Could perhaps swing M/F into Mids and go for a Greene/Hawkins/Lynch up forward instead?

Any thoughts?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I'd be considering Greene from those. Caleb Daniel looks like he's back in good form.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I like Greene, too. Or perhaps Lynch if you want to save the cash.
If you wanted to go for a real POD, have you thought of Prestia?
Only averaging 97.3 for the season but his post-bye scores are good: 94, 125, 104, 97, 128 = 109.6av. That's the highest 5-rnd average of any mid under $540,00.
His CBA over the last 3 weeks: 17, 21 and 21. More than any other Tiger and unlikely to change with Cotchin out.

fwiw I brought in Greene because, believe it or not, I trust him more than the alternatives.

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
News overnight that Jeremy Cameron is out with calf “tightness”. Given it’s GWS and the wouldn’t want to risk him I could see this easily being a 2 week lay off. Thinking swap to Greene, Lynch or perhaps Hawkins.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
News overnight that Jeremy Cameron is out with calf “tightness”. Given it’s GWS and the wouldn’t want to risk him I could see this easily being a 2 week lay off. Thinking swap to Greene, Lynch or perhaps Hawkins.
Yeah, I think a trade is necessary if you have enough, given the injury history at GWS this year. They seem unwilling to bring a player back unless they are absolutely sure that player is good to go. Cameron might not even make it back before the finals.
Makes sense. They're guaranteed to make the finals with a decent chance at a top-4 spot so they would want to make sure they have their best available for the finals.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
@Orallus_Maximus
Did you bring in Greene?

No unfortunately. I decided to go with Hawkins (cheap) so I could have extra cash to upgrade Walsh in mid field. In the end it has cost me.

Hawkins was on 80 about 5 mins into 3rd quarter so was looking promising - he only got another 7 points for the rest of the game :-(

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Greene really was the one, with that roll he has it is a points fest.
I was seriously thinking of going Gray to Greene but didn't, only missed 20 odd so not to bad. (this time)

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
It's going to be close in my cash league, do I take Gawns 134 or do I roll the dice with Grundy considering my opponent hasn't made the switch yet. At this stage we both have the C on Grundy. He has Rich to come in from the bench.

https://cl.ly/25f6f6906985

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
big thanks to all on this thread! I had Stewart and T Lynch as my trade ins but after some advice here I swapped to Greene and Houli and this was more than enough to get me over the line in my cash league.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
big thanks to all on this thread! I had Stewart and T Lynch as my trade ins but after some advice here I swapped to Greene and Houli and this was more than enough to get me over the line in my cash league.
Well done. A couple of 130+ scores never hurts, does it?