Round 18 Trades

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Barlow done for 2016 will need to be moved on, I have a spot in my midfield as I have been playing Hall as a Mid, can afford anyone. I have Danger, Hanners, Pendles, Neale, Sidebottom, Gray and Rocky.

Quite a few tempt me, Selwood? Bont? Sloane? Ward? Steven? Even possibly Coniglio as a massive POD? he's been killing it!

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Looking through the fwds for a Barlow replacement and nothing excites me too much. I already have Dusty, Merrett, Montagna, Zorko and Wells.

The guys I am looking at are Gunston, Westhoff, Lynch (Crows). Gunston probably leading the way. Any ideas from the knowledgable folk on here.

Dahl should be back soon. Might be better waiting for him.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Looking through the fwds for a Barlow replacement and nothing excites me too much. I already have Dusty, Merrett, Montagna, Zorko and Wells.

The guys I am looking at are Gunston, Westhoff, Lynch (Crows). Gunston probably leading the way. Any ideas from the knowledgable folk on here.

Waiting for Dahl sounds good if you're all good in your leagues.

Have you looked at Lynch (Suns) though? 3 game average of 103, soft run home with a few Metricon games. Well priced. Id be tempted if I needed to trade up forward.

Reactions: Back2theFuture

rickjames7

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Ballarat

Haven't considered Buddy or Wingard?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Waiting for Dahl sounds good if you're all good in your leagues.

Have you looked at Lynch (Suns) though? 3 game average of 103, soft run home with a few Metricon games. Well priced. Id be tempted if I needed to trade up forward.
I got Lynch in 3 weeks ago and have been rapt with his output... Looking like being my best trade in of the year, that was for $80k less than what he is now though... So yeah everyone should definitely steer clear as he is overpriced now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Yeah I have looked at Buddy and Lynch closely. Haven't totally dismissed them, but I just thought preferred the other guys more. May need to review. WIngard doesn't do a lot for me. Maybe it's my dislike for Port.

I have looked at the Suns run home and 2 of their 3 games at Metricon at against GWS and Port so to the easiest opponents.

I am 2 games clear on top of my cash league so if Dahl looks like being back next rd 19, I may just wait. Hopefully the doggies will give some indication on when he is back soon.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah I have looked at Buddy and Lynch closely. Haven't totally dismissed them, but I just thought preferred the other guys more. May need to review. WIngard doesn't do a lot for me. Maybe it's my dislike for Port.

I have looked at the Suns run home and 2 of their 3 games at Metricon at against GWS and Port so to the easiest opponents.

I am 2 games clear on top of my cash league so if Dahl looks like being back next rd 19, I may just wait. Hopefully the doggies will give some indication on when he is back soon.
The injury list on the Herald Sun site today said 1-3 weeks for Dahl so not overly helpful really.

Reactions: Dino

rickjames7

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Ballarat
I would think if you are interested in a Suns player @Dino, then Hall would be considered as well as Lynch. If he can clean up his DE he has shown he can score with the best of them. Especially with guaranteed midfield time with the Suns injury list.

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
I'm in a relatively similar position to Dino, although I'm looking to trade Motlop up to a proper premium fwd. I don't have Zorko, so am looking to move onto him, unless anyone can think of another candidate?! For me, Buddy and Wingard don't sound too appealing based on what others have said. Could consider Lynch, but I was ruined by Hall earlier this year so am reluctant with Gold Coast players

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
I'm in a relatively similar position to Dino, although I'm looking to trade Motlop up to a proper premium fwd. I don't have Zorko, so am looking to move onto him, unless anyone can think of another candidate?! For me, Buddy and Wingard don't sound too appealing based on what others have said. Could consider Lynch, but I was ruined by Hall earlier this year so am reluctant with Gold Coast players

I have Motlop and watched his game closely over weekend, he's not that far away as his work rate has increased and he will be required in the coming weeks......I'm gonna preservers as he has proven he can go big earlier in year

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
I got Lynch in 3 weeks ago and have been rapt with his output... Looking like being my best trade in of the year, that was for $80k less than what he is now though... So yeah everyone should definitely steer clear as he is overpriced now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Got him 3 weeks ago too, his contested marking is killing it, I thought the supply would dry up but not so. It seems that the delivery not being as crisp from Ablett/Risch/Prestia has resulted in more pack/contested marks and he's the best going around clunking marks.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think it's to bigger a risk to go Motlop in your starting f6, great swing/loop option though at the price.

Reactions: Back2theFuture

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015

I too am interested in Westhoff this week as a POD. Power are fighting for a spot in that 8 so he will definitely need to firing in some huge clashes for the Power if they're to sneak in. Just not sure if he's consistent enough for mine (Pending if Lids plays in my situation). Will be tough, I don't have the Zork in my team so he will possibly come in for me the other one I'm liking is Jeremy Howe seems to be very consistent this season for the Pies.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I got the Hoff and Howe when they were close to $400k. They've both had their moments and were worthwhile purchases.
- Hoff has only scored tons this year in games Port have won. You'd think they might come home 3-3 so a 50-50 call. Depends on your thoughts on how Port will go.
- Howe's scoring relies heavily on his marks which stands out as being a lot lower his last 5 games. Hard to predict, but I think it might be teams paying him a bit of attention and not letting him intercept mark.

Happy with both in my team, but hard to recommend trading them in at this stage of the season, although the forward options look very thin.

I also have Tom Lynch (GC) and I'd probably suggest him over the other 2.

Reactions: Steve and Dino

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think that when Howe had his best games other than his most recent 120 one of Brown and Reid weren't playing, I think Collingwood are backing them to beat their opponents more than they were back Frost too.

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
I picked up Hoff when he was $405k in Rnd 8. He's averaged just under ~95 since I got him so I'm pretty happy with the return on the price I paid.
He has quarters where he goes missing (usually when Port go missing too) but he generally ticks along to get into that 75-90 range. He relies on those big 120 games to push his average up to 90+. Hope he has more of those games like on the weekend where goes big early and cashes in on scaling. Port have Lions, Melb and Suns as games they should win, and they'd be eager to beat the Giants or Crows too in games at AO to secure a finals berth. Hoping the Hoff can cash in!

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Barlow to Zac Merrett is the only trade i need to do but am also contemplating Rich to Laird

Both trades or just Barlow? 5 trades left