Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Two down and one to go! I hope everyone has done OK so far.
This week it looks like most teams should score well. With teams upgraded and able to field 20 or more there should be less of those pesky rookie scores counted.

After trades, I should be able to have 20 on field with 7 rookies but only Begley and Gardner as really poor scorers.
My "vc" and "c" options are pretty straightforward: Gawn v Darcy -> Grundy v English with nothing less than 130+ acceptable.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Anyone tempted by the "downgrade" of Walsh to Brayshaw ?

It would definitely help get a fully upgraded team with the lack of cash generation this season.

It pains me to have to move on some of these rookies in the low $200's so I could use the cash elsewhere.

I wonder if there will be a huge spike in viewing if/when Harley Bennell plays his first game back just from SC players?

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Thought I was looking at 18 playing before trades, having the VC on Cripps meant I overlooked his bye symbol!
Whitfield's bye symbol not showing also (assume his injury is preventing the bye symbol appearing for non premium users).

I'm considering B Crouch, Duursma and Gibbons to Macrae, Sloane & Hayden ($102k Fwd.Mid rookie to save cash and may get a game).
I know Sloane has the bye, but he is the obvious target for next week anyway so may give me more trade flexibility then. Hopefully this gives me 18 on field. This increases my bank slightly to $208k

Perhaps Treloar is a decent option to help save cash and finish off my mids the week after (upgrading Butters), could be sub $500k and no Beams in the team (although Adams is due back soon). Has a decent average held back mainly due to 1 bad game, $60k+ cheaper than some options. Cunnington will likely be dropping a bit over his next 2 games (+ bye this week) also due to the De Boer tag.

No idea how I'll get Answerth to Hurn and Mummy to Gawn though, my rookies ain't making much money! I would have 8 trades to do this, hoping to save a few for cover in the run home though.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
It would definitely help get a fully upgraded team with the lack of cash generation this season.

It pains me to have to move on some of these rookies in the low $200's so I could use the cash elsewhere.

I wonder if there will be a huge spike in viewing if/when Harley Bennell plays his first game back just from SC players?
Bennel perhaps a wildcard but it's getting too late in the season to be useful for most I think.

$167.7k, Mid, could be some quick cash generation but may be too late to be useful, its a bit of an awkward price point, realistically has to get close to $300k to be useful for most, even if he plays this week, $300k won't be happening till possibly Rd19 at the earliest and that is hoping that things go well. Could be useful bench cover for those with enough cash though.

At that price if you are struggling for cash it may not be an option, could possibly get a playing (at the time) rookie $50k cheaper, or a donut rookie $65k cheaper

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Lloyd Houli Laird Williams Smith Duursma (D.Moore Answerth)
J.Kelly Neale Fyfe Cripps Macrae Dangerfield Rockliff B.Crouch (Stocker O.Baker Bewley)
Gawn Mumford (Bines)
Boak Daniel T.Kelly Billings Heeney Lobb (DMoore(Haw) Begley)

So… think Clarke is must have. If all named that should be i have 17 playing this week. Do i trade Lobb for 4 weeks who is my intended dpp with Bines through end of year, trade Rocky apparently out for yet one more week and BE 110, trade Stocker who is out 2 – 3 weeks and will pay with his BE of 0 within 4 weeks I’d assume and is only at 210k atm, or trade someone else. Still to get Sloane Hurn and Grundy and i have 12 trades and 110k in bank atm. Would love some help. Really really stumped on this one. Who goes first and only two trades next week worth Sloane Hurn Lougue and Naish ready... hmm

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Now that Clarke has been named I will bring him in for the MIA Bailey Scott.
Also looking at bringing Heeney in for Larkey.
Not too sure about my 3rd trade, I should have 19-20 playing but maybe relying on 1 or 2 more rookies than others. I don't want to go backwards after making good gains last week.
Thinking B. Crouch to Bont at this stage, feels a bit sideways though.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Now that Clarke has been named I will bring him in for the MIA Bailey Scott.
Also looking at bringing Heeney in for Larkey.
Not too sure about my 3rd trade, I should have 19-20 playing but maybe relying on 1 or 2 more rookies than others. I don't want to go backwards after making good gains last week.
Thinking B. Crouch to Bont at this stage, feels a bit sideways though.
I started B Crouch and I'm happy to keep him. I always thought that he would start slowly due to having missed all of last year.
But I always thought that he would come good in the 2nd half of the season.
His recent scores suggest I might be right: 3-rnd average - 117.7; 5-rnd average - 110.4

Reactions: nawtay

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
I started B Crouch and I'm happy to keep him. I always thought that he would start slowly due to having missed all of last year.
His recent scores suggest I might be right: 3-rnd average - 117.7; 5-rnd average - 110.4
Yeah i have been happy with him too, just concerned with the amount of premiums i have out this week.
Will keep looking for another solution. Thanks for the reply.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Apologies for the above, won't let me delete it... message below;

How do we feel about Bont vs. Merrett vs. Sloane?

I need to do one upgrade this week, and then the final upgrade next week (which is where Sloane comes in - next week).

- Bont has a more competitive price when compared to Merrett, but I feel like he fluctuates too much.
- Merrett is hard to go past with his consistency.
- Sloane has averaged 114.83 if you remove his injury affected game against Melbourne. $511k is cheap.

This would mean my midfield finishes at Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, J.Kelly, Oliver, Macrae and two of Sloane/Merrett/Bont.

Thoughts?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Apologies for the above, won't let me delete it... message below;

How do we feel about Bont vs. Merrett vs. Sloane?

I need to do one upgrade this week, and then the final upgrade next week (which is where Sloane comes in - next week).

- Bont has a more competitive price when compared to Merrett, but I feel like he fluctuates too much.
- Merrett is hard to go past with his consistency.
- Sloane has averaged 114.83 if you remove his injury affected game against Melbourne. $511k is cheap.

This would mean my midfield finishes at Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, J.Kelly, Oliver, Macrae and two of Sloane/Merrett/Bont.

Thoughts?
If it were me, I think I'd leave out Sloane. Feel that Zerret and Bont are more durable.

Reactions: RichardC89

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
If it were me, I think I'd leave out Sloane. Feel that Zerret and Bont are more durable.
I think Bont Sloane Merrett but with Sloane at only 511k I'm looking at him over Bont. Crows have a good fixture and I'm not sold Bont doesn't regress a lil with guys like Dunkley getting mid time.

Reactions: Prospector

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Done trades. Walsh, Stack and Brodie Smith out. Clarke, Billings and and Jake Lloyd in. Any better options?

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
It's an interesting one (I started him too). I always planned to trade him out this week and currently intend to, but it may burn me by the end if (when) I run out of trades/cash.

You can effectively trade him to Sloane and get some loose change ($13.3k) and 15 more points average (excluding his 35 injury).
If Brad drops back to 95ish then that's possibly a 20 point gain per week over 9 weeks and some $ loose change, which for a single trade (perhaps effectively done over 2 weeks due to bye) would probably be worth it (depending on trade situation).

I think Matt Crouch missing 3 matches and the injury impacted Sloane game has allowed Brad's point scoring to rise in this time due to greater opportunity/less competition (in the matches they won at least), perhaps he just had a great night last match against Richmond with all of them back (where the team and midfield ran over the top at the end).

Will be interesting to see how he finishes off the year, should be a very handy M8 for those still holding and wanting to save the trade though.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I'm thinking of taking a bit of a punt and spending more than I wanted to this week.
In - Macrae, Bont, Clarke (I need the potential cash generation)
Out - Brouch, Duursma, Scott

Next week I should be able to get Butters and Gibbons to Sloane, Leaves me a Hurn and Gawn short with a bunch of cheap rookies not scoring well and 7 trades.
I'm at risk needing 2 of my 3 Def rookies to play until Whitfield comes back (which may only be a week or 2 more) and needing Mummy to play, play well, and close the $ gap to Gawn. If Mummy misses a match or 2 I'll be forced to cop a donut until he closes the $ gap much more or not get Gawn.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I'm thinking of taking a bit of a punt and spending more than I wanted to this week.
In - Macrae, Bont, Clarke (I need the potential cash generation)
Out - Brouch, Duursma, Scott

Next week I should be able to get Butters and Gibbons to Sloane, Leaves me a Hurn and Gawn short with a bunch of cheap rookies not scoring well and 7 trades.
I'm at risk needing 2 of my 3 Def rookies to play until Whitfield comes back (which may only be a week or 2 more) and needing Mummy to play, play well, and close the $ gap to Gawn. If Mummy misses a match or 2 I'll be forced to cop a donut until he closes the $ gap much more or not get Gawn.

I'm in a similar situation. Not sure if I should stretch to go Mummy up to Gawn this week (I have Grundy, Mummy, Bines and Westhoff for cover (curse you Hinkley!) )

After this last bye I'll still be someway off full premo. Duursma as D6, Rocky M6, Walsh M7 and M8 likely to be Clarke.

I will be watching Hanners very closely this week to see how he goes. Mid Price madness but cash generation is getting tough and if he can keep fit he could be a good "former premo" option.

Reactions: Dunny29