Round 13 trades

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
DEF: Adams, Hibberd, Laird, Newman, Lloyd, Shaw - Nth (Perryman, Stewart)
MID: Danger, Bont, Martin, Tmitch, Fyfe, Treloar, Sloane, Cousins, Dlloyd, Bolton, Fisher
RUC: Sandi, Grundy (Strnadica)
FWD: Lynch, Dahlhaus, macrea, Heeney, Nank, Yeo (Parsons, Greenwood)

61k struggling have 16 on field tempted to go sandi, shaw, dlloyd to Doc, Lryan and S.selwood even thou his risen stil only leaves me with 17 on just struggling for options or should i just take a donut

Am I missing something here or if you do your proposed trades, will that not give you 18 on field? Taken on pure numbers and having complete disregard for structure.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
proposed trades
ryder to yeo, evw to lryan, fyfe to dusty
leaves 6 trades and 138k in the bank

team looks like this post trades
doc, laird, adams, roberton, hibberd, stewart, ryan, mcniece
danger, bont, dusty, hanners, priddis, pendles, heppell, sselwood, spp, berry, dlloyd
martin, grundy, strnadica
dahl, nank, yeo, heeney, parsons, bolton, hardwick, greenwood

thoughts/advice?

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
DEF: Adams, Hibberd, Laird, Newman, Lloyd, Shaw - Nth (Perryman, Stewart)
MID: Danger, Bont, Martin, Tmitch, Fyfe, Treloar, Sloane, Cousins, Dlloyd, Bolton, Fisher
RUC: Sandi, Grundy (Strnadica)
FWD: Lynch, Dahlhaus, macrea, Heeney, Nank, Yeo (Parsons, Greenwood)

61k struggling have 16 on field tempted to go sandi, shaw, dlloyd to Doc, Lryan and S.selwood even thou his risen stil only leaves me with 17 on just struggling for options or should i just take a donut

I'd go
fyfe to Scooter
Sandi to Martin
Shaw to Roberton.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
For those that still have him, J.Steele dropped for this weekend

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
For those that still have him, J.Steele dropped for this weekend
Whoa. You only had 17 with Steele, right. That will make things tough.

You could potentially go Steele down to Bolton (if selected) to free up cash to upgrade elsewhere? Not ideal as Bolt has already had a price rise and who knows what his job security is going forward.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
proposed trades
ryder to yeo, evw to lryan, fyfe to dusty
leaves 6 trades and 138k in the bank

team looks like this post trades
doc, laird, adams, roberton, hibberd, stewart, ryan, mcniece
danger, bont, dusty, hanners, priddis, pendles, heppell, sselwood, spp, berry, dlloyd
martin, grundy, strnadica
dahl, nank, yeo, heeney, parsons, bolton, hardwick, greenwood

thoughts/advice?
I don't think you have the luxury of trading Ryder and Fyfe with only 9 trades left. 6 trades could leave you in a lot of pain if injuries start appearing. Unless of course you are well situated in your league and can get through to finals using your emergencies if you cop an injury or 2.

Reactions: the cranky one

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Well Steele out has thrown a spanner in the works for me. Current situation is 15 trades left, 14 players available not including Eddy, Mitch Hibberd or JJK.
Current thoughts are:
Taranto>Lynch
Fyfe>Bont
Steele>Heeney

Which I am happy with but the last 2 just feel very sideways for this time of year and I'm not 100% sold on Bont being able to turn it around but I can't afford anything better

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Whoa. You only had 17 with Steele, right. That will make things tough.

You could potentially go Steele down to Bolton (if selected) to free up cash to upgrade elsewhere? Not ideal as Bolt has already had a price rise and who knows what his job security is going forward.
Yep. Will trade out steele, taranto and myers but not sure to whom.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
I don't think you have the luxury of trading Ryder and Fyfe with only 9 trades left. 6 trades could leave you in a lot of pain if injuries start appearing. Unless of course you are well situated in your league and can get through to finals using your emergencies if you cop an injury or 2.

Here what are you are saying dino, and understand your thought process, however to continue with the upgrade process on our way to full premium trades need to be made. So with your advice, and some manipulation of players the following trades are what I have come up with: EVW to Lryan, and Hrdwick to Yeo; this leaves 64k and 7 trades in the bank

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Here what are you are saying dino, and understand your thought process, however to continue with the upgrade process on our way to full premium trades need to be made. So with your advice, and some manipulation of players the following trades are what I have come up with: EVW to Lryan, and Hrdwick to Yeo; this leaves 64k and 7 trades in the bank
That sounds a lot better to me and if my calculations are correct, it gives you 20 this week which is handy. You may have to persevere with a couple of playing rookies for a few weeks but Stewart and Greenwood should score well enough. I would try to take minimum 4 trades into the finals.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
I am also on nine trades, decided to take the donut and not trade Fyfe!
I changed my mind and decided I can't handle it if he fires up in the second half and I have wasted a trade.

As a couple of you said, can always trade him out before finals.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Well Steele out has thrown a spanner in the works for me. Current situation is 15 trades left, 14 players available not including Eddy, Mitch Hibberd or JJK.
Current thoughts are:
Taranto>Lynch
Fyfe>Bont
Steele>Heeney

Which I am happy with but the last 2 just feel very sideways for this time of year and I'm not 100% sold on Bont being able to turn it around but I can't afford anything better
I am in the same frame of mind regarding Bont. He is a gun that isnt quite firing atm.

The up side is that you still have 15 trades left

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
What will your budget be for the three players to come in?
$1,396,500 ($880k after Macrae comes in)
so prem fwd (Macrae) and prem mid, cheap fwd (hopefully DPP)

Was thinking about Bolton as his DPP could come in handy but not if he misses this week

Reactions: cactus

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Hi Community,

After much pondering and reversing, trading and re-reversing of trades I have come to the conclusion I have no idea what to do.

Whilst I understand and agree with the boys on the pod regarding sideways trading of 'premiums' being undesired I feel i'm in a somewhat unique position.

A few weeks back I took scooter as I wanted some more rnd12 byes in my team and he was just too good of a value selection to pass up. But I am already full premo so he is my M9.

With Steele now out I am considering trading Fyfe and Shaw to Roberton and Lloyd this week as it will mean Parsons will be man no 19 instead of 18. I was originally going to wait for Lloyd to bottom out but have the cash to go straight swaps this week.

I guess cutting throught all my ramblings, my question is this....Is it worth trading out Fyfe and using Scooter as M8 to gain the Parsons v Lloyd points this week and have a completed team besides the future Scooter upgrade?

For clarity this is my team as it stands with 10 trades 150k and ranked 936th

Laird, Docherty, Adams, Shaw, Hibberd, Berry > Sharenberg, McInnes
Sloane, Dangerfield, Merrett, Pendlebury, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Treloar, Cripps > S.Selwood, Barrett, Lloyd
Witts, Nankervis > Stranadica
Macrae, Dahlhaus, Yeo, T.Lynch, Steele, Heeney > Greenwood, Parsons

Any clarity provided would be greatly appreciated

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Hi Community,
With Steele now out I am considering trading Fyfe and Shaw to Roberton and Lloyd this week as it will mean Parsons will be man no 19 instead of 18. I was originally going to wait for Lloyd to bottom out but have the cash to go straight swaps this week.

I don't agree with the Shaw trade, it's extremely luxury. Shaw won't average less than 90 and i can't see Roberton averaging more than 100 for the remainder of the season. It is very likely they average near the same. However if you do think it will get you an extra 100 points, and you will not need that trade, in the end it's your decision.

Also i hear steele is dropped, you might wanna fix that depending if you want him in your final team ect. Trading fyfe to roberton is okay, but i don't like having scooter as m8, feel like he will drop off/become less consitent.

I like fyfe to buddy/wallis/whoever else is decent, put steele to the midfield, have enough bank to go steele to lloyd and upgrade to a m8 mid next week.

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
I don't agree with the Shaw trade, it's extremely luxury. Shaw won't average less than 90 and i can't see Roberton averaging more than 100 for the remainder of the season. It is very likely they average near the same. However if you do think it will get you an extra 100 points, and you will not need that trade, in the end it's your decision.

Also i hear steele is dropped, you might wanna fix that depending if you want him in your final team ect. Trading fyfe to roberton is okay, but i don't like having scooter as m8, feel like he will drop off/become less consitent.

I like fyfe to buddy/wallis/whoever else is decent, put steele to the midfield, have enough bank to go steele to lloyd and upgrade to a m8 mid next week.

Yeah, the more I think the more I want to keep the pair of Shaw and Fyfe. Ultimately there's nothing saying Fyfe wont match whoever I trade in later be it Jelwood, Martin, Rocky etc in the run home. Same could be said for any potential Shaw replacements.

I'm starting to lean towards Steele > Roberton via dpp, or maybe even Houli as bit of a POD.

Then over the next few weeks use the likes of Greenwood, Barrett, Berry, Scharenberg to go after Gawn and another prem FWD such as Greene, Buddy, Wallis.

I like the flexibility of a Scooter M9 and Nank F7/R3 heading into the business end which has ultimately been my goal for the last month

Reactions: Steve and smirski

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
DEF: Doc, Hibberd - Melb, Tuohy, Newmann, Berry, Hibberd - Nth (Shaw, Adams)
MID: Danger, S Selwood, Merrett, Beams, JPK, Macrae, P-Pepper, Myers (Fyfe, Pendles, Cousins)
RUC: Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
FWD: Lynch, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughy, Nank, Parsons (Eddy, Greenwood)
13 trades - 97K (17 on field) Trade to who or hold tight for a week?

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
instinct tells me to trade fisher to mountford, fyfe to ablett.

i could also consider, fyfe to yeo, bring in kelly/ablett/neale next week, gives me 7 premium fowards though....

fyfe to a ruck will also work. was hoping gawn would be back this week, so i could get him after he bottoms out. Thoughts, Ranked 313.

SC.png