Round 13 Discussion and Trade Talk

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Is 5 trades with good bench cover too little after the byes ?
I have heard 6 trades being mentioned at the end of the byes on the podcast would allow me to get full premo (with the exception of petraca) by round 14.

It depends if you are going for overall or league win.

Overall you should be fine.
League win could be trouble if there is carnage and players are put out to surgery. Especially if the player is not playing finals. So the last 3 weeks you may need 4-6 trades.

Reactions: Geoff123

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
It depends if you are going for overall or league win.

Overall you should be fine.
League win could be trouble if there is carnage and players are put out to surgery. Especially if the player is not playing finals. So the last 3 weeks you may need 4-6 trades.
Hey thanks for the input I’m playing for overall only so will have a go ! Will only trade for permanent losses or greater than 2+ weeks out

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hey thanks for the input I’m playing for overall only so will have a go ! Will only trade for permanent losses or greater than 2+ weeks out
If going for overall you might as well use the trades if it's getting you a better scores on field. No point having leftover trades if you're going for overall.

Reactions: Geoff123

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hi. Any thoughts on a playing backline rookie. Giro is the obvious choice but I have a full playing midfield and I want Ahern but he is on bye. Need 1 more warm body obfield. Then I can bring in either Yeo or buddy. Help big decision time
Roarke Smith is the only option playing this week. Looking down the yet to debut list, I can't see anyone who could get named this week either. Wait for teams, but if you want someone to play this week then Smith is the only option. Not the worst option and may build into the season nicely, but also not dirt cheap.

There are a couple of guys who've played 1 game who are on the bye this week.

Reactions: Yort

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Roarke Smith is the only option playing this week. Looking down the yet to debut list, I can't see anyone who could get named this week either. Wait for teams, but if you want someone to play this week then Smith is the only option. Not the worst option and may build into the season nicely, but also not dirt cheap.

There are a couple of guys who've played 1 game who are on the bye this week.
Brandtner from West Coast is debuting this week. 148k def/fwd. Could come in very handy later on even if he doesnt get many games.

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
If going for overall you might as well use the trades if it's getting you a better scores on field. No point having leftover trades if you're going for overall.
Thanks mate helps the decision making process this week

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
OMG more bye carnage Phillips, Murphy & Coffield all dropped and no Laird. Looks like ill have 15 playing :(
17 for me. All that planning wasted. Laird and Walters missing hurts a lot.

Reactions: luke394

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Just wanting some trade advice this week. Which rookies to go and who comes in. I've got 15 trades and 195K.
Thanks in advance.

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Austin, Doedee, Yeo, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Rockliff, Danger, Fyfe, Dusty, Titch, Holman, Petracca, Brayshaw, (Spargo, E Phillips, Cogs)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, (Guelfi, Fritsch)

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I would be happy with 17
I've got 18, and still 2 trades to use this week. Will bring in a 19th, just tossing up whether to bring in Ahern or a 20th for this week.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Did anyone take Gray? Or Westhoff? or Rockcliff or Wingard....
Wingard at the last minute. Don't have any of the others but will probably get Gray next week, especially with McLean stinking it up again this week.

Reactions: Centroprise

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
The Dogs were putrid fot the most part. But damn some of those guys look even more tempting now...

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Just wanting some trade advice this week. Which rookies to go and who comes in. I've got 15 trades and 195K.
Thanks in advance.

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Austin, Doedee, Yeo, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Rockliff, Danger, Fyfe, Dusty, Titch, Holman, Petracca, Brayshaw, (Spargo, E Phillips, Cogs)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, (Guelfi, Fritsch)
Giro seems to be the most likely for Spargo/E Phillips/L Murphy to generate cash. or can you wait till next week when there quite a few better options eg: Ahern.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Giro seems to be the most likely for Spargo/E Phillips/L Murphy to generate cash. or can you wait till next week when there quite a few better options eg: Ahern.
Thanks for that. I was just wondering if I should make an upgrade this week and who would you pick up like a Cripps or wait for R Gray next week for example. Cheers

Reactions: Centroprise

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Was deciding between Wingard and Kennedy. Went Kennedy. Stupid.
All half decent Port players scored well last night. I wouldn't expect it to happen every week. JJK and Wingard will probably average around the same from here.