Round 12 Blur....b

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Part way into Round 12 and already have a bit of a curve ball after selections announced.

I held onto Pittonet (other priorities / trades before the bye and had hoped he may recover some of his cash). This week he’s out injured.

So I’m thinking one of the following options:
1. Go with NicNat - bye free, scoring well, awesome to watch. Risk is he still could be rested.
2. Go for Big Oscar McInerny - scoring well, saves $100k, low BE and he’s DPP flexibility. Hasn’t had his bye though.
3. Assume Draper (Bench) might play and use him for cover - risk is may not know if he’s selected before McInerny game start.

Any thoughts from the community?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Another left field option could be Darcy from Freo. Has Carlton & Sydney coming up, bye free and is pretty cheap.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Belch Amber's got a knee knock and we will want Draper to take over from him so I think we will name him BUT he is a rookie and could still score lowish,especiallh if he shares with Belchambers (pretty much 0 pts 2 weeks ago in 1st half and 70 in 2nd half)

I'd go NicNat or Oscar

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Part way into Round 12 and already have a bit of a curve ball after selections announced.

I held onto Pittonet (other priorities / trades before the bye and had hoped he may recover some of his cash). This week he’s out injured.

So I’m thinking one of the following options:
1. Go with NicNat - bye free, scoring well, awesome to watch. Risk is he still could be rested.
2. Go for Big Oscar McInerny - scoring well, saves $100k, low BE and he’s DPP flexibility. Hasn’t had his bye though.
3. Assume Draper (Bench) might play and use him for cover - risk is may not know if he’s selected before McInerny game start.

Any thoughts from the community?
I've got both Draper and McInerney/Comben.
Draper missing games is a worry. It didn't matter last week with the "best 18" scoring. It might matter this week as we won;t know if Draper is playing until after the Lions-Roos game.

At least with McInerney you know he will play - and as the #1 ruck.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I've got both Draper and McInerney/Comben.
Draper missing games is a worry. It didn't matter last week with the "best 18" scoring. It might matter this week as we won;t know if Draper is playing until after the Lions-Roos game.

At least with McInerney you know he will play - and as the #1 ruck.

Went Big O - happy with that!

Reactions: Rupert

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
My god I didn't think the boys had it in them. Never had a round ranking of 23 before lol. And 712 overall isn't bad considering I'm letting Lachie Neale run against me all year...what a screw up.

Attachments

• Rd12.PNG
    Rd12.PNG
    25.5 KB · Views: 2

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
My god I didn't think the boys had it in them. Never had a round ranking of 23 before lol. And 712 overall isn't bad considering I'm letting Lachie Neale run against me all year...what a screw up.
A great big well done!
To get into the top 1,000 over these last few rounds while living in the States is impressive.
I hope you cam keep it up.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
A great big well done!
To get into the top 1,000 over these last few rounds while living in the States is impressive.
I hope you cam keep it up.
Thanks! I've been fortunate to avoid injuries. I have basically just upgraded as cheaply as possible so I don't have any rookies on ground but I'm kind of worried about holding on to ranking down the stretch. The bye structure also is looking really good right now.

The big question is how do I go about upgrading since I have 10 trades left? I can go Aarts down this week and get any of my on-ground mids to Neale or any of my on-ground defense to Lloyd. I almost think the difference between Lloyd and Houston (yet to have his bye) is going to be greater than the difference between Bont/Merrett/McGrath and Neale. Neale is the captaincy option though. Or I could downgrade Aarts this week and then downgrade Rankine next and try to go Starchevich up to Lloyd so a guy like Houston can be a bench cover/loophole player. Having this many trades this late is really weird. Maybe I just need to be saving them for the byes and all the late outs that are going to happen once the schedule gets condensed again. Super good problem to have though.