Round 10 Discussion

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Excellent night personally, VC Danger and Selwood on field with Stewart as E and can swing Hibberd on field and chuck the C on him! Now just need to make the call on who to leave on field, Marchbank or EVW. Leaning towards Marchbank just because of consistency, EVW's 35 a couple weeks back still lingers in the back of the mind

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I'm similar. I want to get Stewart's score on field but not sure who to take off. Can any fixture analysis fairies out there sprinkle some magic dust and tell me who scores better: Otten vs Freo or EVW vs Carlton???

Reactions: AlLewis

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Danger does it again, 163. Hope everyone put the VC on him.

Good to see a 91 from Stewart. Pity he's on the bench with no one to loophole.

Go you Cats!
Forgot to change my VC/C before the game, so missed him. Hopefully one of my others gets close. Stewart is my D8 so I don't have the option of loopholing him either.

Was an interesting game last night. Cats better for most but wasted a lot of chances. Port were pretty stiffed by the umpires, including a dodgy call that allowed the Cats inside 50m and Danger to kick the winner. But hard to say the Cats didn't deserve the win. Can't say I'm convinced on the top 4 chances of either after the game though.

Few things I noted:
- Danger was average, just bobbed up at the key moments. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw his SC score, was expecting his match-winner to have got him up over 100. Not sure he touched the ball in the 3rd quarter....
- Gray is still hampered so stay away. He has no pace at the moment. Still a dangerous forward, but up the ground he'd be a liability so expect him to play out the year forward.
- Ryder can be pretty lazy at times around the ground. Did alright in the ruck, but not brilliant game from him.
- Can someone please tackle a Selwood around the waist and not the upper arms?? Love the frees for my SC team... but for goodness sake!!!!
- Polec would be a good pick if only he wasn't Mid-only

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Forgot to change my VC/C before the game, so missed him. Hopefully one of my others gets close. Stewart is my D8 so I don't have the option of loopholing him either.

Was an interesting game last night. Cats better for most but wasted a lot of chances. Port were pretty stiffed by the umpires, including a dodgy call that allowed the Cats inside 50m and Danger to kick the winner. But hard to say the Cats didn't deserve the win. Can't say I'm convinced on the top 4 chances of either after the game though.

Few things I noted:
- Danger was average, just bobbed up at the key moments. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw his SC score, was expecting his match-winner to have got him up over 100. Not sure he touched the ball in the 3rd quarter....
- Gray is still hampered so stay away. He has no pace at the moment. Still a dangerous forward, but up the ground he'd be a liability so expect him to play out the year forward.
- Ryder can be pretty lazy at times around the ground. Did alright in the ruck, but not brilliant game from him.
- Can someone please tackle a Selwood around the waist and not the upper arms?? Love the frees for my SC team... but for goodness sake!!!!
- Polec would be a good pick if only he wasn't Mid-only
Danger was on something like 72 at HT (had a good second qtr) and 88 at 3qt. Apart from the last quarter goal, he also had a contested intercept mark, a few clearances, I think 4 or 5 tackles and a couple Frees For on top of his 8 touches. It was probably a 115-120 game in a similar vein to Bonts scoring. Kicking a winning goal definitely helps though.

Reactions: Prospector

Sizza

Aspiring Coach
Apr 25, 2015
I would play Otten on field

I would be very weary with Otten.

His average with Jenkins in the side is 58.5 points, this is compared with his average of 95.4 with him out.

With Jenkins back in this week and expected rain throughout the night I am not expecting a very high score from him. He will no longer be the second ruck and forward option. I can just see him rotating from third forward to defender (low possession) throughout the night.

Reactions: Prospector

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Very happy with Stewarts 91. He was very close to getting traded out yesterday but that score will give him a nice little price bump.

Just realized though I've left Ryder in Fwd and now will take a donut in the rucks. FMSL.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I would be very weary with Otten.

His average with Jenkins in the side is 58.5 points, this is compared with his average of 95.4 with him out.

With Jenkins back in this week and expected rain throughout the night I am not expecting a very high score from him. He will no longer be the second ruck and forward option. I can just see him rotating from third forward to defender (low possession) throughout the night.

Come on down J.Berry

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
hmm so about R14-15 he will be rock bottom with that 4 in his 3 week average. Upgrade Zones to Lloyd

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So I'm going to blame Hannan because he's given me the shits all season but it's actually my fault, somehow had the E on Eddy instead of him, not only going to miss his 90 odd but cop a donut in the FWD line now. good times.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
So I'm going to blame Hannan because he's given me the shits all season but it's actually my fault, somehow had the E on Eddy instead of him, not only going to miss his 90 odd but cop a donut in the FWD line now. good times.
No way. Didn't you miss his 85 last week too??

Reactions: Tevez17