Multi-Position Players

The Captain

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 5, 2018
Melbourne
What is your opinion on multi-position players? I find they come in handy when giving additional interchange options when players get injured. Is it worth sacrificing some scoring ability for the flexibility?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What is your opinion on multi-position players? I find they come in handy when giving additional interchange options when players get injured. Is it worth sacrificing some scoring ability for the flexibility?
Apart from forward/rucks (of which there are almost none this year ... I wouldn’t sacrifice scoring for DPP. I usually try to get forward/mid as the season goes on and sometimes back/mid as well but I wouldn’t pick a player I thought was second best just to get it at the start of the year.

Reactions: Prospector

Cardies

Patron '18
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2018
If you miss a "must have" rookie and want to get them in before prices change then a having a few DPPs increases your options.

Reactions: Prospector

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I’m always of the opinion that points on field is what matters. If it’s a 50-50 call then maybe it comes into consideration but personally I wouldn’t sacrifice scoring for the sake of DPP

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I’m always of the opinion that points on field is what matters. If it’s a 50-50 call then maybe it comes into consideration but personally I wouldn’t sacrifice scoring for the sake of DPP

Exactly my thoughts here mate. Whilst the ability to go multi positions is handy (Especially come the bye rounds) I always go for best scoring players, if they happen to be multi positional then I'll add them when the time is right.