Midfield 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
wouldn't look at NAB for the Pendles VS Danger debate, but I would look at byes. Danger for me at the moment but only because of the bye structure

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Tweet from Stevo "Ablett has tendon injury base of foot but believe he ran about 5km today in running session ... Despite that massive no risk policy at Suns".

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Tweet from Stevo "Ablett has tendon injury base of foot but believe he ran about 5km today in running session ... Despite that massive no risk policy at Suns".

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

After being burnt twice last year i'm seriously thinking of bringing in Sidebum for Gazz

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I know the boys on the podcast are pretty against it but how do people feel about starting 2 or less of Fyfe/Pendles/Ablett/Rockliff?
depends who else you have picked. i dont have fyfe but do have danger and parker

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
I know the boys on the podcast are pretty against it but how do people feel about starting 2 or less of Fyfe/Pendles/Ablett/Rockliff?
These blokes are proven scorers. I plan on starting at least 3 of them.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
yep at the moment im starting with fyfe, ablett, danger and rockliff

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
If you have the fab 4 and liba in your team as well as 2 rucks that are set and forget, you are leaving yourself short on either backs or fwds.

But atleast your mids will be firing

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
If you have the fab 4 and liba in your team as well as 2 rucks that are set and forget, you are leaving yourself short on either backs or fwds.

Def- Shaw, Laird, K.K, T.Sherridan, M.Brown, M.Hartley (Bonner, Broad)
Mid- Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Parish, Menadue (Cunningham, Mathesion, Gresham)
Ruc- Goldy, Gawn (Cox)
Fwd-Martin, dollhouse, Barlow, Wells, kerridge ,Petrecca (Grimley, Mcdonald - tipungwuti)

this is where im at at the moment and i dont think its to bad, no doubt it will change before all is said and done

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

TBH i dont think thats 100% true it's more if you want that 4 plus a POD and maybe Crouch too when the other lines look really thin

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Mid- Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Parish, Menadue (Cunningham, Mathesion, Gresham)
Ruc- Goldy, Gawn (Cox)
Fwd-Martin, dollhouse, Barlow, Wells, kerridge ,Petrecca (Grimley, Mcdonald - tipungwuti)

this is where im at at the moment and i dont think its to bad, no doubt it will change before all is said and done

A little cookie cutter maybe but geez it's solid!

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Ruc- Goldy, Gawn (Cox)

Pretty much exactly where I'm at with my side... Apart from KK and Dahlhaus we have more or less identical teams... Give or take a couple rookies

Reactions: Brad

Luke Thompson

Mar 6, 2016
Rocket said on fiveaa Ablett will play round 1, O'Meara will look to play NEAFL round 3 or 4, Presita on track to play round 1 (didn't sound convincing) and Swallow hopeful to play before midseason. O'Meara is going to be an ideal sidewards/downtrade come round 7ish

Reactions: TwentyThree

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Pretty much exactly where I'm at with my side... Apart from KK and Dahlhaus we have more or less identical teams... Give or take a couple rookies

I think it's fairly solid at this stage in sure to make a couple of changes before round one

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Crouch named to play on Friday. Too big an injury risk or are people still considering him? I think he has the potential to average 105 this season so if he looks good I will probably roll the dice with him. Bound to break down at some point so hopefully he's made enough cash by then

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Glad he is named but will need to see how much game time he gets on the field and how he backs up.

Not too worried about how he scores in NAB

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Suns start with Bombers (H), Fremantle (A) and Blues (H). With 2 weak teams and a long-haul flight expect GAJ to be on the sidelines the first 3 weeks unless he's 100%. I've taken him out for now and replaced him with Danger.

So, I only have Rocky from the "FAB4". Fyfe comes in and out but with injury concerns and price but he's out atm. Pendles I can't rely on - too much midfield depth there now and fear he might play more of a quarterback role, just too many questions for mine.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Crouch named to play on Friday. Too big an injury risk or are people still considering him? I think he has the potential to average 105 this season so if he looks good I will probably roll the dice with him. Bound to break down at some point so hopefully he's made enough cash by then
Not really interested in Crouch, as you said, he's a whole lot more injury prone than couple of the other discounted guys like Libba and O'Meara. I don't doubt his ability but I don't have the pills to pick a super injury prone midpricer especially in the midfield

atleast you have the option to sideswap to O'Meara if he does get injured before jumping up heaps

Reactions: Prospector

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Not really interested in Crouch, as you said, he's a whole lot more injury prone than couple of the other discounted guys like Libba and O'Meara. I don't doubt his ability but I don't have the pills to pick a super injury prone midpricer especially in the midfield

atleast you have the option to sideswap to O'Meara if he does get injured before jumping up heaps

Yeh my thoughts exactly. Worst case if he goes down you can either sideswap to someone around his price or go down to a 200k rookie (e.g. Parish) or even all the way down if someone cheaper looks the goods. Plenty of water to go under the bridge though. As it stands he's my M7. Going deep in the middle