Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I think I will be more likely to have him at M4 than M6

I agree with FB.
I've noticed a trend this year of people planning on starting their teams with top heavy midfields.
I'm confused as to why this is so popular this year. Can anyone fill me in?

Reactions: Dino

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I agree with FB.
I've noticed a trend this year of people planning on starting their teams with top heavy midfields.
I've toyed with a couple of mid heavy lineups... 3 x 600k mids, couple of 500ks, Libba, Crouch and rookies. I love the midfield but hate the rest of the park.

If I had to guess I would say people are doing it because they struggle to find any premos in the defence line to pick with any confidence. Up forward, depending on how you look at it, there might only be a couple of good expensive options but a lot of value at lower prices. Rookies aren't as thin forward and back as they have been the last couple of years too. I can see why people are going mid heavy. I don't think it can end well though.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I agree with FB.
I guess the reason I'm toying with it is because I'm finding it hard to find primos I'd be happy to lock up forward and down back. Finding it much easier to find locks in the ruck and in the midfield and the midfield ones are cheaper than usual.

When it comes down to it I would not consider batting six deep in the midfield if it wasn't for the Essendon situation. Because of that I'm thinking there might be enough decent rookie to take ... maybe nine across the forward and back lines? Meaning I could afford to run one or two less in the midfield. Well that is my current thinking.

Most likely I'll go four plus Libba. Very very unlikely to only go three plus Libba. But then FB had me comfortably cover in the rankings last year so the opinion must be respected.