Going forward from here

mitchamatosis

May 31, 2015
With 6 trades left and 390k in the bank im really confused as to where to go from here.
Im sitting 2nd-3rd in all 4 of my leagues so this bye round isnt a must win by any stretch. Im just curious as to what other people would do with this team in the following weeks and would love any advice.

My current plan is to actually not trade this week, probably cop a couple of losses and then build towards the finals. Next trades im planning are collins/ruggles to pittard/bartel and culling the remainder. Then upgrading jansen or trengove to a premo. Hoping to have 3 trades for finals, which would ideally be used for greene/hall to dusty.

Attachments

• supercoach.PNG
    supercoach.PNG
    656.1 KB · Views: 9

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I would be sitting on my hands and not doing any trades unless you absolutely must. 6 trades at this stage is getting fairly low for leagues especially when you still have a couple of spots to upgrade. The beauty of the byes being a little later this year is that finals are only 5 weeks away. Hopefully you can scrap through to round 20 without any injuries.

I like your plan except I would probably look at upgrading Menadue. Hall or Greene is preferable bench cover in my opinion unless Menadue has decided he can get a few touches. Don't think we can expect scores like we had on the weekend too often, but you may not have any option but to use Hall/Greene to get Dusty.

It's a precarious situation you find yourself in. Pray to the SC gods to be kind to you and good luck.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Ruggles for Laird/Pittard would tempt me... actually it did tempt me I'm doing that exact trade this week. Yes, he still has 30k to make... but time matters.. the longer you wait, the more points you're losing on ground.

It gives you an extra 80-100 points this week... which is 100+10ppg for a month before Jimmy is ripe. Meaning Laird can average 5-10ppg less than Bartel and you'll still break even.