Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm only 99.5% premo as I still have Libba at M8. Down to 6 trades and I'm now holding fire and waiting for the inevitable end of year shitstorm.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Capture.PNG

Regretting having Rance & Rich in the back line but really, not a huge amount between them and other options in the back line. I have Shaw, Lard, JJ & Simpson. They'll be top 8 at least for rest of year.

Still tossing up whether to bring in Hanners or Pendles this week. I can do both. Hanners gives me $80k reserve though. Pendles about $2k. hmmmmm....

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
upload_2016-7-5_19-3-12.png

Will move Kerridge and Petracca this weekend for most likely Clay Smith and Lachie Neale.

Traded Rich last week for Docherty. Settled down there now with that back 6.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
View attachment 528

Will move Kerridge and Petracca this weekend for most likely Clay Smith and Lachie Neale.

Traded Rich last week for Docherty. Settled down there now with that back 6.

Very nice... How many trades left after this week's 2?

Only hole I see is no Ruc or Fwd cover but if you've still got a few trades left it's a bit of a none issue & you're mid bench looks solid for cover but not much in the way of decent scores, but really just knit picking you're in a good spot i'd reckon!

Reactions: k-red17

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Currently sitting approx 28,000 in my first year back, the team is not vanilla, unorthodox with a few POD. I try to pick the Plus ones from each team knowing that their intercept marks and setting up play across half back are very handy when it comes to scoring in SC. The slaughter round where I lost NicNat, Dahlhaus and Tippett was a setback but I have since invested in sub premo players to try to make up the difference.
Players like Mitchell, Hall, Parker have been carried through the lean times but I see clear road ahead now and will salvage what I can in the remaining rounds, hoping for a top 10,000 finish. Please feel free to provide any feedback, trades are diminishing but I have enough to cover any major losses.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 9

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Very nice... How many trades left after this week's 2?

Only hole I see is no Ruc or Fwd cover but if you've still got a few trades left it's a bit of a none issue & you're mid bench looks solid for cover but not much in the way of decent scores, but really just knit picking you're in a good spot i'd reckon!

Cheers mate. If I move Kerridge this week to an upgrade it will leave me with 4 trades.

Yeah I need a little luck to go my way in terms of injuries etc. I'm thinking Clay Smith provided he doesn't get injured can score similar to a Kerridge/Petracca and be used as bench cover.

I don't plan on trading from here unless injuries come in. Aaron Hall I'm praying plays like he did last week for the rest of the season :)

Reactions: Back2theFuture

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Cheers mate. If I move Kerridge this week to an upgrade it will leave me with 4 trades.

Yeah I need a little luck to go my way in terms of injuries etc. I'm thinking Clay Smith provided he doesn't get injured can score similar to a Kerridge/Petracca and be used as bench cover.

I don't plan on trading from here unless injuries come in. Aaron Hall I'm praying plays like he did last week for the rest of the season :)

Rest assured the Suns won't be easy beats this weekend, and the likes of Hall, KK, Malceski will have a lot to prove as the Suns have been poor. I don't suspect Brisbane will be trying too hard to go one game clear of Essendon, maybe a player rested here or there, a changed line up maybe, but here's hoping that the QClash fires up the Suns, I have just drafted in bargain basement players Lynch and Malceski (upside please) and Hall/Ablett appear to be over their form/injury slumps. Who knows maybe they may start to fire, that's the plan anyway....

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Currently sitting approx 28,000 in my first year back, the team is not vanilla, unorthodox with a few POD. I try to pick the Plus ones from each team knowing that their intercept marks and setting up play across half back are very handy when it comes to scoring in SC. The slaughter round where I lost NicNat, Dahlhaus and Tippett was a setback but I have since invested in sub premo players to try to make up the difference.
Players like Mitchell, Hall, Parker have been carried through the lean times but I see clear road ahead now and will salvage what I can in the remaining rounds, hoping for a top 10,000 finish. Please feel free to provide any feedback, trades are diminishing but I have enough to cover any major losses.
Hahaha Reece Conca! There are dozens of us with him!

My advice is to aim for the ultra premos. I remember in my first few years of SC I was infatuated with value options (I still can't resist a few), but you absolutely need to have the ultra premos like Pendles.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Top 6 and top 8 players on lines are the top players for a reason. I don't mind a sneaky top 10-12 value pick or two but I try to get the best players on each line full stop. Price doesn't matter much to me usually.

Reactions: Dino

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
With my hand forced on moving on Adams this week, this is what my "final team" will look like as of this week.

Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Laird, Bartel, McVeigh (Collins, Lee)
Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ablett, Hannebery, Neale, Selwood, Parker, Liberatore (Trengove, Phillips, Joyce)
Goldstein, Martin (Smith)
Martin, Zorko, Deledio, Wells, Montagna, Hall (Petracca, Hammelmann)

Little bit annoyed at having no ruck cover, and my bench won't be as deep as I had planned (Lee was to become my last upgrade with Adams and Collins covering multiple lines). This leaves me with 50k and 6 trades.

Very interested in Clay Smith this week. May look at getting him in as bench cover similar to the Wallis move last year.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
With my hand forced on moving on Adams this week, this is what my "final team" will look like as of this week.

Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ablett, Hannebery, Neale, Selwood, Parker, Liberatore (Trengove, Phillips, Joyce)

Little bit annoyed at having no ruck cover, and my bench won't be as deep as I had planned (Lee was to become my last upgrade with Adams and Collins covering multiple lines). This leaves me with 50k and 6 trades.

Very interested in Clay Smith this week. May look at getting him in as bench cover similar to the Wallis move last year.

Clay Smith is a bold call I don't mind, contested possessions and tackling I think take out his sub games his 2013 average was over 80

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015

Great team, very nicely done.

Reactions: Steve

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
grrr, 2 more trades i am will be done, just cant make my mind up on whether to get Gawn or Martin for NicNat

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Hahaha Reece Conca! There are dozens of us with him!

My advice is to aim for the ultra premos. I remember in my first few years of SC I was infatuated with value options (I still can't resist a few), but you absolutely need to have the ultra premos like Pendles.

Conca should get better but I'm not holding my breath, he has a mature body unlike the rookies on offer and his Mid/Fwd status no doubt sucked a few in as you say. Apart from butchering the ball, having no heart and being injury prone, he may get more of the ball given Cotchin and Deledio are copping hard tags. Apart from all of that, he has a small upside and I'm a tiger believer that he will one day reach the potential that the scouts saw in him.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Clay Smith is a bold call I don't mind, contested possessions and tackling I think take out his sub games his 2013 average was over 80
I just burst out laughing at the thought of this. With Cox and Phillips out, Wells and Barlow on the pine, I need to trade to save a donut.

The reason I cracked up is at the thought of going Trengove (who isn't even an emergency) to Smith.

My bench cover would then consist of Conca (popped his hammy 3 times) and Smith (done his knee 3 times).

I soooo wanna do it just for the laugh.

Reactions: k-red17 and Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I just burst out laughing at the thought of this. With Cox and Phillips out, Wells and Barlow on the pine, I need to trade to save a donut.

The reason I cracked up is at the thought of going Trengove (who isn't even an emergency) to Smith.

My bench cover would then consist of Conca (popped his hammy 3 times) and Smith (done his knee 3 times).

I soooo wanna do it just for the laugh.
Morabito is pretty cheap... Perfect for M11!

Reactions: Prospector and bat

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Listed as a test! Value!!!

I'm dead serious about Clay though :p
Me too. If he has anything over 70ish then I'm strongly considering him for Trengove, even Phillips or Lee if they're still out.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Of the lads with the finished teams how many of your mids are sub 500k?