Bye rounds part 2.14

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hi all. Hope everyone is doing ok.

This week I've decided to go hard with the 3 trades. 2 downgrades to generate some cash with a plan to do one upgrade. $580k in bank to do 1 upgrade. Will have 6 trades left after this round.

Just not sure where to target the upgrade though - mid or def.

DEF is pretty solid - Lloyd, Ridley, Haynes, Stewart, Docherty & Laird (bye). Rivers & B Williams bench
Thinking upgrade of Rivers to one of the bye free players - premo (L. Ryan) or mid pricer (Williams GWS)

MID/FWD - Macrae, Oliver, Fyfe, Danger, Cripps, Viney, Whitfield & Close (rooks on bench)

Considering Martin (Carlton) for DPP flexibiltiy and value (replace Close). I have Wingard :-( in FWD and would look to use him as cover across both lines going into finals as his output is pretty crap at the moment.

Any other thoughts/insights from community greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Prospector

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I have been thinking of J Martin too but not convinced. Not sure if I should go for someone like him or try to go for someone better. Would not be holding Wingard.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I hate this season....

I went Jelly thinking the gun premo mid would be best decision - Mummy decides to knee him in the head halfway through the game - :-(

Reactions: Seppo and Rupert

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I hate this season....

I went Jelly thinking the gun premo mid would be best decision - Mummy decides to knee him in the head halfway through the game - :-(
I am a Kelly owner as well. It sucks but hopefully he can bounce back quickly. I didn’t trade this week with an eye at upgrading McGrath (who im super happy with after i traded him in but it’s probably time to go with the matchups he’s got from here on out) to neale and goldstein to gawn. Unfortunately now it might be kelly to neale. I’d probably have to upgrade mcgrath to macrae after the doggies bye. That would leave me with 3-4 trades so it might actually be ok but I am expecting carnage the last week so i need two trades for that.