Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Good luck to all the coaches who will have the pleasure of having Gaz run around in your teams. Coaches like myself will just have to look on in envy.

Reactions: BigKev

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Have to trade out Bennell to get gaz but I think it's worth it.

I did this last week and think it is worth it. Especially considering we don't know when or even if he will be back.

Bennell is one of my most disappointing starting picks this year. I considered him a lock. How wrong could I have been? :oops:

Reactions: Steve

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Bennell has let us all down.

Like the kid with a safety pin in the blow-up world - he's let the school down, he's let the team down, he's let his Mum and Dad down, he's let us all down ...

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I was intent on keeping Bennell but it looks like I might move him on for Gaz now. I share the disappointment, especially because when he's actually taken to the park, he's been pretty good. Just too few and far between. It means that for now I have Mckernan and Steele being loopholed through F6 until I decide which forward to turn Wallis into. On the plus side... all aboard the Gaz train!

Reactions: Dino

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
It means that for now I have Mckernan and Steele being loopholed through F6 until I decide which forward to turn Wallis into. On the plus side... all aboard the Gaz train!

I suspect that you decide that the forward you bring in for Wallis is Bartel. :)

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
It means that for now I have Mckernan and Steele being loopholed through F6 until I decide which forward to turn Wallis into. On the plus side... all aboard the Gaz train!
I am in exactly the same situation yet slightly different. Steele and McKernan would be my F6/7 but if I used Bennell to get Gaz, I would be stuck with Boston and only have Amon as mid cover. I think I am better off upgrading Boston to Rocky and if I have too, trade Bennell to another fwd premo.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I am in exactly the same situation yet slightly different. Steele and McKernan would be my F6/7 but if I used Bennell to get Gaz, I would be stuck with Boston and only have Amon as mid cover. I think I am better off upgrading Boston to Rocky and if I have too, trade Bennell to another fwd premo.

People forget how good Rocky has been. I reckon a lot of people will completely destroy their teams flexibility and structure just to get Gaz in. If it doesn't work for you then don't do it. Rocky is an awesome get at 510k and I reckon he will want to make up for lost time. A 120 avg from here will soften the blow of not getting Gaz but you would hate to get to round 20, and be out of trades with your bench cover not playing and your team looking like Swiss cheese.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
People forget how good Rocky has been. I reckon a lot of people will completely destroy their teams flexibility and structure just to get Gaz in. If it doesn't work for you then don't do it. Rocky is an awesome get at 510k and I reckon he will want to make up for lost time. A 120 avg from here will soften the blow of not getting Gaz but you would hate to get to round 20, and be out of trades with your bench cover not playing and your team looking like Swiss cheese.
Yeah don't completely hamstring your team just to get him, make him option and priority number one but if it just doesn't make sense for your team then Rocky is a good consolation. That being said I'm probably taking myself down to 2 trades with Bennel still in after getting Gaz this week.

Reactions: Dino and Steve

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Absolutely agree Steve and JDog. A better balanced team will always win out for me over having Gaz and relying on rookies at M8 & F6. I also think a lot of coaches will destroy their teams structure by going all out to get Gaz. More than happy with my decision.

Im down to 2 trades after getting in Rocky and still have Bennell to deal with. He can sit on my bench until I have a league game that is in the balance and I need those few extra points

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
From Fantasy Freako ‏@FantasyFreako

Which player ranks No.1 in the AFL for #SuperCoach points (average) in fourth quarters this year?
The answer is obvious. @GaryAblettJnr ranks No.1 with an average of 41 points in 4th quarters, ahead of @toddgoldstein22 (32).

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
GAJ plays GWS this round.
His previous scores against the Giants:
2014 - 145
2013 - 164, 160
2012 - 126, 125

That's an average of 144. :eek: :D

Reactions: TomCat

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I just brought him in this week. BE of about 119. He won't go down in price much more. I was going to keep Sloane for the finals, and get rid of Griffen for Ablett, but decided to get rid of Sloane instead. I only have 2 trades left and $175,000 in the bank so I can upgrade someone (Oxley) and leave 1 trade for the finals. Or 2 trades for the finals. I just hope the players I had from the start of the season and persisted with (Malceski, Griffen) finally perform in the last few games when I need them.

My team now stands at;

B: Shaw, McDonald, Hodge, Ibbotson, Malceski, Oxley (Hamling, Edwards)
M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Parker, Jack, Griffen, Rockliff, Ablett (Krakouer, Neal-Bullen, Lambert)
R: Goldstein, Naitanui (O'Brien)
F: Martin, Gray, Swan, Zorko, Bontempelli, Steele (Daniel, Goddard)