Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
In case anyone missed them SC have made some changes to cover the byes in rounds 10-11:
an extra 4 trades - total now 34
best 18 for any round with less than 9 games - that's currently rnds.10-11
3 trades for each of rnds.9-12 - to help prepare for and recover from the bye rounds

atm I don't know how this will impact my trades.
I'll probably need most of tomorrow to consider.

More changes are likely to come when the AFL releases rnds.13-18. Yes, the AFL has said that a rnd.18 is on the cards.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I think they have brought the fun back into the game. Going to be so hard next year going back to normal trades.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I am probably about to tank my season with my second trade this week...but why not go for it in this crazy year? After Baz I'm looking at McGrath and below are my reasons:
  • I think with those extra trades and way too much cash built up in the bank I can go 6-up, 2-down over the next three weeks if I'm not overspending.
  • He is young and that is something I still am going to demand when trading in players (even with the extra trades).
  • Essendon do not have a bye.
  • He has been durable.
  • He plays Adelaide this week.
  • He is not going to get tagged.
  • In the games where he got his lowest 2 SC scores of the year (against Carlton and Bulldogs) he was named BoG for Essendon. I'm banking that he is going to be at the top of the BoG voting for them most of the year and that those two scores are outliers when he has such an effect on games.
  • If he goes 105 the rest of the year it's probably a resounding win with how most of all the other top mids are performing right now. I will back him in for that being a 22-yr-old first choice midfielder in a super compressed season.
  • I desperately need any of the 3 rookie options I have at m8 off of my field and I just don't think Yeo/Coniglio/Tim Kelly/etc around $500k is going to be significantly better (if at all). I'm also not paying $550k+ for anyone not named Neale in the mids this year.
Also, he really doesn't take marks and I'm fully aware this is probably going to blow up in my face lol, but I'm sitting inside of the top 5k with a warchest built up so it's now or never.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I am probably about to tank my season with my second trade this week...but why not go for it in this crazy year? After Baz I'm looking at McGrath and below are my reasons:
A brave move.

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
So I have been tinkering with the team today and worked out that I have just enough cash to do Pittonet to Gawn and Simpkin to Macrae this week (I am hearing Simpkin may miss due to ankle injury). Other option is I could upgrade a rookie to Bailey Smith (and keep Simpkin) instead of bringing in Macrae and then could have M/F cover.

If Simpkin not named I think I'll just go Macrae...

Still not certain about the idea of spending all that cash Gawn instead of doing double upgrade elsewhere on field.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Seen on twitter:
"The record for fastest player to 5 career V/@AFL career games has stood since 1897.
If GEEL debut a player this weekend and he plays every game through to Round 12, he would own the record outright."

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Fantasy are doing things differently than SC and Real Dream Team:
3 trades every round
2020 averages for players on bye BUT player must have been in the playing 22 the previous week
a rolling lock-out for rnd.s 9-12 - and maybe longer depending upon fixture

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
Does anyone still have BZT, Brander or D Cameron at all? I have them all on my bench & I'm wondering if they are going to appear again. I see Brander if off the injury list so hopefully he can reappear soon.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Does anyone still have BZT, Brander or D Cameron at all? I have them all on my bench & I'm wondering if they are going to appear again. I see Brander if off the injury list so hopefully he can reappear soon.

Cameron named to play this weekend as for the other 2 I wouldn't be surprised if we see them during the frezy coming up..

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So I have been tinkering with the team today and worked out that I have just enough cash to do Pittonet to Gawn and Simpkin to Macrae this week (I am hearing Simpkin may miss due to ankle injury). Other option is I could upgrade a rookie to Bailey Smith (and keep Simpkin) instead of bringing in Macrae and then could have M/F cover.

If Simpkin not named I think I'll just go Macrae...

Still not certain about the idea of spending all that cash Gawn instead of doing double upgrade elsewhere on field.
I assume you've listened to this week's podcast?
If you haven't I suggest you do before deciding on Pittonet. They have an extended discussion on what to do with Pittonet.

fwiw I don't have Pittonet but if I did I'd trade him - just not to Gawn.
Maybe to English? As a stepping stone?

Last edited:

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I've got B Z-T and Brander and hoping both get games.
I think Brander is the more likely as he looked like he had good JS before he was injured. afaik he's just had the one practice match since recovering so maybe it's just a matter of match fitness.
B Z-T I'm less sure about. I thought with Hooker out he might get a game but Francis got the nod instead.
Still, as @Doddy says, the compacted fixture makes it more likely than not.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I assume you've listened to this week's podcast?
If you haven't I suggest you do before deciding on Pittonet. They have an extended discussion on what to do with Pittonet.

fwiw I don't have Pittonet but if I did I'd trade him - just not to Gawn.
Mayne to English? As a stepping stone?

Haven't heard podcast yet - better go listen ;-) It is an Interesting dilema - Gawn normally doesn't score so well against Brisbane but they have lost Stef Martin for a few weeks.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Haven't heard podcast yet - better go listen ;-) It is an Interesting dilema - Gawn normally doesn't score so well against Brisbane but they have lost Stef Martin for a few weeks.
Yeah, Gawn doesn't normally score well against Brisbane but with only a McInerney/Smith combo?
With a 124BE you'd think Gawn will rise in price again.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Yeah, Gawn doesn't normally score well against Brisbane but with only a McInerney/Smith combo?
With a 124BE you'd think Gawn will rise in price again.

I've gone Macrae & BSmith in for Ceglar & Green (Rookie). Sorry Max....I'm too much of a tight arse ;-)

Reactions: Mick

KentKingsleysGoalKikCoach

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 24, 2017
Is anyone interested in Ben Mckay? 150k def rookie, on the bubble and started with an 86.

Any Roos fans here? What's his job security like?

oilersfan99

Mar 16, 2016
I wanted to get some people opinions on Brad Ebert. Am thinking of possibly going Devon Smith to him, but am not sold on it as of yet.
Looks pretty solid in his stat line, but i don't know alot about him otherwise. Thoughts?
Fwd line at this stage is Petracca, Whitfield, Martin, B Smith, D Smith and Rankine.