Round 5 Discussion

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Tough week on the injury front.
Naismith, Fyfe, Howe all well selected and now out.

Luckily missed the Naismith injury but copped both Fyfe and Howe.

Howe is a given with a move to Llyod on the cards.

Fyfe not so easy need a little more info on the injury.
Thinking I may hold atm to stop going on a sideways round a bout.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

Same here. Looking to hold Fyfe and trade Howe.
More undecided on Z Jones.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
I loaded up with cash last week to bring in Gawn for Naismith this week but am also stuck with Howe. Crisp seems to be the only decent pick I can bring in with my available funds. Am I missing anyone else?

It has been a brutal season so far.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I loaded up with cash last week to bring in Gawn for Naismith this week but am also stuck with Howe. Crisp seems to be the only decent pick I can bring in with my available funds. Am I missing anyone else?

Ridley at 410k is definitely one to consider, quite a few looking at him

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

Fyfe is min 2 weeks based on latest injury report - I'd nearly expect it to be 3 given the risk with soft tissue injuries this year. Would Freo risk bringing him back early???

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Fyfe is min 2 weeks based on latest injury report - I'd nearly expect it to be 3 given the risk with soft tissue injuries this year. Would Freo risk bringing him back early???

Wouldn't think so, but I'm going to try and trade around him and hope he becomes a POD on return.
I know points are playing a big part of this season, going down that road may leave us well short of even going close to a full premo squad.
I will be going my upmost to keep guys on the pine where possible.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Wouldn't think so, but I'm going to try and trade around him and hope he becomes a POD on return.
I know points are playing a big part of this season, going down that road may leave us well short of even going close to a full premo squad.
I will be going my upmost to keep guys on the pine where possible.

I actually have enough cash to do Howe to Ridley and Fyfe to Neale. I messed out on Neale and sort of feel that maybe I should go for a different approach.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

Assuming you have a few dollars to go up beyond Crisp at $5085K there are quite a few backs around his price point who look to be decent options:
Sicily - $523K
Maynard - $517K
Haynes - $514K
Saad - $4985K

Admittedly it's hard to tell which will continue to score well. I don't think thar relying on past performance is necessarily a good guide. The shortened games have altered the SC scoring landscape considerably.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I would hold Fyfe this week. With what is going on with the virus and border closers I can see a 14 day break while they move players into hubs. We have seen how Gawn has recovered with a break. If we do have another one Fyfe will have recovered by the time we restart.
Probably won't happen, but if it does worth thinking about. He's not going to drop any money and can be used as a loophole.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Assuming you have a few dollars to go up beyond Crisp at $5085K there are quite a few backs around his price point who look to be decent options:
Sicily - $523K
Maynard - $517K
Haynes - $514K
Saad - $4985K

Admittedly it's hard to tell which will continue to score well. I don't think thar relying on past performance is necessarily a good guide. The shortened games have altered the SC scoring landscape considerably.

Thanks, mate. Agree they look to be the best of the bunch. I feel like Crisp is the most proven of this group (I already have Sicily).

Reactions: Rupert

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Brander out is a big loss for me.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Brander out is a big loss for me.

Defence is looking pretty thin for me too. Howe (to be traded) but then have Brander, Noble & BZerk not selected. Hoping Rivers makes the cut for Sunday game.

I am thinking of using some DPP magic this week to get Brander FWD so I can loop hole King’s score from last night. Then I can bring in Stephen Hill into DEF.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
was sitting about 1,200th overall before this weekend.. On target to get 1,900 my worst in a long long time for a round 5 score..

Traded Zac Williams to Crisp after long considering Maynard/Daniel... :(
Trades Fyfe to Mccrae after initially thinking Boak was the man.. . :(

Reactions: Bombers56

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
was sitting about 1,200th overall before this weekend.. On target to get 1,900 my worst in a long long time for a round 5 score..

Oops!

Reactions: k-red17

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016

Mate, I’ve got absolutely no idea about this season. I am an American, living in America...so I always trade, set my team, and go to sleep right before the first Saturday games. This led to me stuffing round 3 up so badly I dropped to 40,885 overall afterwards. I am used to the occasional late out making me pay a bit, but when I woke up to a game cancelled (I had 6 players in that game, including trading in Rivers lol) I figured my season was over. I almost apologized to the players in my leagues.

Somehow, the last two weeks my team has figured it out and I’m up to 4738 overall. Hell, I’m not even sure how much I care. We’re botching coronavirus so badly over here (again) it dampens things. I’m just going to take this season for what it is, a rollercoaster, and try to enjoy it since scores are going to be so crazy.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a competitive guy lol. Along with the round 3 disaster, I held back a trade after round 1(was considering Bont to Neale) — I haven’t done the math, but I’m pretty sure my ranking would be in the double digits right now had I gotten both of those things right. And that bothers me haha

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Mate, I’ve got absolutely no idea about this season. I am an American, living in America...so I always trade, set my team, and go to sleep right before the first Saturday games. This led to me stuffing round 3 up so badly I dropped to 40,885 overall afterwards. I am used to the occasional late out making me pay a bit, but when I woke up to a game cancelled (I had 6 players in that game, including trading in Rivers lol) I figured my season was over. I almost apologized to the players in my leagues.

Somehow, the last two weeks my team has figured it out and I’m up to 4738 overall. Hell, I’m not even sure how much I care. We’re botching coronavirus so badly over here (again) it dampens things. I’m just going to take this season for what it is, a rollercoaster, and try to enjoy it since scores are going to be so crazy.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a competitive guy lol. Along with the round 3 disaster, I held back a trade after round 1(was considering Bont to Neale) — I haven’t done the math, but I’m pretty sure my ranking would be in the double digits right now had I gotten both of those things right. And that bothers me haha
I feel for you.
It's hard enough to play SC here in Aus with all the in and outs and late changes. To play half a world and several time-zones away.... Not to mention cancelled games.
Congrat.s on the good recovery. To be back up to top 5,000 in only a couple of rounds is outstanding.

I understand about the "I'm not even sure how much I care". You're not Robinsoe Crusoe.
For a start, the changes to the SC scoring due to the shortened games have made previous seasons a less than reliable guide. Add in fixture changes and hubs and all and we're operating on a fair degree of guess work. Informed guesses, perhaps, but far less certainty than previous years.
Additionally, the impact of the coronavirus on life in the USA must be dis-heartening.

For myself, I'm treating this season as a one-off: not to be taken too seriously and an opportunity to try some out-of-the box trades.

All the best to you and yours.