Round 3 Discussion

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So with Dusty being ruled out does this change your trade plans?

My mids are an issue with Jelly, Bont and Danger all stinking it up.

Naismith also out really puts a spanner in the works, The Pin will be most likely a replacement which leaves me one to use for either cash or replacement.

A real head scratcher this week.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
So with Dusty being ruled out does this change your trade plans?

My mids are an issue with Jelly, Bont and Danger all stinking it up.

Naismith also out really puts a spanner in the works, The Pin will be most likely a replacement which leaves me one to use for either cash or replacement.

A real head scratcher this week.
I am in the same boat. Been wanting to trade Kelly all week and was going to go Naismith to Pittonet. Now thinking of going Dusty to Pittonet (I have had Cameron from the start) and Kelly to Fyfe. Will leave me $400K to upgrade Naismith to Gawn next week.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I am in the same boat. Been wanting to trade Kelly all week and was going to go Naismith to Pittonet. Now thinking of going Dusty to Pittonet (I have had Cameron from the start) and Kelly to Fyfe. Will leave me $400K to upgrade Naismith to Gawn next week.
I've also had Cameron, and do like this idea. Would be nice to have a little more info on Dusty and how long they reckon he could be out for.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
No Dusty, thankfully. Also, no Naismith.
Just a few premium mids under-performing: Macrae, Jelly and Dangerfield.

My only real concern: do I trade out the under-performers or bring in Sturt/Georgiades?
Points on field v cash generation.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
I am desperate for a win as playing for league and 0-2. Current issues are Dusty, Roberton and Nic Nat.
Currently with cash in bank can go to petracca and Nic Nat to Goldstein. A few thousand short of gawn.
Having a look at goodies next month is almost as good as gawn. What are people's thoughts?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I am desperate for a win as playing for league and 0-2. Current issues are Dusty, Roberton and Nic Nat.
Currently with cash in bank can go to petracca and Nic Nat to Goldstein. A few thousand short of gawn.
Having a look at goodies next month is almost as good as gawn. What are people's thoughts?
I like them both.
Goldstein has started the year really well and does have a good fixture. He also had a really good second half last year. From rnd.15 on he went huge - until rnd.23 v Gawn. He's also rarely off the ground - 98% and 100% TOG.
Petracca is looking like a top fwd, too. If he continues in the mids.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Seeking some feedback/thoughts on my team please.

I have the 1 trade left for the round and pondering some options.
I have about $100k cash.
Traded Dusty to Rozee already this round.

upload_2020-6-19_13-30-12.png

Pain points:
Under performers - Jelly, Danger & Laird
Have injured Naismith (R3 at the moment) - so could wait for Naismith to return OR trade in Pittonet. Would generate some cash sooner but probably not a high priority because I've got Ceglar for R/F cover.

I could also do:
Jelly up to Neale or other (although not so keen on side-swapping premo)
OR
Generate some cash by swapping T.Green (GWS Mid $166k) to Bennell ($124k) - make $42k and keep Bennell on bench.

Keeping BZerker for now as a loophole and Xerri for R/F loophole. Rest of the team I'm pretty happy with.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Orallus_Maximus
I'd like to help but I find it difficult to proffer specific advice on other teams.
However, for general advice: are you more interested in points on field or cash generation?
If points on field:
side-swapping premiums isn't too bad if you are convinced that the premium you let go won't return to their better scoring anytime soon, e.g. Laird
in a shortened season you may not have time to make up the points lost in the early rounds
If cash generation:
I'd look to trade out any non-playing rookies, e.g. Green

But do you need to make another trade this week?

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Seeking some feedback/thoughts on my team please.

I have the 1 trade left for the round and pondering some options.
I have about $100k cash.
Traded Dusty to Rozee already this round.

View attachment 1440

Pain points:
Under performers - Jelly, Danger & Laird
Have injured Naismith (R3 at the moment) - so could wait for Naismith to return OR trade in Pittonet. Would generate some cash sooner but probably not a high priority because I've got Ceglar for R/F cover.

I could also do:
Jelly up to Neale or other (although not so keen on side-swapping premo)
OR
Generate some cash by swapping T.Green (GWS Mid $166k) to Bennell ($124k) - make $42k and keep Bennell on bench.

Keeping BZerker for now as a loophole and Xerri for R/F loophole. Rest of the team I'm pretty happy with.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Kelly is a late out. I’d trade him straight to Neale if you can.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Orallus_Maximus
Came back to amend my first post to Jelly->Neale but @Benj beat me to it.
It's the obvious. Especially since it's "calf tightness" and he missed 5 games with a calf problem last year.

Reactions: Prospector and Benj

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Bugger - missed that opportunity. I had to go out so made an early decision to bring in Pittonet for Naismith...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Whitfield done with concussion to continue to rub salt in the wounds of SC coaches.
What a dismal round this is going to be.

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
This a belter game.