Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I had a good week largely due to a few of my PODs scoring well: Lycett "c", Cunnington and Ziebell.
The big issue for rnd.16 might be the status of Gawn - how injured is he? will he play? According to Goodwin he should be OK but who knows?
I brought in Lycett for just such a situation but I'm a little conflicted. As a footy lover I want Gawn to play but if he doesn't it would be really good for my SC team.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
SuperCoach AFL: Caleb Daniel will miss 3-4 weeks with a hamstring injury, Western Bulldogs says.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Rocky got 50+ possessions in the SANFL on the weekend. Is he worth bringing into to a team if you don’t have him already?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Rocky got 50+ possessions in the SANFL on the weekend. Is he worth bringing into to a team if you don’t have him already?
I don't think so. His injury history in recent years suggests he won't necessarily make it through to the end of the season.
He might, but is it worth the risk?

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I had a good week largely due to a few of my PODs scoring well: Lycett "c", Cunnington and Ziebell.
The big issue for rnd.16 might be the status of Gawn - how injured is he? will he play? According to Goodwin he should be OK but who knows?
I brought in Lycett for just such a situation but I'm a little conflicted. As a footy lover I want Gawn to play but if he doesn't it would be really good for my SC team.

I heard Gawn is likely to miss.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Could be a lot of coaches in trouble with Caleb out, doubts over Gawn, Danger and not to mention Cripps to miss again this week.

jabroni

Mar 8, 2019
gawn, danger and cripps all tentative is going to cripple a lot of teams this week

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Any love for Jeremy Cameron this week? Has a decent run home and is well priced. Has had a quiet few weeks but usually bounces back after a spell like this.

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Any love for Jeremy Cameron this week? Has a decent run home and is well priced. Has had a quiet few weeks but usually bounces back after a spell like this.

Never averaged over 90 before, and is currently cheaper than he started the season. Puts in the odd big score but like most key forwards has too many low scores. Not on my radar.

A bit of value at the price i guess, but he will likely be cheaper again next week.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hi community. Seeking some advice/thoughts please. With this in mind I thought I'd produce a small novel below... ;-)

With team selections/injuries I am facing some potential carnage this week. Have 8 trades left & $78k cash. Currently 2 donuts on field. Duursma is my only bench cover (a few rookie players not named - on extended bench/emergency so not guaranteed a game).

Current team:
DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Laird, Crisp, Andrews, Logue [Duursma, Gardner]
MID: Macrae, JKelly, Fyfe, Oliver, Sloane, Walsh, DClarke, Cripps (Inj) [Drew, Baker, Bewley]
RUC: Grundy, Westhoff [Mummy (Inj.)]
FWD: Danger, TKelly, Billings, Gray, J Cameron, Daniels (inj) [Burgess, Bines]

Planning to trade Daniels to Chol (warm body on field + cash generation). Leaves me with $508k cash meaning I can upgrade to pretty much anyone across any line.

Thinking to upgrade either of Drew/Baker/Bewley to a MID premo:
Neale $555k
Zorko $ 540k
Bont $ 542k
Dunkley $ 624k (very expensive but has DPP which might provide felxibility)

Is it worth considering other risky mid pricers eg: Dusty $521k ? Rocky $477k ?

I would like to enough cash left over to upgrade Duursma to Premo DEF & Mummy to Gawn in a couple of weeks if possible.

Looking for league wins but would love to go up the rankings a bit as well (currently worst SC season I've ever had - currently sitting 45k :-( ).

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hi community. Seeking some advice/thoughts please. With this in mind I thought I'd produce a small novel below... ;-)

With team selections/injuries I am facing some potential carnage this week. Have 8 trades left & $78k cash. Currently 2 donuts on field. Duursma is my only bench cover (a few rookie players not named - on extended bench/emergency so not guaranteed a game).

Current team:
DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Laird, Crisp, Andrews, Logue [Duursma, Gardner]
MID: Macrae, JKelly, Fyfe, Oliver, Sloane, Walsh, DClarke, Cripps (Inj) [Drew, Baker, Bewley]
RUC: Grundy, Westhoff [Mummy (Inj.)]
FWD: Danger, TKelly, Billings, Gray, J Cameron, Daniels (inj) [Burgess, Bines]

Planning to trade Daniels to Chol (warm body on field + cash generation). Leaves me with $508k cash meaning I can upgrade to pretty much anyone across any line.

Thinking to upgrade either of Drew/Baker/Bewley to a MID premo:
Neale $555k
Zorko $ 540k
Bont $ 542k
Dunkley $ 624k (very expensive but has DPP which might provide felxibility)

Is it worth considering other risky mid pricers eg: Dusty $521k ? Rocky $477k ?

I would like to enough cash left over to upgrade Duursma to Premo DEF & Mummy to Gawn in a couple of weeks if possible.

Looking for league wins but would love to go up the rankings a bit as well (currently worst SC season I've ever had - currently sitting 45k :-( ).

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

I’m guessing people still haven’t had time to finish my SC version of War & Peace ;-)

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I’m guessing people still haven’t had time to finish my SC version of War & Peace ;-)
I find it hard enough to decide on my own trades but I'll have a shot.
In answer to your specific question:
I'm not a big fan of trading in either Dusty or Rocky. Rocky's injury history is poor and his DT:SC ratio no better.
Dusty has been spending a lot of time in the mids but it hasn't translated into SC scores. In his last two games he's had 30+ possessions for only 108 and 100SC. It looks like his high scoring SC days depended upon impact/quality rather than quantity and with an increase in quantity his impact/quality has decreased. Or so it seems to me.
As for more general thoughts:
with only $78K I suppose you have no real alternative to trading out Daniel to get the cash to upgrade a mid rookie.
I think most would recommend Neale - still the highest averaging mid and a good price.
Sloane would be my preference - $535,300 and averaging 115.9 if you take out his injury-affected 35 in rnd.11.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I find it hard enough to decide on my own trades but I'll have a shot.
In answer to your specific question:
I'm not a big fan of trading in either Dusty or Rocky. Rocky's injury history is poor and his DT:SC ratio no better.
Dusty has been spending a lot of time in the mids but it hasn't translated into SC scores. In his last two games he's had 30+ possessions for only 108 and 100SC. It looks like his high scoring SC days depended upon impact/quality rather than quantity and with an increase in quantity his impact/quality has decreased. Or so it seems to me.
As for more general thoughts:
with only $78K I suppose you have no real alternative to trading out Daniel to get the cash to upgrade a mid rookie.
I think most would recommend Neale - still the highest averaging mid and a good price.
Sloane would be my preference - $535,300 and averaging 115.9 if you take out his injury-affected 35 in rnd.11.
If you can find a way to get Neale, I wouldn't be passing it up. He's been a treasure all year for me!

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
At what point are people throwing flipping there ruck cover to cover Gawn?

I have Lycett so I would need to decide by 4.05 to decide.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
At what point are people throwing flipping there ruck cover to cover Gawn?

I have Lycett so I would need to decide by 4.05 to decide.
I'm waiting as long as I can before deciding.
It depends upon how Chol scores: any decent score and Lycett moves to the rucks; any poor score and I'm hoping Gawn plays.
As Port doesn't play until 4.35 AEST I should have some idea of Chol's score even if it isn't his final score.

fwiw I don't think Gawn will play and Preuss has apparently been withdrawn from the VFL.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks for the feedback crew. I ended up going with Neale - very glad I did. Thanks again!
I should stop answering these questions. The players I suggest don't do any good - at least in the first week or two.
e.g. this week: Sloane - 84; last week: Parker - 106, 97