Pre-season 2019 - Burning Down the House

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Never too early to start strategising. The Herald Sun have said the 2019 team picker will be launched this week!

A thought I had yesterday is that with Docherty going down Nic Newman could be a nice option. He scored very well when playing as a HBF with the Swans. Price dependent of course. I'm actually not even sure if he'll be available as a DEF?....

Tom Williamson is another who could have a significant role due to the injury and should be a cheap option after missing the entire 2018 season.

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
Newman is an option worth considering and currently in my very early team but his roll needs to be clarified and rooks settled of course.(G&R my preferred strategy) he has potential to score well if allowed and I think caaarlton made a good choice getting him in. needs a 90.2 ave to be a success. that's a 20 ppg jump in ave. not so sure

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Newman is an option worth considering and currently in my very early team but his roll needs to be clarified and rooks settled of course.(G&R my preferred strategy) he has potential to score well if allowed and I think caaarlton made a good choice getting him in. needs a 90.2 ave to be a success. that's a 20 ppg jump in ave. not so sure

May not be out of the question, showed in 2016 that he can score pretty well with a 82 average, now at Carlton and no Doch down there you'd think that he will be only second behind Simpson. He should be well and truly on most watch lists.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Hoping it will continue - vets are beginning to discuss players and such ...

Reactions: tmac

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I am hoping they will.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I liked Newman but there are just so many good options in defence even with Doc & Blakely.

I'm big on Milera, obviously Z.Williams & I have Sicily & Whitfield ahead of some of the stalwarts like Laird, Simpson & Lloyd at this stage.

This news about Ablett going to be predominantly forward has me very interested in Tim Kelly, my first 3 picked up there are Danger, Heeney & Wingard.

Reactions: Drumpf and Toadvine

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I liked Newman but there are just so many good options in defence even with Doc & Blakely.

I'm big on Milera, obviously Z.Williams & I have Sicily & Whitfield ahead of some of the stalwarts like Laird, Simpson & Lloyd at this stage.

This news about Ablett going to be predominantly forward has me very interested in Tim Kelly, my first 3 picked up there are Danger, Heeney & Wingard.
Really liking the look of Kelly. I'm not a fan of having 2 players from the same club on the same line around bye time, but with DPP we should be able to make it work.

I had the same 3 forwards as you but Wingard is a huge red flag for me now.

Reactions: Drumpf

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Really liking the look of Kelly. I'm not a fan of having 2 players from the same club on the same line around bye time, but with DPP we should be able to make it work.

I had the same 3 forwards as you but Wingard is a huge red flag for me now.
I learned today that Kelly only spent 50% game time playing on the ball last season. Very, very interested in him now

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I learned today that Kelly only spent 50% game time playing on the ball last season. Very, very interested in him now

Don't expect that to be like 80% now but it's definitely going to increase.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
No I don’t think it’ll get that high but even 65-70% could see him reach 100+
I like Kelly as well however it depends on Geelong’s season. Geelong would need to be competitive for their fwds to do well. Danger is a different kettle of fish.
Also unsure of Kelly’s mental health?? Does he still want to play for geelong?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I like Kelly as well however it depends on Geelong’s season. Geelong would need to be competitive for their fwds to do well. Danger is a different kettle of fish.
Also unsure of Kelly’s mental health?? Does he still want to play for geelong?

He's a pro mate, dealt with the home-life stuff amazingly well last year & he's going to be wanting to be playing well to get the best possible contract back in WA & Geelong are going to want him playing well obviously for team success but also they want the highest possible pick for him, one knock on him is he can clanger it up a bit sometimes.

I REALLY like him as a pick this year, but have to admit he's not currently in my team, it's going to depend on injuries, rookie & ruck structures, but he's next in.