Round 10 Discussion & Trade Talk

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
20 trades - 67K
Would like your best trade moves this week. Any player I should bring in relation to Byes? Thanks

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Yeo, Doedee, Murray, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, T Kelly, Petracca, Holman (Barry, Brayshaw, Spargo)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, D Smith, Billings, Henry (Guelfi, Fritsch)

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Going to trade out Naughton this week (depending on Team sheet) doesn't give nuff for Sicily or Yeo. Thinking MacDonald in the back line. But got nuff for Hurley or Simpson. Not sure that Mac will hold this form. Any ideas guys

I assume you mean Tom McDonald (ie. not Luke or Oscar)?

I like him and looking to bring him in myself if I can manage it. He's got solid scoring potential, good form, POD and low BE (49). F/D swing which is also nice if you have Sicily (noting Melb & Hawks have different bye rounds = flexibility to swing between to maximise points on ground).

Hurley will drop quite a bit when he returns I think. BE approx 150 for two consecutive weeks and probably drop to about $476k at the Essendon BYE (based on SC STATS projections).

Simpson will have similar price for his RD 12 BYE.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
20 trades - 67K
Would like your best trade moves this week. Any player I should bring in relation to Byes? Thanks

MID: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, T Kelly, Petracca, Holman (Barry, Brayshaw, Spargo)

Maybe you could do some funky DPP moves to get cash or upgrade.

What about Murray > Sicily > Spargo > Ed Phillips = $277 Cash plus rookie on the bubble. Use Holman/Barry to take best bench score as they both have the byes.

Upgrade Billings to ...anyone else ;-) (perhaps Tom McDonald for D/F swing flexibility with Sicily)
or
T Kelly or Cogs to MacRae

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

What about Murray > Sicily > Spargo > Ed Phillips = $277 Cash plus rookie on the bubble. Use Holman/Barry to take best bench score as they both have the byes.

Upgrade Billings to ...anyone else ;-) (perhaps Tom McDonald for D/F swing flexibility with Sicily)
or

Just noticed another post (doddy2731) about TMac maybe being sore...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Those of you considering TMac be aware he left training early this morning.
Club saying it was precautionary and will be fine to play this weekend at this stage.
Apparently that foot injury flared up a little.

TMac = mean Tom McDonald?

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
TMac = mean Tom McDonald?
Yep. From Sam Edmund - @SammyHeraldSun
"Tom McDonald sent for scans on his troublesome foot after failing to get through training. @melbournefc coach Simon Goodwin confident the in-form swingman will play, but admitted it was “worrying” the injury has flared again. Was still sore from win over Blues."

Reactions: doddy2731

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018

or
@Dash You should look to get Murray or Henry off the field. One down and one up?? Base your upgrades on bye structure. I would get players with R14 bye this week and then fill in the other premo's after they have their byes. Potential for a double downgrade next week.

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Yep. From Sam Edmund - @SammyHeraldSun
"Tom McDonald sent for scans on his troublesome foot after failing to get through training. @melbournefc coach Simon Goodwin confident the in-form swingman will play, but admitted it was “worrying” the injury has flared again. Was still sore from win over Blues."
Typical. Thx for heads up

Reactions: Rupert

The Yank

Development Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Mar 12, 2016
20 trades - 67K

I would fix up your midfield spots. You really have three (Kelly, Petracca, Holman) who are on field. I'd try to dump Henry, slide Petracca to fwd, and then go up with Brayshaw to someone.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Just some thoughts on rookies:
- Phillips looks good
- Cumming - was on 5 points at 3QT, wouldn't touch and if he's named this week I'd be surprised
- McCartin - sneaky option if he's named again. Good raps on the kid and the Swans have a soft draw upcoming. Looked ok last week. Worth a punt if you need a forward rookie, so don't discount him.

Then the one-gamers:
- Smith - mature age. Crap first game last year but was looking awesome until he got injured (29 in a quarter essentially). But, beware the forward rookie who scores well in a flogging....
- Ridley - lots of touches but uncontested in a very uncontested game. Beware.
- Rice - this guy is my pick of this group. 17 touches in a loss with 8 intercept possessions. Needs to tackle more, but can't see why the Saints would drop rookies performing like this.
- D.Clarke - will only get better you'd assume, but couldn't pick him early unless you were desperate for the DPP.
- Lewis - nope on what we've seen.

As pointed out - beware on TMac with his foot concerns. That's ruled me out.

Also Yeo too who has injury concerns.

So for me, it might be Titch and Danger in this week with a double-down next week before I jump on some Port players.

Reactions: lenny

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
The other thing I haven't heard mentioned is De Goey at $450k. Is he an option?

Bock Choy

May 17, 2018
The main intent this week will be some rookie downgrades, depending on team selections and available options. Crowden is losing money and is the prime candidate. If there are suitable targets, I may also target either Murray (DEF) or Higgins (FWD) for downgrade. Having Yeo under a cloud may also stay my hand.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
@Dash You should look to get Murray or Henry off the field. One down and one up?? Base your upgrades on bye structure. I would get players with R14 bye this week and then fill in the other premo's after they have their byes. Potential for a double downgrade next week.
Any suggestions for the upgrade. Do you think Murray and Henry first or Brayshaw, who would be the two to go.
Cheers

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016

or
Would you focus on midfield or perhaps get Buddy with the R14 bye now?

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Carnage all over as well. Looks like it's goodbye to Murray and Finlayson and hello to Phillips and either Sicily, Yeo or I could get Naughton of the books and bring in Simpson. Will miss Murray he was a gem ( for a pie )

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Teams have made it obvious for me:
Kelly to Danger
Dunkley to Titch

Midfield done. Just a couple of forwards and backs to take care of now

Reactions: Prospector

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Bloody hell. I have four out in my backline with Murray, Finlayson, Keefe, Naughton all not playing. Also Coffield, Barry and Crowden out, so they can’t cover. 7 players out!!!

I was going to do Murray down to Phillips (via Coffield) and Kelly up to Danger but if I do that, I wear a doughnut in my defence. Should I go up to premo in defence to fix that hole, and look at danger next two weeks? If I go for Premo in defence, who? I have Yeo, Laird, Sicily and Lloyd already.