Round 10 Discussion & Trade Talk

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
I was all ready to bring in Oliver this week but now after finding out he broke his finger last week I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Who are the other value mids to bring in this week? Selwood is tempting....

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I was all ready to bring in Oliver this week but now after finding out he broke his finger last week I'm not sure that's a good idea.

As a Selwood owner I would steer clear. Has had a very average few weeks and its hard to know what's going on in the Geelong midfield. His good weeks were when one of Ablett or Duncan was missing. Plus he is the only Geelong mid that gets tagged. There is value there, but be wary.

Reactions: TomCat and Toadvine

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017

Unfortunately i brought in Oliver last week. Wouldhave loved to know he had a broken finger beforehand. Oh well. I'm weighing up whether to bring in Danger this week or maybe Jake Lloyd in the backline. He has a low BE. Dangers is 112 i think. I would love Macrae. Was out of Macrae and Oliver last week... i think i made the wrong choice. Is it too late for him now? Is he too expensive or worth it?

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

Danger, Titch and Bont look the best options to me this week (but be wary on Bont as per my next post - same applies to him as it does to Macrae)

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Unfortunately i brought in Oliver last week. Wouldhave loved to know he had a broken finger beforehand. Oh well. I'm weighing up whether to bring in Danger this week or maybe Jake Lloyd in the backline. He has a low BE. Dangers is 112 i think. I would love Macrae. Was out of Macrae and Oliver last week... i think i made the wrong choice. Is it too late for him now? Is he too expensive or worth it?
I think the horse is out the gate and about 20km down the road by now - he's bolted.

There's no way he maintains this average until the end of the year. Especially with some potential tags, including double Jacobs. The only thing that might save him is if Bont draws the tag away from him.

I fully expect Macrae to go 150 again this week against the Pies. It's the following 3 weeks (Demons, Port, North) where he might cop it and potentially go under 100. Then he faces those 3 teams again later in the year.

Far too risky at that price. Well done if you picked him earlier in the year, I ruled myself out of picking any Bulldog midfielder due to an unknown setup. For those like me who don't have him.... too late and here's hoping we can make up the ground elsewhere.

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
Danger, Titch and Bont look the best options to me this week (but be wary on Bont as per my next post - same applies to him as it does to Macrae)
Is there any rookies would consider to go one down one up to get once the above premos ?

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Help I have a major ruck dilemma!!!
I have Sam Jacobs. He has been pretty much rubbish since round 4. I have held till now but he is now down to $387k Down $126k from his starting price.

He scored 47 this week and I can't take anymore. I wanted to hold him until his Round 14 bye but his 136 BE this week means he will drop another $30k this week.

Possible options are Nic Nat. I can't go to Grundy too expensive.

Although one POD play I have been considering is Shaun McKernan at $305k. He is on the bubble this week and has a 104 Ave from his first two games this year. Not sure about his job security but he looked good and maybe woosha will stick with him...

Thoughts???

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I have Sam Jacobs. He has been pretty much rubbish since round 4. I have held till now but he is now down to $387k Down $126k from his starting price.

He scored 47 this week and I can't take anymore. I wanted to hold him until his Round 14 bye but his 136 BE this week means he will drop another $30k this week.

Although one POD play I have been considering is Shaun McKernan at $305k. He is on the bubble this week and has a 104 Ave from his first two games this year. Not sure about his job security but he looked good and maybe woosha will stick with him...

Thoughts???
Can you get to Ryder? You’d have to wear the one more price drop from Sauce but Paddy would be great through the byes

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

The Yank

Development Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Mar 12, 2016

Thoughts???
I'd just wait it out. He's not far off 'bottoming out' and then you can trade around byes. I wouldn't chase McKernan's points... You either want a premium, or stick it out with jacobs.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
I only have 3 rookies on field, Doedee, Kelly and Fristch. And I hate my team. Haha..doesn't help when your 2 PODs Shaw and Dunkley dish up 40s coming off tons.

Laird, Sicily, Simpson, Lloyd, Shaw, Doedee
Titchell, Fyfe, Oliver, Cripps, Dusty, ZMerret, Coniglio, Kelly
Gawn, Grundy
Heeney, McLean, D.Smith, Taranto, Dunkley, Fristch

Went Murray to Lloyd this week since I wanted to do it last week.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

Thoughts???
Goldy is the other option who's not far away price-wise. Looked good on the weekend. Like the others, probably need to at least give it another week or wait until byes.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Can you get to Ryder? You’d have to wear the one more price drop from Sauce but Paddy would be great through the byes

Yeah I could get to Ryder this week but if he loses another $30k next week it will be tuff... I have been strongly considering Ryder and also Witts but I really wanna dump him this week... maybe Nic Nat is the best choice

Reactions: J-Dog

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Looking at getting buddy this week. The Sydney draw is looking really promising...but will have to take mccartin or go a week early on someone as I already have Phillips.

Reactions: Geoff123

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Looking at getting buddy this week. The Sydney draw is looking really promising...but will have to take mccartin or go a week early on someone as I already have Phillips.
Go a week early. There's a few good options there. Ridley, Clarke, Smith, Rice, maybe Heron... definitely the first four.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018

Yeah skip McCartin. I am a swans fan and I don't rate his job security. He has been shaky. Melican might come in as which might see him dropped. I would go early on Ridley from the bombers. He looked good

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Looks like Yeo out this week! Great now I might have to hold Jacobs and bring Cofield back into defence to cover

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Looks like Yeo out this week! Great now I might have to hold Jacobs and bring Cofield back into defence to cover
50/50 was the coaches quote.

If he is on the plane then you would expect him to play...

Fingers crossed caus I'll have to cover him with murphy

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Going to trade out Naughton this week (depending on Team sheet) doesn't give nuff for Sicily or Yeo. Thinking MacDonald in the back line. But got nuff for Hurley or Simpson. Not sure that Mac will hold this form. Any ideas guys