Rd 17 trades......

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
Well just read Cripps has a broken leg - out for the season- crap! Just traded him in last week! Zorko Zerett up there, it's annoying it's a week too early for Jelwood

Reactions: Mick

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Well just read Cripps has a broken leg - out for the season- crap! Just traded him in last week! Zorko Zerett up there, it's annoying it's a week too early for Jelwood
Sucks, I considered him but didn't really need a midfielder last week.

I don't know about Zerrett, I worry sides are paying a bit more attention to him as he stands out in that midfield. Zorko has less of an issue with Beams back and the Lions being easier to beat. Jelwood has been a roller-coaster this year.

Zorko's been mostly reliable, just 3 games under 109. The old "take out those games" and he's averaging 127. Zerrett and Jelwood both have high BE's while Zorko's is just 35, so won't be this cheap again this season.

So Zorko would be my man, but I can't promise the Tigers won't tag him this week and he scores 60 :cool:

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Howdy,
8 trades left amd 220k in the bank but have hanners, sloane, rocky, treloar and even bont to a lesser extent. Still holding scooter which i'll trade ti his bro next week.
Is it worth moving on treloar or hanners to bring in a player like zorko? Or should i keep just copping it on the chin? Problem is i decided 4 weeks ago to keep copping it and now their prices have dwindled and no improvement in decent scoring you'd expect from a premo.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Re zorko v martin... have to go zorko. Has a great finals match up. Only worry is when rocky comes back to form (please!) If that has an effect.

Reactions: captainchardonnay

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Waiting to hear about ZJones' knee but either Jones or Newman out and Jelwood in

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Anyone thinking Martin is carrying a bit of something? Scores of 106, 121, 121, 74 since the bye. I mean he's still scoring well but those massive scores seem to be eluding him at the moment.
Martin is a must have in DT/AF but Im still not sold on him in SC. Even though he will score well occasionally in SC he loves to butcher the ball, even though he gets a lot of it

Reactions: captainchardonnay

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Re zorko v martin... have to go zorko. Has a great finals match up. Only worry is when rocky comes back to form (please!) If that has an effect.
From what I've been able to discover it takes about 12-16 weeks for a dislocated shoulder to come good.
If this holds true for Rocky he should be coming good from about rnd.20 on.
He was injured on 13 May; he was out for 4 weeks and returned on 12 June ; he should be near his best 12 weeks after the initial injury - the 5 August - at the earliest.

Of course, that is just in general terms as the timing varies from person to person.

Reactions: Prospector

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
it seems that most of the top few thousand have the same sputtering midfield players, and if you want to gain a few spots, you're going to have to risk a bont > zorko type trade.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Looking for a good forward option. No one really standing out. My plan was to get Greene but his injury stopped that.

I currently have Dahlhaus, Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, Nankervis, F6?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Looking for a good forward option. No one really standing out. My plan was to get Greene but his injury stopped that.

I have that forward line plus Greene & Lynch, I don't know if that's helpful to you though.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I traded out Greenwood last week to avoid a donut, I'm seriously considering trading him back in this week.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I traded out Greenwood last week to avoid a donut, I'm seriously considering trading him back in this week.

What's your thinking behind that move?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

Ryder is probably the safe option.

If you wanted to gamble then Walters is your man.

Gray not the worst. Dixon going ok. Port have a nice run home, but do play some teams with strong key defenders.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What's your thinking behind that move?

A lot of gut involved :oops:, I think this rest is a huge signal of how important they see him to there short term future, I think he's locked into their 2nd line midfield rotation, only Sloane beats him for average tackles per game, 4th for them at contested ball behind Sloan & the 2 Crouchs, I see his average going up not down.

The big sign I'm looking for is Thompson being dropped for him.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Ryder is probably the safe option.

If you wanted to gamble then Walters is your man.

Gray not the worst. Dixon going ok. Port have a nice run home, but do play some teams with strong key defenders.

What do you think of Patton have seen his last 3 games and he's looking massive had he been able to get back on the park against Geelong he would have won it for them, but his good patch has coincided with Camerons quieter month.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
The big sign I'm looking for is Thompson being dropped for him.

This is definitely the sign your looking for and I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen. (Mind you I've been surprised a lot this year by team selections.) If you have plenty of trades left getting Greenwood back in could work for you. High risk high reward scenario.

I'm guessing you want him back so you have some decent bench cover?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
What do you think of Patton have seen his last 3 games and he's looking massive had he been able to get back on the park against Geelong he would have won it for them, but his good patch has coincided with Camerons quieter month.

I've got know idea what kind of player Patton is as I can't take my eyes off his unusual forehead and weird hairline.
Sounds like I've been missing some quality footy.