Your Fully-upgraded Team

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
So if I go through with my planned trades this week and then go Newman > Lloyd next week my team would be:

Doc, Adams, Laird, Roberton, Hibberd, Lloyd. Scharenberg, Ryan.

Danger, Pendles, Jelwood, Rocky, Fyfe, Beams, Dusty, Bont. Meyers, Greenwood, Bolton.

Witts, Sandi. Cameron.

Dahl, Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, Greene, Nank. Parsons, Eddy.

Would have 9 trades and not much cash at that point. I'm currently sitting at about 10,000th in the rankings. I ended up keeping Sandi because I had a couple of very easy games in my cash league and didn't need to trade him for points. He could become Gawn if Maxy comes back and fires.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Looking strong there Cactus, I don't think you'll be in 10,000th for long. Better team on paper than me & I'm 139th.
139th! Fantastic effort.

It is a hard balance to strike isn't it. I've had a couple of years where I went hard early then got to this stage of the season pretty highly ranked and then faded ... this year I tried to play the long game a bit more but I probably went too far the other way and I've left my run a bit late ...

Oh well, at least I should hit my cash league finals with some trades up my sleeve for once.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
So if I go through with my planned trades this week and then go Newman > Lloyd next week my team would be:

Doc, Adams, Laird, Roberton, Hibberd, Lloyd. Scharenberg, Ryan.
Danger, Pendles, Jelwood, Rocky, Fyfe, Beams, Dusty, Bont. Meyers, Greenwood, Bolton.

Witts, Sandi. Cameron.

Dahl, Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, Greene, Nank. Parsons, Eddy.

Would have 9 trades and not much cash at that point. I'm currently sitting at about 10,000th in the rankings. I ended up keeping Sandi because I had a couple of very easy games in my cash league and didn't need to trade him for points. He could become Gawn if Maxy comes back and fires.
I like the way Snrub thinks...

After side-swapping Newman -> Lloyd next week, this will be almost identical to my team. I'm also ranked around 10,000th. Scary :eek:

Backline - identical all the way to D8
Mids - Instead of Pendles/Fyfe/Dusty i have Titch/Sloane/Treloar. My bench will be Barrett/Myers/Cousins
Rucks - Identical except I have Strnadica
Forward - Identical except I have Ryder instead of Macrae and Greenwood instead of Eddy.

With limited variety in the forwards and back I can see many matches towards the end of the year where 80-90% of line-ups are identical.

Reactions: cactus

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Back: Doc, Laird, Adams, Hibberd, Tuohy, Lloyd - Scharenberg, Ryan

Mid: Danger, Hanners, Sloane, Jelwood, Cripps, Treloar, Bont, Pendles - Berry, Cousins, Greenwood

R: Sandi, Witts - Strnadica (Maybe Gawn in)

F: Macrae, Dahl, Yeo, Heeney, Lynch, Ryder - Parsons, Pickett

I have everyone but those in Bold. 10 trades left and $60k in the bank.

Next week I'll turn Newman into Doc.

Reactions: cactus

Nickjames5

Patron '17
Mar 12, 2017
Currently ranked mid 300's. At this stage I will be coming out of the byes with the below team and 9 trades in hand.

The plan is to eventually upgrade a bench player to Gawn and swing Ryder to the FWD bench. I'll also try and introduce a DEF/MID loophole into the Mids at some point.

DEF: Doc, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Simpson, Lloyd --- Ryan, Berry

MID: Danger, Neale, Jelwood, Rocky, Fyfe, Beams, Dusty, Treloar --- S Selwood, Bolton , Cousins.

RUC: Goldstein, Ryder --- Stranadica.

FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Yeo, Higgins, Greene, Lynch (GCS) --- Greenwood, Eddy