Trades before round 7

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
New
Im travelling well and want to bring in Macrae. Only issue is none of my rooks are ready to Downgrade/Upgrade. Was planning on holding Billings now that Ive kept him this long. So thoughts on

Option 1 -
Billings to Spargo (F6, 4 rooks in fwd)
Banfield (highest BE of rooks at 41)/Holman (BE 35) to Macrae (M6)

Now Macrae has BE of 115, Do I hold and hope that he has a stinker and doesnt increase while allowing my rooks to add some more value??

Option 2 -
Billings to Mundy and keep 100k in the bank and a trade to bring in a bubble option and macrae next week.

Option 3 -
Murray to Cole
Holman/Banfield to Macrae
Option 3 amd i woild keep holman. Low be and only plays crap on interstate trips

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Using the android app how can i move coffield from mid to def and then bonner to use as a mid trade?
Assuming it’s the same as the iOS app, go to trade Bonner, then select the “trade out” option at the bottom of your screen which will bring up a list of your current squad. Swipe right on Coffield and select the “S” that appears. Now go back to the “trade in” screen and you should be able to select midfielders to trade in

Reactions: Crackhead

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Assuming it’s the same as the iOS app, go to trade Bonner, then select the “trade out” option at the bottom of your screen which will bring up a list of your current squad. Swipe right on Coffield and select the “S” that appears. Now go back to the “trade in” screen and you should be able to select midfielders to trade in

Cheers! Legend

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'll be getting tricky with a whole lot of DPP swings and going Holman to McLean.

Keeping Billings for now... I dont trust him at all but if he sits at F6 and is worth 380-400k at the byes, then with no other issues I'll upgrade him to the best remaining forward.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Reckon there's a couple of upsets brewing this week. I reckon the 4 Anzac teams are at risk of being a bit flat this week. The short break last week was manageable, but would be worried the full effect will be felt this week.

In particular I think the Demons are in danger. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints jumped them and won by 40+ and Billings to score 130. Pies are also at risk, especially with travel. Dockers tend to do well against the Tigers and are in reasonable form.

Would therefore also be reluctant to captain anyone from these sides, including Gawn. Hickey is an average ruckman, but provides a contest and has nullified Gawn before.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'll be getting tricky with a whole lot of DPP swings and going Holman to McLean.

Keeping Billings for now... I dont trust him at all but if he sits at F6 and is worth 380-400k at the byes, then with no other issues I'll upgrade him to the best remaining forward.
Not sure about moving Holman. If he return to his 80+ scoring (4/6 so far) he'll make another $150k. You get a free-hit on him this week and if he plays as a defensive forward and scores 30 you've lost nothing. If he moves back to the midfield and scores 90 you'll be regretting it.

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
I'm not sure if Macrae is good value versus someone like Cripps (unless people already have Cripps Ofcourse)

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Reckon there's a couple of upsets brewing this week. I reckon the 4 Anzac teams are at risk of being a bit flat this week. The short break last week was manageable, but would be worried the full effect will be felt this week.

In particular I think the Demons are in danger. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints jumped them and won by 40+ and Billings to score 130. Pies are also at risk, especially with travel. Dockers tend to do well against the Tigers and are in reasonable form.

Would therefore also be reluctant to captain anyone from these sides, including Gawn. Hickey is an average ruckman, but provides a contest and has nullified Gawn before.
Saints have it a great record against Dees at Darklands Stadium. Having said that I'll be picking the Dees on form...

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Not sure about moving Holman. If he return to his 80+ scoring (4/6 so far) he'll make another $150k. You get a free-hit on him this week and if he plays as a defensive forward and scores 30 you've lost nothing. If he moves back to the midfield and scores 90 you'll be regretting it.

I'm thinking along same lines. No trades for me this week.

I didn't move on Guelfi / Mirra etc. last week so by some miracle this week I have a full side plus cover. Only execeptions - L. Murphy (named Emergency) and D Cameron (not named).

Thinking I'll let the rookies ripen one more week, hope Christensen won't drop too much cash and then check out Spargo & Ronke next week.

BTW Sunday teams now confirmed on AFL site. Petracca & Fritsch named for Dees. Banfield named on bench for Freo.

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

I didn't move on Guelfi / Mirra etc. last week so by some miracle this week I have a full side plus cover. Only execeptions - L. Murphy (named Emergency) and D Cameron (not named).

Thinking I'll let the rookies ripen one more week, hope Christensen won't drop too much cash and then check out Spargo & Ronke next week.

BTW Sunday teams now confirmed on AFL site. Petracca & Fritsch named for Dees. Banfield named on bench for Freo.

Lot's of whispirs that Cotchin may miss as well - may not be many here with him but monitor teams.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

I ended up deciding to hold this week too. I only have Olango and Acres not playing this week. The decision not to go with the rookies from last week seems like a good one at this stage with Guelfi and Mirra out already and Higgins hanging by a thread.

With some good potential choices next week and none of the rookies ready to trade out yet, decided best to hold fire.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
The saints play a more uncontested style of football than the dees. Dees will smash them in clearances and contested possession, and if they can even be remotely efficient going inside 50 like the second half against the bombers, saints will be destroyed.

Not to mention the saints can’t hit a target more than 1m out and couldn’t kick a goal if their lives depended on it.

Sure, they could upset the dees, but they would have to magically transform weeks of pathetic form in multiple areas all at once. Unlikely.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Is Cole/Duman must haves?
Like Cole a lot but slightly expensive, I don't know about Dumans JS.
I could skip both and use my $$ by just doing Bonner > Sicily, thoughts?
I could do Bonner > Cole and Dunkley > Sicily?
But doggies have gold coast and brissy coming up.. so gut says to hold Dunkley even though he's really dropped in form.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
25 Trades: 261K - Looking for your best trade advice, thanks
DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Doedee, Murray, Bonner (Naughton, L Murphy)
MID: Danger, Fyfe, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, Kelly, Finalyson, Holman (Banfield, Brayshaw, Barry)
RUC: Gawn NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Petracca, D Smith, Billings, Christensen, Henry (Fritsch, Guelfi)

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Is Cole/Duman must haves?
Like Cole a lot but slightly expensive, I don't know about Dumans JS.
I could skip both and use my $$ by just doing Bonner > Sicily, thoughts?
I could do Bonner > Cole and Dunkley > Sicily?
But doggies have gold coast and brissy coming up.. so gut says to hold Dunkley even though he's really dropped in form.
Cole looks to have a spot in the team, but on available data you'd say he's less than 70 average, maybe more like 60 which is probably not enough at his price. If you thought he could average more than that then consider.

Duman looks similar average (maybe slightly less). At the moment he's holding Johnson out of the team, but you'd have to wonder how long he can do that for.

I'd probably go Duman and hope they continue to prefer him over Johnson. But neither look like must-haves and most are bypassing them. Nothing wrong with Bonner -> Sicily.

I ended up skipping both and I'm holding Dunkley too. Really hoping they realise he's a terrible forward (he's kicked 0.7 and butchered that mark a couple of weeks back) and put him back more in the midfield.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
25 Trades: 261K - Looking for your best trade advice, thanks
DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Doedee, Murray, Bonner (Naughton, L Murphy)
MID: Danger, Fyfe, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, Kelly, Finalyson, Holman (Banfield, Brayshaw, Barry)
RUC: Gawn NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Petracca, D Smith, Billings, Christensen, Henry (Fritsch, Guelfi)
Bonner and Christensen look to be your 2 issues. I'd go either one to Sicily who looks the most obvious one you're missing. The other either hold a week or take Duman or Cole, depending on your preference. There's a few potentials next week so maybe holding not the worst idea.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Cole looks to have a spot in the team, but on available data you'd say he's less than 70 average, maybe more like 60 which is probably not enough at his price. If you thought he could average more than that then consider.

Duman looks similar average (maybe slightly less). At the moment he's holding Johnson out of the team, but you'd have to wonder how long he can do that for.

I'd probably go Duman and hope they continue to prefer him over Johnson. But neither look like must-haves and most are bypassing them. Nothing wrong with Bonner -> Sicily.

I ended up skipping both and I'm holding Dunkley too. Really hoping they realise he's a terrible forward (he's kicked 0.7 and butchered that mark a couple of weeks back) and put him back more in the midfield.

Thanks for responding mate.
With Finlayson, Murray and co. starting to cook defense is looking a bit weaker now, so def want to get Sicily in defense, but that means skipping Cole/Duman. I really want to keep Dunkley but ,last week i was screaming at him, useless against the worst team in the comp Carlton, his disposal was horrendous. You keeping him just as a gut feeling? I mean, a month ago he scored 107SC and missed 5 set shots that game!! he could've got 135+ no idea whats happened since then.
Maybe worst case if Dunkley goes bad again he'll only drop 15-20K. i'll downgrade him to Spargo next week if so. Rated higher than Cole/Duman, so prob smarter choice.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Thanks for responding mate.
With Finlayson, Murray and co. starting to cook defense is looking a bit weaker now, so def want to get Sicily in defense, but that means skipping Cole/Duman. I really want to keep Dunkley but ,last week i was screaming at him, useless against the worst team in the comp Carlton, his disposal was horrendous. You keeping him just as a gut feeling? I mean, a month ago he scored 107SC and missed 5 set shots that game!! he could've got 135+ no idea whats happened since then.
Maybe worst case if Dunkley goes bad again he'll only drop 15-20K. i'll downgrade him to Spargo next week if so. Rated higher than Cole/Duman, so prob smarter choice.
Against the Swans (and prior) Dunkley was playing more on a wing and pushing forward. The last 2 weeks he's played almost exclusively forward. Keeping him on gut feel and the fact they have the Suns and Lions in the next 2. Correction as well, he's kicked 5.7 this year. The 0 is for goal assists which is even worse!!

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Bont out. Hopefully more mid for Dunkley. Might also mean a tag for Macrae??