Trades before round 7

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I have Dunkly, Christensen, JOM and Holman. Not sure who is ready to go. I'm thinking Dunkley to Sicily and JOM to Cripps. I have 240k in the bank.

Team is

Laird Yeo Shaw Finlayson Doedee Murray (Mirra Murphy)

Mitchell Martin Fyfe Coniglio Acres JOM Kelly Holman (Brayshaw Barry Coffield)

Gawn Naitanui (English)

Gray Heeney McLean Smith Dunkley Christiensen (Rayner Fritsch)

Sicily will eventually go back and Acres forward.
Thoughts? Love some insight. Thanks guys.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I want Jack Macrae.

I just don't know who to trade him in for.

My 3 options are Walters (injured), Billings (a dud) or Christensen whose pretty much maxed out with a BE of 87.

Walters looks like he will miss 2-3 at worst, so I'm willing to prob hold him for at least another week.

I hate Billings - he is so soft and unaccountable and I'm struggling to see how he will turn it around. Looks terrible, but you would think he has to turn it around at some stage, surely? He averaged 93 last year and is in his 5th year as a number 3 draft pick.

Christensen can score well but is way too inconsistent.

My gut says do Christensen to Macrae and just hope Billings turns it around. I mean, Christensen isn't going to be a keeper anyway so it's prob best to move him on.

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
I want Jack Macrae.

I just don't know who to trade him in for.

My 3 options are Walters (injured), Billings (a dud) or Christensen whose pretty much maxed out with a BE of 87.

Walters looks like he will miss 2-3 at worst, so I'm willing to prob hold him for at least another week.

I hate Billings - he is so soft and unaccountable and I'm struggling to see how he will turn it around. Looks terrible, but you would think he has to turn it around at some stage, surely? He averaged 93 last year and is in his 5th year as a number 3 draft pick.

Christensen can score well but is way too inconsistent.

My gut says do Christensen to Macrae and just hope Billings turns it around. I mean, Christensen isn't going to be a keeper anyway so it's prob best to move him on.
This year I’ve been very aggressive in trading out non performing premiums. In year’s past I’ve held them way too long and it’s cost me ranking and money. So this year I moved on Zorko & Hibberd after round 2 before they dropped and Billings two weeks ago. The players I’ve brought in have been great. So while I know I’ve burned 3 trades, I think it’s been worth it....so far anyway!

Reactions: BingeThinker

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
Finally some news from GWS! In this case, I think Greene has to go and we might as well hold Kelly if we have already held out this long! The concern with Kelly is if he comes back and isn’t right, scores poorly and drops in price. With a BE of over 150, he’ll drop $25k if he scores anything below 100. I’m gonna give him 1 week, if he looks bad, trade to Oliver who has a similar BE.
I googled stress reaction in foot it discussed 4-6 weeks recovery

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I have done Holman to Cripps this week. With just under £500k in the bank and Cripps on a low break even I figure that any money Holman would make would be negated by Cripps increasing in value, which I hope is a good move :oops:

I like this trade do it!

Reactions: Rob86

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
also people are upgrading full tilt already, are you guys going more conservative and waiting for all cows to fully moo?
Can you upgrade too quickly?

To answer in short yes!
The aim of the game is to upgrade all rookie spots as soon as possible but obvioulsy with good players!
last year a lot of good teams were fully upgraded after the first bye.

With regards to the Billings trade talk there is no right or wrong answer here but FWIW I will not be trading him as I see more value in upgrading M8/D6 from a points leak/balance perspective.
If the issue is still there at the bye rounds he will go then.

Reactions: Geoff123

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Only move for me this week is Christensen to McLean. Leaves me with $100k in the bank, I wish there was another rookie or two. I could bring in Cole I guess. After listening to FBDonkey I might bring him in as well....

Reactions: Centroprise

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Reckon Cole is a season long bench keeper? Probably too hard to tell...

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Reckon Cole is a season long bench keeper? Probably too hard to tell...

No he is not as when calculating total "buy in" $$$ to upgrade to a full team based on current projections Cole is to be traded out for mine especially with his high starting price.
On field spot for me up till the byes and would love a 80-90 score from him in the next 3 weeks.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I’m going to hold Walters, I’m burning through trades without getting much value due to some correction trades and injuries..
J Kelly
R Lobb
Langdon
Ryan
Ryder
Bell (dropped)
2 correctional trades
Bonner - 80k

Hmmm 9 trades, 80k, that’s 9k per trade. At this rate I’ll get one upgrade in by the end of the year!!!! .

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
I’m not sure if I’ll trade Walters, but if I do it’s between

Sicily - good price, bye and average but suspension risk
Mundy - more expensive, consistent but plays on injury field and don’t want another player going down
Taranto - unproven, not sure he can keep his output and a bit late to jump on
M Robinson - good scoring, injury concerns.

I have McLean, Heeney, Petracca and D Smith already. Whether I hold Walters will depend is Langdon and Petracca play this week.

Thinking Sicily out of these guys. Really appreciate others thoughts.

Reactions: PickenWinners

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
I’m going to hold Walters, I’m burning through trades without getting much value due to some correction trades and injuries..
J Kelly
R Lobb
Langdon
Ryan
Ryder
Bell (dropped)
2 correctional trades
Bonner - 80k

Hmmm 9 trades, 80k, that’s 9k per trade. At this rate I’ll get one upgrade in by the end of the year!!!! .
I’d hold him! Ross Lyon said in an interview yesterday on WA tv that they are hoping Walters will be back by next week home game. If that happens, then he’ll only miss one game. Don’t trade a premium and a potential top 8 forward for a 1 week injury.

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Ideally would like to trade in a midfield premium this week but I don't think any of the ones bottoming out right now are close to the top ten.

Will most likely be going Christensen>Sicily and either Banfield or Holman to Crouch or Danger next week.

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
Would you still hold him if Petracca and ZGL aren’t playing and you have to cop a donut?

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I’d hold him! Ross Lyon said in an interview yesterday on WA tv that they are hoping Walters will be back by next week home game. If that happens, then he’ll only miss one game. Don’t trade a premium and a potential top 8 forward for a 1 week injury.
What about Acres? Seems to be underrated atm.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Would you still hold him if Petracca and ZGL aren’t playing and you have to cop a donut?
I'd keep all 3 and find a way to flip Petracca to the midfield

Paul Valenti

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2018
New
Im travelling well and want to bring in Macrae. Only issue is none of my rooks are ready to Downgrade/Upgrade. Was planning on holding Billings now that Ive kept him this long. So thoughts on

Option 1 -
Billings to Spargo (F6, 4 rooks in fwd)
Banfield (highest BE of rooks at 41)/Holman (BE 35) to Macrae (M6)

Now Macrae has BE of 115, Do I hold and hope that he has a stinker and doesnt increase while allowing my rooks to add some more value??

Option 2 -
Billings to Mundy and keep 100k in the bank and a trade to bring in a bubble option and macrae next week.

Option 3 -
Murray to Cole
Holman/Banfield to Macrae

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Using the android app how can i move coffield from mid to def and then bonner to use as a mid trade?