Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
What are we doing with Billings?

The Saints have had a tough 4 weeks, but have been competitive the last 3 weeks and Billings hasn't been able to post a score. It doesn't get any easier over the next 6 weeks though:
Demons
Dockers (away)
Magpies
Tigers
Eagles (away)
Swans

Things do get easier in the last 10 weeks with only a couple of top 8 contenders in the run home.
Given he's now $400k, do we cut and run or hold and hope he can put out some good scores on the run home? There's really nothing around his price that looks appealing either. I think I'm forced to hold and hope..

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
What are we doing with Billings?

The Saints have had a tough 4 weeks, but have been competitive the last 3 weeks and Billings hasn't been able to post a score. It doesn't get any easier over the next 6 weeks though:
Demons
Dockers (away)
Magpies
Tigers
Eagles (away)
Swans

Things do get easier in the last 10 weeks with only a couple of top 8 contenders in the run home.
Given he's now $400k, do we cut and run or hold and hope he can put out some good scores on the run home? There's really nothing around his price that looks appealing either. I think I'm forced to hold and hope..
I'm trading him to anyone else. Literally anyone. Cant handle him in my side any more!

This ones way out there but what about Mitch Robinson? Scoring consistently, well priced, avoiding the tag that clearly goes to Zorko, and then Beams. DPP, reasonably priced, massive POD. He might be picking up some of Zorko and Rockliffs points and doesn't seem to be tagging any more. I dont think I could do it but hes interesting to look at.

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm trading him to anyone else. Literally anyone. Cant handle him in my side any more!

This ones way out there but what about Mitch Robinson? Scoring consistently, well priced, avoiding the tag that clearly goes to Zorko, and then Beams. DPP, reasonably priced, massive POD. He might be picking up some of Zorko and Rockliffs points and doesn't seem to be tagging any more. I dont think I could do it but hes interesting to look at.
That is an interesting one. It's$74k to do it though....

Others I'm considering are JPK (currently at $441k), Charlie Dixon ($402k), Parish ($399k) and Seedsman ($429k). I don't have many DPP options at the moment though, so might be difficult to do much.

Reactions: Steve
May 14, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
What do we do with Josh Kelly and Toby Greene? The Giants are telling us nothing - Kelly has been a test for the past 3 weeks!
I have both - would you trade one (which?), both or neither?
I also have Billings, but at least he has a heart beat, so I have to keep him.

Reactions: Geoff123

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
What do we do with Josh Kelly and Toby Greene? The Giants are telling us nothing - Kelly has been a test for the past 3 weeks!
I have both - would you trade one (which?), both or neither?
I also have Billings, but at least he has a heart beat, so I have to keep him.
I traded Greene last week. Thankful I did because it sounds like it was the right call. This is from the update on Saturday with the coach:

Cameron said the star forward would miss "a bit of footy".

"I don't think anyone in our medical team can say with confidence is it going to be two weeks, is it going to be four weeks, is it going to be six weeks," he said.

"Clearly he's had a poor pre-season in terms of doing the work that we wanted him to do because of the issue with his foot through the months of December, January and February.

"We got him up for round one, he was going really well. He had a hamstring issue but then come Wednesday last week he started to feel a little bit sore.

From a SC perspective, would have been great to know he had a terrible pre-season and I wouldn't have picked him to begin with!!!

BingeThinker

Patron '17
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 14, 2016
Who to replace Michael Walters with?
With Ryder's return imminent you would think Westoff's scoring has to take a haircut but he is in a potential top 4 side and can still score in his high half forward role and giving Ryder a chopout when needed.
Assuming you have Heeney, R./Gray and Maclean the options apart from Westoff are 'the Dumb Niggler' (Sicily) or maybe Mundy from Freo?
Mundy probably the most consistent option but limited ceiling whereas Westoff has the higher ceiling.

Discuss!

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
With Ryder's return imminent you would think Westoff's scoring has to take a haircut but he is in a potential top 4 side and can still score in his high half forward role and giving Ryder a chopout when needed.
Assuming you have Heeney, R./Gray and Maclean the options apart from Westoff are 'the Dumb Niggler' (Sicily) or maybe Mundy from Freo?
Mundy probably the most consistent option but limited ceiling whereas Westoff has the higher ceiling.

Discuss!
I haven't got Walters but looking to upgrade Dunkley thus week. Same problem as i have Gray, Heeney, McLean and also Acres. I'm thinking Sicily. Was pretty against him at the start of year but with 3/4 games over 100 and a BE of 33 and only 448k I think he's worth the punt. Also, he may be top 8 forward still at end of the year and even more likely a top 8 defender. I will swing him back when my rookies are maxed back there. More positives than negatives. I also think Clarko will be a bit firmer with his attitude.

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
I’m most tempted by Walters to Mundy because of his consistency, same bye and that’s Ryder is coming back.

Reactions: Toadvine

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Is Sic a must have, or is it too late to trade him in?

Billings has missed so many shots on goals, he is basically giving away 20-30 points per game.
IF he slots a few more his 77 average could bounce back up to 90+
He has lost lost 100k already, so you only lose that money if you trade .. worth another week especially if you can loophole a rookie.

also people are upgrading full tilt already, are you guys going more conservative and waiting for all cows to fully moo?
Can you upgrade too quickly?

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
crunching the numbers, I can go Coffield >117K rookie and then Christensen to Mclean.

I checked his season heatmap and his playing a fair bit in the middle, with 55% time spend in the forward half and 45% in the back half.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
also people are upgrading full tilt already, are you guys going more conservative and waiting for all cows to fully moo?
Can you upgrade too quickly?
I don't know about anyone else but I am (im)patiently waiting for my rookies to peak.
There is always the worry that there won't be any new rookies to downgrade to when they do peak- but I live in hope,

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

Discuss!
The medical report on Walters has been favourable with 2-3 weeks the predicted timeframe. Would you consider holding instead given the lack of quality options?

Otherwise Sicily is the standout from those you've named.

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
The medical report on Walters has been favourable with 2-3 weeks the predicted timeframe. Would you consider holding instead given the lack of quality options?

Otherwise Sicily is the standout from those you've named.

Harley Bennell looks like he’ll be back this week. I wonder how Walters scoring will be affected by Bennell’s return? In the past Walters best scores have been when Bennell has been out, as they play a similar role. His injury might be a good excuse to jump off if unsure.

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Harley Bennell looks like he’ll be back this week. I wonder how Walters scoring will be affected by Bennell’s return? In the past Walters best scores have been when Bennell has been out, as they play a similar role. His injury might be a good excuse to jump off if unsure.
Actually, correction - they haven’t played together yet. My mistake. Still wonder how one would affect the other’s scoring.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I am holding Walters for this week. Use him as a loop hole option to get the best score between Fritch, Guelfi and Gowers.

I can only afford to turn Bonner and Christensen into McClean and Deledio? Is that crazy? Sideways mid pricer to mid pricer?

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I am holding Walters for this week. Use him as a loop hole option to get the best score between Fritch, Guelfi and Gowers.

I can only afford to turn Bonner and Christensen into McClean and Deledio? Is that crazy? Sideways mid pricer to mid pricer?
Scratch that Deledio has been ruled out of Friday's game along with Cameron.

Yes that was crazy talk.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Have it on fairly good authority that Danger isn't 100% fit. He's playing sore at the moment and getting through the pain, he doesn't have any sort of serious injury just isn't 100%. Trade wise Thinking Murray down to Duman (loophole mirra) then Christensen to Sicily. That leaves me 150k next week which will hopefully allow me to trade Garlett to Spargo and Holman up to Crouch. Thats the plan anyway well see if it goes that way :D

May 14, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-05-02/westfund-rehab-report-round-7

Toby Greene no chance and possible some time away, Dids and Cameron out Langdon a chance to play, which is good, else definantly hold. Kelly to come back in a week or two.
Finally some news from GWS! In this case, I think Greene has to go and we might as well hold Kelly if we have already held out this long! The concern with Kelly is if he comes back and isn’t right, scores poorly and drops in price. With a BE of over 150, he’ll drop $25k if he scores anything below 100. I’m gonna give him 1 week, if he looks bad, trade to Oliver who has a similar BE.