Trade Agressively Now?

David Donelly

Mar 25, 2019
I am thinking of taking a stock market approach to this week.

This may be a controversial but I believe that the first two rounds is about trading aggressively. With prices frozen the next two weeks, I intend on bringing in players who will raise in price, and removing players whose price will surely drop – regardless of their stature in the game. Brodie Grundy will be traded out and back in again later when his price bottoms out. Do you cop a $100k+ loss in team value or would you prefer the ability upgrade a Walsh to a Sheed, or a libba to a Rockliff ( just examples but both players prices are now set to rise regardless of Round 2 output).

This is the one time of year you can avoid future price drops in advance - To not trade your biggest potential price dropper in round 1 could be awkard next week if other players get injured/fail to fire. We have 30 trades for the year, none will be more valuable than the first 4 trades in round 1 & 2 before prices change.

Thoughts?

David (2222 points this week)

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I agree about the trading bit but not Grundy! If he scores another 80 this week then I agree he will go next week but what if he scores 120 to 140 you will feel sick.
For me this is the week to correct the rookies and next week is the week to correct premiums. Had Billings last year not going through that again.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I agree with trading in the the first too round as well... but not those guys. Trade for must have rookies you missed. Mid price gems. And any premo ish players you had that were a gamble and you don't think will be there at the end. If you think Grundy is top 2 or 3 ruck don't trade him. Essentially giving up 2 trades to end up with him for 150k tops. Plus you lose all the points he will likely score more than whoever you get. If that makes sense...

jabroni

Mar 8, 2019
gawn is the bigger risk of losing value in the rucks but you will have to get him back in sometime down the track unless he mysteriously loses his mojo this year