The year of the midpricer

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Hartung at this stage is sitting M6 fo me then rooks. JOM wont be playing early and Polec ergh doesn't do much for me.
HArtung is currently in my team as well but Crouch, JOM and Polec aren't

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
HArtung is currently in my team as well but Crouch, JOM and Polec aren't

JOM will struggle to get on the park could be a nice sideways trade with a rookie levelling early, Crouch and Polec I'm really unsure about at this stage and I doubt will have a place in my team.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
JOM will struggle to get on the park could be a nice sideways trade with a rookie levelling early, Crouch and Polec I'm really unsure about at this stage and I doubt will have a place in my team.
I dont even know if BCrouch will play R1

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
What are your thoughts? Is he a good chance to be in your side come round 23?
I doubt it, and I doubt he's THAT much of a cash cow either. I'm not interested at all in Polec or Hartung (don't see them as a keeper, or a cash cow, probably average 80-90)... Crouch a tiny tiny bit interested but think he's to big a risk at 300k, if he gets injured again (he's more injury prone than Libba+O'Meara) then who the fk do you trade him to, down to a rookie? (if it's around R5 probably nobody of quality to drop down to) or up to a premo? (which I also doubt that you'd have the cash to get him up to someone of quality) Possibly a sideswap to O'Meara I guess, if O'Meara plays his first game in round 3ish?

These picks really don't interest me at all... Libba's the only midpriced midfielder I'm currently interested in.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I doubt it, and I doubt he's THAT much of a cash cow either. I'm not interested at all in Polec or Hartung (don't see them as a keeper, or a cash cow, probably average 80-90)... Crouch a tiny tiny bit interested but think he's to big a risk at 300k, if he gets injured again (he's more injury prone than Libba+O'Meara) then who the fk do you trade him to, down to a rookie? (if it's around R5 probably nobody of quality to drop down to) or up to a premo? (which I also doubt that you'd have the cash to get him up to someone of quality) Possibly a sideswap to O'Meara I guess, if O'Meara plays his first game in round 3ish?

These picks really don't interest me at all... Libba's the only midpriced midfielder I'm currently interested in.
i think Liba is the only mid pricer you can keep for the year, all others will need to be up or down graded as they wont score like a prem.

Although i have had Lloyd in my team since SC opened

Reactions: M4TT B8S

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
In the midfield, I agree... Elsewhere there'll be guys you can keep
The other question is whether you select mid pricers that will score more than rookies and make less money or get rookies that will make more money but less scoring potential

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
The other question is whether you select mid pricers that will score more than rookies and make less money or get rookies that will make more money but less scoring potential

Hit the nail on the head.

As much potential as Billy Hartung has he is not going to be a keeper and will probally make less money than a Macaffer, Parish or most other decent rookies below him. I feel like that 100k -200k could be spent better elsewhere in my personal opinion, although you gotta consider what Tabs said more scoring potential over less cash, or more cash over less potential.

I feel like Billys not the player worth sacrificing the cash for.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I have Libba and Hunter at the moment in the midfield. I have too many question marks on the premo backs and forwards so have gone mid-price mad there at the moment.

As a Hawk fan, I can't see Hartung averaging 90. 80 seems about right, maybe up to 85 if he has a good run.

I've heard a lot of the "averaged this when wasn't the sub" about a lot of players. The confounding things in my mind are:
- Are they sub all the time because they're fringe and might not be best 22 (e.g. de Boer)?
- Are they subbed out when going crap and kept on when running hot, thereby inflating their non-sub game average?
- Are they picked as the sub a lot because they weren't training as well as others?
- Are they pick as the sub all the time because aerobic capacity is lower than others and with no sub and reduced interchanges maybe they won't get picked at all?
- Will they tire more playing consecutive full games and either drop their scoring or get dropped completely?

Take these with a grain of salt I think. At least cut 10 points off their "non-sub" game average I reckon.

I've gone with less rookies this year and tried to put more mid-price guys in because of the loss of the sub-rule. A lot of first-year guys won't be able to play full games for many weeks consecutively. Only rookies I'll be taking will be more mature age guys I think this year.

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I've gone with less rookies this year and tried to put more mid-price guys in because of the loss of the sub-rule. A lot of first-year guys won't be able to play full games for many weeks consecutively. Only rookies I'll be taking will be more mature age guys I think this year.

I like the way your thinking mate.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So who do people think out of the mid-pricers can go on to be a keeper for the season? outside of Libba,

I like C Bird I don't think a 95+ average is beyond him, quietly confident.
Next closest for me M Hutchings from West Coast, hadn't looked at him until he was mentioned on this forum but like the way he goes about it, suits SC scoring, his past numbers are solid.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
i have liba, hunter and Lloyd atm. Hoping they can produce the goods

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
i have liba, hunter and Lloyd atm. Hoping they can produce the goods

Will be watching Hunter's role closely through the NAB - averaged 103 from Rd17-23 and backed up with a handy 107 in the Elimination Final.. could be an interesting POD and Jack Macrae-esque breakout..

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Hunter played off half back a fair bit late last year, Boyd and Murph aging, JJ we seem to want to move up the ground a bit more with his pace (would think about picking JJ but I don't like his new hairstyle.) So potentially very good news for Hunter to keep that sort of role. Brought in Sucks but I can see him playing a lot of half forward

Reactions: Danz and tabs

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Anyone feel that 400k + is too much to pay for a mid pricer people i like above 400k just feel too risky to take