Selwood

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Upgrading Tarrant to a midfielder and need a rd 13 bye for structure. Not really many options out there and I keep coming back to Selwood. Priddis would be good if not for his price and Shiel/Treloar only others I can see. My thinking is that there is no way Selwood averages less than 110, hasn't done since his second season way back in 2008. Know he was covered in the podcast but what are everyone else's thoughts on him?

Sizza

Aspiring Coach
Apr 25, 2015
I actually think 110 is a stretch. Whilst he hasn't averaged less than that since 2008, he also hasn't had as little amount of stars around him since then either.

I believe there has been a slight change in point allocation for tight moments (eg. last quarter) where that helped is ceiling points in big games. With this taken into account and his knack of having sub 80 games, I don't think he'll reach the heights of 110.

Would love to be proven wrong however and you can never count out a superstar

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm in the same situation. Really want to bring in a round 13 player for my bye situation but they're all priced high (Tmac) or have questions hanging over them.

Selwood has been on my shopping list for weeks but I'm not going to touch him until he shows something. He's been down so long I don't think one good game will be enough to convince me either. Sheil the only one I'm really considering ...

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yep I agree that you want to see a couple of good scores outta Selwood before you grab him.
Other Rd 13 mid premo's - Ward, Treloar, Shiel (good team, good draw), Boomer (NM have a great run home), Boak, Wines (surely PA turn it around), Priddis (Mr Consistent).

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
At this price you can afford to wait on him until he busts out a big score and still get him in then. This is the first year I've started him because I thought he would be far and away Geelongs best mid this year. He still might be but I've learned my lesson and won't ever start him again.

I think from such a low base point of where he is right now, 105 is more realistic. If he can have one of his big runs where he averages 130 for 6-8 weeks then obviously things could change. Id be wary of bringing him in on reputation alone though.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Cheers guys, cooled right off and tossing up between Treloar and Shiel now.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Just a spanner In you works - considered Ebert? cheap consistent book wines and gray to draw tag or company and ports sos improves considerably?
Just not sure what to make of Port atm, and have doubts on Eberts ability to reach true mid premium status. Went Treloar in the end, a bit of value to be had at 500k so here's hoping he gets off the chain against the doggies today (but hopefully in a 100 point loss with Tom Boyd kicking 10)