Round 9 Trades

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Guys im completely decimated and need direction!!!
Details first: 21 Trades, $11,600 in bank, 5th in my cash league with a 4-2 record.
Team: Injuries/Omissions in Bold

DEF: Heater, Simpson, Gibson, Rance, DBJ, Weitering (Laird, Adams)
MID: Danger, Parker, Pendles, Ward, Ablett, Libba, Hewett, Smith, (Barlow, Davis, Dunkley)
RUCK: Gawn, Stef, (Wyatt)
FWD: Hall, Martin, Kerridge, Bennedy, Brown, Petracca, (Wells, Papley)

Question, is Ablett cooked?? His shoulder is not right, has a high BE and could very easily be sub $500k in a few weeks which is unheard of for the little master.
Is Barlow cooked?? Clearly out of favour with Ross and with a 39 posession game in the WAFL could only manage an Emergency spot, surely he returns next week???
Whats the deal with Hall's shoulder?? Not listed on any injury list thru the week and then is injured tonight!!!
Man I just dont know.

I could trade Barlow and Ablett this week for a Priddis and a Franklin. Or swap Barlow with Kerridge and trade Barlow for, Franklin, Zach Merrett or a mid pricer.

Or do nothing hold and play 21 and take a hit and pray.

Let me know any ideas and I will return the favour for your teams! Thanks Community!

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm holding him and moving wells on instead. At least Barlow is fit. I'm concerned re wells injuring his Achilles again.
Yeah if wells misses again next week then he might end up going too. I just can't trust Ross. I don't care if Barlow plays every game for the year from next week. I just won't go near a Ross Lyon side again unless it's a fit Fyfe.

Reactions: jester5au

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
Yeah if wells misses again next week then he might end up going too. I just can't trust Ross. I don't care if Barlow plays every game for the year from next week. I just won't go near a Ross Lyon side again unless it's a fit Fyfe.

I'm looking at Barlow to gray in a week or two. Prefer to upgrade wells then play a menapoo. As for Ross if he's going to play kids at least play tucker ffs

Reactions: Steve

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
It does seems bizarre for him to be an emergency if Ross has no plans to play him, still have the worry if he does get a game that he wont be in midfield,

Not suggesting he will play. But gees I'm going to piss myself if he does.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Question, is Ablett cooked?? His shoulder is not right, has a high BE and could very easily be sub $500k in a few weeks which is unheard of for the little master.
Is Barlow cooked?? Clearly out of favour with Ross and with a 39 posession game in the WAFL could only manage an Emergency spot, surely he returns next week???
Whats the deal with Hall's shoulder?? Not listed on any injury list thru the week and then is injured tonight!!!
Man I just dont know.

I could trade Barlow and Ablett this week for a Priddis and a Franklin. Or swap Barlow with Kerridge and trade Barlow for, Franklin, Zach Merrett or a mid pricer.

Let me know any ideas and I will return the favour for your teams! Thanks Community!
Your about confused as the rest of us.

Got to conserve the trades Geoff, but depends on your opponent this week. Size up the competition and see if you need to do the 2 trades

While Gaz might look cooked, you have to back him to turn it around.
Apparently Ross is trying to add some speed and we all know that Barlow would come a distant 3rd in a race with the tortoise and the hare. Don't see him being apart of Freo's plans going forward. Could come back next week but I don't Ross even knows what he is doing.
Hall's shoulder is a mystery. Not sure anyone knows the extent of the injury.

I like the players you want to bring in, but have you considered McPherson? Would give you a bit of cash injection.

Barlow/Wells to McPherson and Papley upgrade. Covers the donut and allows you another week to decide what to do with Barlow or Wells.

P.S. Like the strong backline.

cledus32

Jun 25, 2015
Trade in this week:
1. Priddis
2. Montagna
3. Merrett
4. Neale

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Trade in this week:
1. Priddis
2. Montagna
3. Merrett
4. Neale

Any help would be greatly appreciated
In going Tags this week and Pridda next week if that is any help - based completely on their break evens. I'm letting the other two run against me but you can probably make a case for Neale ... not for me at the price however.

Reactions: Steve

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Guys im completely decimated and need direction!!!
Details first: 21 Trades, $11,600 in bank, 5th in my cash league with a 4-2 record.
Team: Injuries/Omissions in Bold

DEF: Heater, Simpson, Gibson, Rance, DBJ, Weitering (Laird, Adams)
MID: Danger, Parker, Pendles, Ward, Ablett, Libba, Hewett, Smith, (Barlow, Davis, Dunkley)
RUCK: Gawn, Stef, (Wyatt)
FWD: Hall, Martin, Kerridge, Bennedy, Brown, Petracca, (Wells, Papley)

Man I just dont know.

I'd probably go Papley to MacPherson via DPP to put some money in the bank ... and I know the boys on the Podcast said Barlow was a hold but with Barlow, Wells, and Hall all out this week I think he is probably a trade. Turn him into your favourite available forward line primo. I'm going Montagna but you might prefer someone younger. No way I'd be holding trades this week. You should at least cull a rookie I reckon.

Reactions: Dino

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
wow nearly 13,000 people have jumped off Ablett
and 12,000 off wells
personally im holding both at the moment

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
$248K 23 Trades

Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, D Byrne-Jones, Tippa, Brown, Adams, Weitering
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Hannebury, Libba, Petracca, Hewett, Smith, Davis, Oliver, Ablett
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, Grimley
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Kerridge, Kennedy, Menadue A Hall, Wells, Barlow

I need some advice. I have bolded the players out this week.
What trades should I make this week? Thanks heaps.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
$248K 23 Trades

Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, D Byrne-Jones, Tippa, Brown, Adams, Weitering
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Hannebury, Libba, Petracca, Hewett, Smith, Davis, Oliver, Ablett
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, Grimley
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Kerridge, Kennedy, Menadue A Hall, Wells, Barlow

I need some advice. I have bolded the players out this week.
What trades should I make this week? Thanks heaps.

Depending on your league situation or overall rank situation:
Option 1: Swap Hall/Wells with Petracca, play Davis or Oliver. Hold trades
Option 2: Trade Barlow for any FWD u like, HOLD
Option 3: See option 2 and trade Hall/Wells and move tippa/brown/adams fwd and bolster defence

I love ur swing sets :)

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Maybe their banner will give is a clue?
The conditions will suit Barlow, heavy rain and wind, I think Ross is making a statement with Barlow - not in our plans LT, but Ross is competitive, wants to win and I wouldn't be surprised if late change = Barlow in
Hard to plan for I know when game is Sat late