Round 9 Discussion & Trade Talk

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Potential Trade In Targets: Dangerfield, McRae, O’Keffe etc

Potential Trade Outs: Naughton, In fact a lot of rookies

Any must have rookies on the bubble this week - O’Keffe provides helpful DPP sub for those who have Sicily.

Reactions: Centroprise

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Potential Trade In Targets: Dangerfield, McRae, O’Keffe etc

Potential Trade Outs: Naughton, In fact a lot of rookies

Any must have rookies on the bubble this week - O’Keffe provides helpful DPP sub for those who have Sicily.
EPhillips looks likely for next week and maybe even Cummings @ GWS.
One down and up this week and probably next week as well.

Unfortunately Naughton has to go :-( he is going to loose so much money when he plays next. Doodee, Finlayson and Holman all with BE approaching or surpassing their averages.

Thinking Naughton to Keefe (DPP) - not 100% on his job security and Doodee to ?? Webster or Simpson - What are peoples thoughts on Webster? Don't know much about him. Averaging more than Savage...

Watched the Carlton v Essendon game and really don't like the way Essendon are playing at all. Hurley and all Essendon players a miss till at least after the bye.Their game plan sucks at the moment. Not good considering I am holding Zerrett

Captain talk.. Melbourne v Carton this week...... Gawn/Oliver

Reactions: PickenWinners

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I really need to do something about Goldy. Kruzer looks like he has bottomed out and is back in form. For 50k I think it is time to pounce.

Just one up (or sideways???) this week!

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
My trades for this week:
Naughton - Hurn (just short on cash for Yeo)
Doedee - Danger (swing Finlayson back)

Looking at Philips next week and possible one upgrade also.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Naughton getting injured has thrown my plans into chaos. Had him on field. My DEF & FWD lines now reads:

DEF: Laird, Hurley, Doedee, Murray, Naughton, Cole (Mirra, Murphy)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Sicily, Smith, Billings, Higgins (Spargo, Guelfi)

Looking at doing:

Naughton > Ronke (via Finlayson via Spargo)
Doedee > Hogan (via Sicily)

Ronke still present value at $214k IMO.

Billings survives again, much to my frustration, but I don't much other choice as my backline needs some desperate renovating. My team would like this after those trades.

DEF: Laird, Hurley, Sicily, Murray, Finlayson, Cole (Mirra, Murphy)
MID: Macrae, Fyfe, Titch, Dusty, Cripps, Crouch, Coniglio, Kelly (Walters, Brayshaw, Spargo)
RUC: Gawn, Nank (Olango)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Hogan, Billings, Ronke (Higgins, Guelfi)

Has a better structure about it than before the trades.

Billings is just completely devoid of confidence and looks like he'd struggle to get a kick in the magoos. Richardson's woeful coaching isn't helping - why he is leaving him stationary in the F50 is beyond me. He played some of his best footy up the ground last year. I have no idea what Richo is doing leaving him up there. I may field Higgins over Billings this week, but they're playing an in form Eagles in Perth. Tough decision. Still have Walters sitting on the pine so need him back ASAP.

Next week, Will look at Brayshaw to Phillips and one of Finlayson/Murray to Simpson/Yeo.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Naughton getting injured has thrown my plans into chaos. Had him on field. My DEF & FWD lines now reads:

DEF: Laird, Hurley, Doedee, Murray, Naughton, Cole (Mirra, Murphy)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Sicily, Smith, Billings, Higgins (Spargo, Guelfi)

Looking at doing:

Naughton > Ronke (via Finlayson via Spargo)
Doedee > Hogan (via Sicily)

Ronke still present value at $214k IMO.

Billings survives again, much to my frustration, but I don't much other choice as my backline needs some desperate renovating. My team would like this after those trades.

DEF: Laird, Hurley, Sicily, Murray, Finlayson, Cole (Mirra, Murphy)
MID: Macrae, Fyfe, Titch, Dusty, Cripps, Crouch, Coniglio, Kelly (Walters, Brayshaw, Spargo)
RUC: Gawn, Nank (Olango)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Hogan, Billings, Ronke (Higgins, Guelfi)

Has a better structure about it than before the trades.

Billings is just completely devoid of confidence and looks like he'd struggle to get a kick in the magoos. Richardson's woeful coaching isn't helping - why he is leaving him stationary in the F50 is beyond me. He played some of his best footy up the ground last year. I have no idea what Richo is doing leaving him up there. I may field Higgins over Billings this week, but they're playing an in form Eagles in Perth. Tough decision. Still have Walters sitting on the pine so need him back ASAP.

Next week, Will look at Brayshaw to Phillips and one of Finlayson/Murray to Simpson/Yeo.

Ronke is done. Look at Keefe at 117k for Naughton. Won't score like Ronke did but at 100k cheaper doesn't need to. Also Ronke will have buddy in next week to content with. Also, Keefe had def/fwd dpp with Sicily so you can put him fwd and Sicily back. He also had 27 hitouts on the weekend. Then look at putting getting rid of Finlayson/Doedee for a quality forward like Gray or even a mid like Macrae or Danger who is ready to jump on. Just a thought. Ronke is a waste of 100k.

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Really stumped on what to do this week. The plan was to downgrade Holman and upgrade Doedee/Finlayson/Naughton to Hurley.

Hurley has a BE of 150 so will become cheaper but my rookies will probably lose cash soon. And all the other upgrade options who i like have an early bye that i don't like.

On top of that I don't like the downgrade options that much. Could go a week early on Ainsworth or Phillips maybe.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Really stumped on what to do this week. The plan was to downgrade Holman and upgrade Doedee/Finlayson/Naughton to Hurley.

Hurley has a BE of 150 so will become cheaper but my rookies will probably lose cash soon. And all the other upgrade options who i like have an early bye that i don't like.

On top of that I don't like the downgrade options that much. Could go a week early on Ainsworth or Phillips maybe.
Hurley has done a hammy so put a line through that completely, could be a good post-bye pickup

Reactions: Coach Craig

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Thoughts on Cogs? I'm regretting not offloading him when he was $550k a couple of weeks ago. Some decent scores but he's not making the 130+ scores to balance out the bad ones. Nor is he getting massive disposal numbers to offset his lower contested numbers and poor DE%. Can't see him maintaining a 110+ average.

Pondering moving him on to Danger this week...

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Thoughts on Cogs? I'm regretting not offloading him when he was $550k a couple of weeks ago. Some decent scores but he's not making the 130+ scores to balance out the bad ones. Nor is he getting massive disposal numbers to offset his lower contested numbers and poor DE%. Can't see him maintaining a 110+ average.

Coniglio has had 2 sub-100 scores: 93 vs the Lions and 64 vs the Cats.
The 93 against the Lions was due to his starting the game in the fwd pocket, spending a fair bit of time at half-back and almost no time as a mid.
Against the Cats he also started in the fwd pocket and was moved back to on-ball when it was clear the Cats were winning but it was too late. He also had 32.1%DE with 10 clangers. It was just a bad game.
I think his future scoring will depend upon where Cameron plays him. As he is one of the best inside-mids at the Giants it's hard to see them playing him anywhere else if they keep losing.
But what do I know? So many things that coaches do don't make sense to me,

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016

Well I missed the boat on him early and considering jumping on when he bottoms out so my suggestion would be no, he is class and will bounce back providing he avoids injury.

Sanj

Nov 16, 2017
What are peoples thoughts on whether yeo will tag dusty this week and Possibly have another shocker like when he tagged Danger?

Tossing up either him, Lloyd or Webster

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Coniglio has had 2 sub-100 scores: 93 vs the Lions and 64 vs the Cats.
The 93 against the Lions was due to his starting the game in the fwd pocket, spending a fair bit of time at half-back and almost no time as a mid.
Against the Cats he also started in the fwd pocket and was moved back to on-ball when it was clear the Cats were winning but it was too late. He also had 32.1%DE with 10 clangers. It was just a bad game.
I think his future scoring will depend upon where Cameron plays him. As he is one of the best inside-mids at the Giants it's hard to see them playing him anywhere else if they keep losing.
But what do I know? So many things that coaches do don't make sense to me,
I'm actually not that worried about the 2 bad games, especially the 64. I can wear that. It's the overall picture. I'm not a fan of having guys who score better in AF than they do in SC. It means they're getting lots of uncontested ball or they're butchering it a lot and therefore their ceiling is lower. Gaff and Hunter have similar scoring patterns, and most wouldn't consider them for their SC teams as they're limited to the 105-110 range. Maybe it's role, injuries and the form of GWS the last few weeks, but I also don't think his first 5 weeks is a true reflection.

I'll hold as it's not the right time to trade, but he's not looking like a top 10 midfielder for mine and I might reassess at his bye.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I'm actually not that worried about the 2 bad games, especially the 64. I can wear that. It's the overall picture. I'm not a fan of having guys who score better in AF than they do in SC. It means they're getting lots of uncontested ball or they're butchering it a lot and therefore their ceiling is lower. Gaff and Hunter have similar scoring patterns, and most wouldn't consider them for their SC teams as they're limited to the 105-110 range. Maybe it's role, injuries and the form of GWS the last few weeks, but I also don't think his first 5 weeks is a true reflection.
I'll hold as it's not the right time to trade, but he's not looking like a top 10 midfielder for mine and I might reassess at his bye.
I don't necessarily mind Coniglio's bad SC-DT ratio, although as a general rule I will pick a player with a +ve ratio. Rocky and Swanny, not to mention Titch last year, have all got enough of the ball that they still scored well in SC.
It should also be noted that for whatever reason Coniglio has never scored well against the Cats. His most recent scores: 64, 88, 66, 78 and 98
However, having said all that I tend to agree with you as to the re-assessment at his bye. If he doesn't score well against North, Essendon, Adelaide and the Suns then he's probably not worth keeping long-term. Always provided there are no more pressing issues to deal with.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Any love for Zorko after backing up his big score?
Traded him in last week. Massive risk, but I think you need to trade in low, rather than high (McCrae). Too many examples of players going on high runs and then dropping. Dusty and Mitchell this year. Bont and S.Mitchell last year.
I looked at Zorko's early games and there were 2 where he got a knock, so decided to take the risk. It's a big risk, but so is this game.
JPK looks to be on a longer term decline. Zorko still at his long term peak.

Reactions: Prospector

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Anyone interested in Zorko now at $459k? 170 and 120 last 2 weeks. Does he come good now? seems like an absolute bargain for someone who started at 600k

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Anyone interested in Zorko now at $459k? 170 and 120 last 2 weeks. Does he come good now? seems like an absolute bargain for someone who started at 600k
No. He is too unreliable. If he were to prove that he could score decently when tagged? Then it would be different.

Reactions: luke394

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018

Zorko kicked 4 goals in each of those games. Not really sustainable is it?

Reactions: luke394