Round 7 trades

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
Looks like Glenn might be out, we'll know tonight. Easy decision for me now thanks to injuries:

Heeney to Macca
Sloane to Mitchell (swing Gray to Mid)
Holding Saad

Bank is building nicely...

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Heeney to McKenzie
Hogan to Gray

Taking a punt by missing out on Titch. Made the wrong call by not starting Gray and it's killing me not having him. Gray will be at worst a top 3 forward this year. Mitchell won't come near that. That's my justification anyway.

Muddiemoose

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 6, 2015
Sloane out for jpk & dmac in for Newton
Couldn't afford another non playing "premo" with titch round 11
494k in the bank for next week getting ready to throw some $$$$$ around

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I've decided to go against the grain and not bring in mitchell but Instead yhe bont. Suits my structure better and still gives me mpp link.
so for me hamling to Mckenzie and Heeney to the bont.
Fingers crossed I don't lose ground.

Reactions: Marcus SCC

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Bont and Mitchell are both mid/fwd dpp. What does "suits my structure better" mean? @thejuddernaut

Sorry the last post was short and sharp FB but finding it too easy to do on the run with the new platform from my phone.

Basically my thought process behind it is not only the fact it consolidates my bye structure numbers on the field but it also gives me a player owned by approx 50% of teams so in my silly "probably reflective of the team I support" mind I'm actually not losing ground on most high ranking by not picking up mitchell unless he hits 50% ownership, or more than the bont.

My other reasoning behind not picking up mitchell is his scores have been against melbourne and the bulldogs which is ok? but I noticed when collingwood and geelong clashed last week, obviously blicavs ran with pendles to great effect but their tagger, only in my opinion, Guthrie went to adams to stop the run and his accumulation and outside use. I can see that happening this week with mitchell, Im not saying it will but JPK is going to accumulate inside regardless of tag and parker hasn't been setting the world on fire (I know as an owner) so my theory is they send him to mitchell, his score suffers this week but...... if it works like it did against adams it could be done by other teams limiting his output and thus putting his JS on the line. We all know he doesn't seem to be on Horse's xmas card list the last few years.

I know it's a lot of if's, but I have had Shiel since first picking my team this year because with Ward, Treloar, Greene and the addition of Griffen I felt he would get the least attention and his output would be sufficent to be worth the choice, along with what i thought was good SOS for the Giants and the natural progression he has shown and the number of games he played.
That wasn't a pat on the back for me just an explanation of my logic working out and backing it. I have made plenty of wrong calls over time as we all do, but I suppose with trades we can rectify situations if they are an almighty c%&k up and get rid of guys, but hard to bring them in once they are half a dozen games into their price rises if performing well, i.e Shiel.

In essence wanted to pick the bont up at the start but was already making too many risky calls, so a) get my man after watching and confirming he will score well, b) suits bye structure, c) I think mitchell will get extra attention from Geelong which could cause other teams to look at it and d) i'm picking up a player in a heap of teams so not losing ground or picking a 3% owned POD and finally e) If i do muck it up and mitchell scores like he will end up a top 6 fwd (which i don't believe) I have enough cash and an injured player I have held at great expense to be able to bring him in and eat humble pie, not for the first time.

Plus Rocky, GAJ, The Sloane Ranger and a few others in the offing mid wise so no spot as a keeper in my mids for him and in the fwds I cant see him displacing my keepers Gray, Dusty, Swan, Bennell, The Bont and Adams (well I can see him beating Adams but thats because it was a silly spur of the moment pick which I am still not entirely happy with).

Sorry FB bit long, but needed to get it out so it didn't sound like screw mitchell go bont. Theres logic behind it, whether it's right or wrong will be seen.

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Alekstah

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Need help!

Lachie Neale vs Joel Selwood vs Tom Mitchell

I'm thinking Lachie Neale as he's got a 10% chance of getting tagged you'd think but I don't like how Freo "takes the foot of the gas" if they blow teams out. Can Titch keep up this scoring?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Interesting that your Shiel logic could easily apply to Mitchell as well.

No argument there FB but different players, I think.
Mitchell doesn't have the pace of Shiel and I think would be more susceptible to a tag.
I'm taking the punt. If I'm wrong I'll wear it, if not I'll quietly go about my business. I jumped on the Prestia train last year as it took off from the station and got the golden ride till GAJ got hurt so proof I'm willing.
Just my opinion. (the juddernaut crosses his fingers and toes hoping for The Bont to go gangbusters and mitchell not too, still has his fingers crossed for the blues to make finals too, does that tell you the glass is half full, not half empty for the juddernaut or that he is delusional bordering on insane)

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Need help!

I'm thinking Lachie Neale as he's got a 10% chance of getting tagged you'd think but I don't like how Freo "takes the foot of the gas" if they blow teams out. Can Titch keep up this scoring?

Depends on bye structure for me but without taking that into account - Selwood (proven, reliable, will play if fit, can handle tag, Geelongs form on the up, good SOS coming up, see them winning eight or nine of next 10?)

Selwoood for me.

Reactions: J-Dog

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Need help!

Selwood every time.

Reactions: J-Dog
Apr 29, 2015
Went the boring, safe option this week of NVB and Newton to McKenzie and Mitchell.

NVB was disappointing in only going up $80K, but even moreso for me that he was initially Cockatoo in my side. So 2 trades for basically 0 return. Ah well, can't win em all.

Having Mitchell in my mids gives the flexibility to upgrade either a fwd or mid rookie, so that's useful. I dont have Gray, so hoping for a down game or 2 from him and I'll bring him in, either mid or fed depending on what other mids are doing. Those 2 in will finish my fwd line